iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Yeah, you can have 148 apps max, I think.

2. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    not too bad then. got 70 so far.

3. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    And if they release a $9.99 upgrade instead a free one? Is it possible?

4. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    You can have 9 pages of apps on your device, max. In iTunes, that's not a limit, so if you want to have only a few pages of apps you can deselect the others in iTunes (but only when your iPod Touch / iPhone is connected to your Mac/PC).

5. Igoo

Igoo Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Anyone have any suggestions on the best character class? I've never played Puzzle Quest before.

6. Mad Portagee

Mad Portagee Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Ive logged in quite a bit of hours onto the 360 version, great game. I believe i was a paladin, but all of the classes seem very well balanced. So im not sure how much it really matters besides the starting spells and stats. Don't think you can go wrong w/ any class.

7. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I don't really understand the Toy Bot Diaries comments here.

$3.99 for a puzzle platformer with 4 "worlds" consisting of multiple "levels" isn't a lot at all. There have been shorter platformers released for a lot more on other systems.

TBQH, the whole "price should be lower" thing at the app store is both a blessing and a hindrance. It's a blessing because it does keep prices low, but a hindrance because I wonder how many bigger developers out there are wary of releasing games on iTouch/Phone due to the complaints of people who balk at paying $9.99 for full fledged games that would be priced at more than triple that amount on DS and PSP.

8. preuve

preuve Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Disappointed

The good news is that the gameplay is untouched. I have to say though that I find it uncomfortable to play because of the fuzzy and small text. :(

I would like to hope that a patch would improve things. Honestly though, it would mean rescaling all of the graphics so I'm not holding my breath.

9. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    #29 idrisguitar, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    cant compare it to psp or ds.

things like:

-software not hardware, so no manufacturing costs
    -sold online not through store so extra staff for all that stuff is not needed (like sales and paperwork etc.)
    -having the itunes service which is like having a game shop in town that guarentees MILLIONS of visitors every day.
    -its a more open format. indie devs thrive in this environment. i dont rmemeber many students releasing promising games on ds and psp. so this means extra competition against big companies.

with all this in mind. i will be not buy any game, no matter how great it seems, if it is priced the same as a new ds or psp game. £20+..... quite simply NO.

thats what makes the app store so brilliant. even right now after less than a year. there is alwasy a cheaper option. while it may not be as great as the $10 gme. its there and it allows you to not feel cornered in order to have fun.

which is exactly what is wrong with the hardware based games consoles. the reason i have never bought a ds or psp is because i know £20+ for each game is something that i cannot afford.

10. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    typeface - who do you complain to?

Who else is completely turned off by the UNREADABLE typeface? How did this pass thr approval process? And if you didn't already notice, there's no way to complain to the publisher. Both that link and the support link lead to a site "under construction."

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    I stick to Samurai Puzzle Battle....seems even more beautiful and way more cheap! So why all the buzz about this....

12. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    #32 aghartastudio, Dec 23, 2008
    If think the price is a steal too.. don't even start comparing it to 1112

we are making the game by 5 hours episode, and it's storyline structure was designed that way from the beginning, it's not some cheap cutting to make some easy profits, plus each episode will be priced 4.99 for ORIGINAL content!
    Otherwise it would have take a whole year (or more) to make the whole game (I can as well say that no indie or even big company will spend that sort of time on a iPhone game!!)

For puzzle quest however I don't see any reason why they cut the game(and price it that much!!), i remember paying a low price for the DS version (20$) and somethin like 15 for the 360 version... for the full game

+ There is almost no work behind this except resizing graphics and a quick dev port...

13. preuve

preuve Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I've found this on the TransGaming website:

[email protected]

14. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Yea i noticed that too
    Dont think im going to cough up 10bucks for this ;)

15. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    #35 Flunkie, Dec 23, 2008
    What a ***** move.

16. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    As someone has already said they don't taking iPhone seriously.

The tiny text, tho I can read, is a sign of it.

Those big game titles are becoming poor ports instead a "version for".

OK. The gameplay is nice and there is content (like this game, the Baseball one and Crystal Defenders) but this qualities are the minimum one could expect for a game that already exists. Minimum!

17. Boleje

Boleje Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Thats the only complaint I have on this port, especially trying to see the numbers of how much mana you have during a dual.

18. Didn't care too much for the DS version so can't imagine any changes to iphone version that'd change my mind. Was way over hyped on DS let's hope same doesn't happen to iphone version.

19. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    #39 jmelrose, Dec 23, 2008
    I sent an email about 2 weeks ago to:

[email protected]

to ask when PuzzleQuest was coming out. I got a reply within 48 hours and while they couldn't give me a date, they did get back to me quickly despite not having an answer. I was pretty impressed. I suggest contacting them directly... while I can't imagine they would be surprised to find the text is difficult to read, who knows. Every other company that has gotten direct, constructive, feedback seems to be pretty responsive. Maybe this was a bit of a rush job to get PQ into the App store in time for holiday giftcards to be used, and an update will be forthcoming shortly afterwards.

Aghartastudios... As you're logging on as a develop/game studio and not just some user on the forum, I think it's pretty unprofessional for a competing product to cast dissenting opinions of another studio's work. They have a lot of text in Puzzle Quest, and all of it makes sense. Sell YOUR product, don't dis someone else's. Plenty of others have pointed out the text and other issues, so throwing fuel on that particular fire only comes across as self-serving. I've found it a LOT easier to get into Puzzle Quest, small text and all, than I have 1112, which to be frank sits on my phone ready to be deleted to gain back a homepage slot AND 100+ MB of space. And I love graphic/text adventures. Long live Frotz.

Anyway, not to say 1112 isn't a great looking game and an obvious labor of love, but if you're going to say there is no work behind something, don't put out a product that upon initial release wasn't even run through spellcheck, please. Then you can cast stones.

20. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Wow, you must have 20/40 vision :eek: lol