iPad [Pulled] PuzzleQuest Chapter 1 and 2 )by TransGaming)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by currymutton, Dec 23, 2008.

1. jmelrose

jmelrose Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Teach
    Central FL
    Has anyone contacted Transgaming about the level cap/crashing issue?

I am still at level 18, so wondering if I should slow down to avoid the game becoming unplayable. I noticed with the 1.2 update when I try to improve my castle the screen is all glitched, the right side is unintelligible at all.

2. jamsoft

jamsoft Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I haven't contacted them directly yet. Although I did leave a review in the iTunes store explaining the level cap issue.

Right now I'm waiting for free Chapter 2 update/upgrade which they apparently recently submitted the to the iTunes Store — so it should appear within the next week or two.

I'm hoping that will fix the issue, but if it doesn't I'll be contacting them directly.

3. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Up to level 23 and running out of quests, so I am also hanging by my thumbs waiting for Chapter 2. Soon, I hope!

4. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Glitch

Like jmelrose, I have noticed a vertical glitch on the Citadel screen. The right side is not what it is supposed to be and although the screen is still usable, this is an obvious bug. The bug also appears after quests are completed; the scroll is cut in two horizontally. I am emailing the developer and trust this will be addressed soon in another update.

Meanwhile, I finally reached Level 25 and since there are no more leveling up opportunities, I'm just going to wait for Chapter 2. :confused:

5. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    I reached the level cap a long time ago but I kept playing and gaining EXP. I wonder what happens when they update to 2. DO i mgically gain like 12 levels of experience or does it all count for nothing and get erased? That would suck as much as getting kicked in the furry peaches.

6. parranoya

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    #186 parranoya, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  7. jordancoolj

jordancoolj Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    has the chapter 2 update been sibmitted?

8. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I think I'll finally pick this up. I hear good things and the gameplay videos intrigue me.

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Yeah. I've been eyeing the patches and with the price drop and announcement that chapter 2 is included, I've decided to grab it.

10. gastroboy

gastroboy Member

Feb 16, 2009
    oh man - price drop three days after I caved in and bought it..:eek:...

11. JoNJoN

JoNJoN Member

Jan 31, 2009
    Meh, two bucks isn't so bad. I've been enjoying this game greatly the past few days to get too bothered about that. Now if it was $1.99 then I'd be a little pissed but again thats the iPhone app market. But yeh, this game is a must buy. Countless hours of stuff to do.

12. rpb1975

rpb1975 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    IT Consultant
    Texas
    What an aweful, aweful picture! Thanks for that :(

13. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    [Homer]Hhhhmmm, peaches[/Homer] :D

I'm pissed but not TOO pissed. Make it five bucks, THEN I'll be pissed :)

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    It's a public forum, you should prepare yourself for many many more aweful mental pictures lol. You eventually get used to it.

On a different note, I just got this game and didn't have much time to play (at work blah) and I did a quick game but wanted some very basic info from you puzzle quest experts: I understand the gem matching concept but there are different gems in the playing field; skulls, etc what do these do exactly? Is this eventually covered in the in-game tutorial? Online resource maybe?

15. Phi6

Phi6 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Erm, its all covered in the tutorial.
    Match up the skulls to do damage to your opponent.
    The basic game is really easy to grasp.
    It's the big picture that counts, ie: What spells to use, what colours you should be matching based on your enemy etc...

16. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Purchased Puzzle Quest this morning for the girlfriend and didn't even notice the $2 price drop until I saw this thread. We have the game on the PS2/PSP/DS, but an iDevice version is much more portable. Good timing I suppose. ^ ^

17. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Ditto. Well, that's life in the applandia. I bet you have managed to buy some games on discount, so it all kinda evens out on the long run :)

I didn't lose my nights sleep over two bucks (I guess, will go to bed now).

18. parranoya

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    EZ ---

match skulls to do damagage to your opponent
    ---collect, match, color to build up your mana for each color ----
    then cast spells to damage, heal, hurt, help all based on the spell used

you can level up your stats so that matching gems or skulls will have more effect and even create more wildcards ------ have fun with the game ...

you made a good choice!

19. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Right on. Yeah I haven't had a chance to go through the tutorial at work so it's nice to grasp the basic concept first anyway. THanks man.

20. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Multiple Characters???

I'm at level 25 with a Mage and there's no sense in continuing until Chapter 2 comes out. Question: if I create a new character, I don't lose my old one, do I? My apologies if this sounds like a stupid question, but I really don't feel like taking any chances after spending so much time on my level 25 character.

TIA.