iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Finished the demo. I think I will buy the full version once the update comes out.

2. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

#202 Oliver, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
    Tried the lite version yesterday. Well, I tried to try it. I know that there were two updates which increased the text size and made the graphics look more sharp and increased the framerate, but WHAT THE HELL did they think? This game is still completely unplayable! I cannot read the damn text! I cannot read most of it!

Yes, great, use an old WHITE font, put it on a WHITE background and now make a grey border around the text. Still too easy to read? Well, than make it blurry. Yes. That's fine. Oh, let me see, the other fonts are white on black, so what can we do here to make it hard to read? Ah, I see, let's take this damn old looking rpg font and make it small. Really small. Take a look: you can hardly read this in our iPhone emulator. Now imagine the pain reading this on a real device, where everything is 30% smaller. Unreadable? Great! Work done!

What where they thinking? Did they want to create a good port for the iPhone or just kick our butts?

3. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    #203 Diablohead, Feb 20, 2009
    I also grabbed the lite trial earlier and after a good hour's play time I love it, With and without my glasses on I can read all the font fine on my 2nd gen touch, so i'll buy the game later instead of playing the demo to the end to only start from the beginning in the full.

The whole presentation is a little blurry but I like how soft it all feels, beats pixelated fonts and character images in cut scenes.

Just for fun I wonder how many people can read this, the font is used in a popular online game:

[​IMG]

:p

4. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Do people play this game 1m away from their face or something? Text size is fine.

5. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Hm... I have to say that after playing the Lite version, I loved PuzzleQuest so much that I immediately bought the whole game. And it is the first time that I spent any money on AppStore after owning an iPotch for 2 months and playing quite a few demos. Besides great gameplay, PQ has that advantage over the majority of igames - no irritating control fumbling. It does what I want it to do.

I have no problems with text readability either, IMHO the font is very clear.

A highly enjoyable game, which fits a portable platform to a T.

6. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    #207 kennfusion, Feb 20, 2009
    Anyone know of an online resource that has all of the spell lists for all of the classes? Even gamefaqs does not have this.

Oh I see, gamefaqs has the original 4 classes, but our iphone version came with all 8 classes.

7. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    So, I have been playing PQ for the last couple of days and I am absolutely loving it, but I have some questions, if anybody is still reading this thread:

1. I have only noticed that I have access to my Citadel mid-game - I somehow thought that it would be unlocked with some fanfare by the main quest.

And I have heard that in order to capture prisoners/mounts I have to defeat them several times. But how many times? And "instant action" only throws tough creatures at me now. Does it mean that I have missed the chance to learn from/tame weaker monsters? I really want some of their spells...

2. Are Runes undestructible? I.e. can I try to craft as many times as I wish?

3. What happens when I abandon an accepted quest? Can I retake it or is it gone?

I think that I have hit a bug with the Orders of Knighthood - I accepted another quest after it (which is normally no problem), but now the glowy markers for the castles are gone and I can't bring them back. All I can do there now is fight the Runekeepers.

TIA.

8. krazyfingerzz

krazyfingerzz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Net Admin/Professor/I play with gadgets!
    I found the citadel late in the game. I had heaps of money and so bought everything possible. When I went back to the gryphon, it asked before the fight if I wanted to capture, to which I said yes, and that was that (got my first mount!). I don't believe I had to fight the gryphon anymore than necessary when doing the original quest. So, once you get the stable, I'm pretty sure you can get your mounts.

I did the knight thing with no problem. The last one was in Bartonia, which brought the total to five, I believe. At that point, after beating all of them, I had to choose which order. Try clicking on each city, and you should see a description of the orders and what you gain by joining each. If you beat them all, I wouldn't think it mattered about taking a quest in between. I took a while to choose. But there may now be something or other for you to fight in order to get back to each city. Hope that helped!

About the runes, I just started with them and forged only one thing so far but if I find out, I will let you know.

9. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I believe you are given the opportunity to capture after you have defeated the opponent three times.

I'm pretty sure the Runs are indestructible. I still have all of mine.

10. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    They are not really cities though, just forts around Bartonia, right? I see the descriptions alright, but my problem is that the only thing I can do at them is fight the Runekeepers. I don't get the option to fight knights, even at Bartonia itself.
    When I got the quest, they all glowed green, like quest goals do, but then I took another quest and it all went away. Now it is the only quest in my journal, but I still can't do anything with it.

So, I wonder if I can click on "abandon quest" and take it again, shall all be fixed? Or does the quest just go away forever and it would be better to wait for an update?

Re: capture, must I have already defeated the creature 3 times and on the fourth occasion I'd get to play the capture mini-game?
    If so, is there any place on the map where one can repeatedly fight trolls? I really want that regeneration....

Thanks, folks! It is such a great little game :)...

11. Phreakuency

Phreakuency Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Free Chapter 2 update is out if it hasn't been mentioned yet.

12. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Cool, I think it's time for me to buy this game.

Anyone know if chapter three is a continuation of this game? I heard it's a whole new game, but I could be wrong.

13. Phreakuency

Feb 24, 2009
    I think it will be the Chapter from the expansion that was added to the Xbox 360 version.

14. GLun

GLun Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Chapter 2 is out! Check AppStore!

15. Phreakuency

Feb 24, 2009
    Look above mate...

16. SurgE

SurgE Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Singapore
    woot syncing the update now :D

17. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I hit level 25 and just stopped dead in my tracks and hardly played anything on my iPhone. Now, I'm good to go again. Yay, Transgaming!

18. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Was just starting to get into this game heavy, too :)

19. SurgE

SurgE Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Singapore
    Wow, i loaded my char and i got levelled up to 40 instantly. Is it a game feature or I stored so much experience points?