Universal [Pulled] Mass Effect Infiltrator - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Wait so u can add stuff to them?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You can upgrade them, but it doesn't add features.

But the 4 are the typical archetypes - an assault , a shotgun, a sniper rifle and a beam cannon that penetrates shields. What more do you want?

Aside from a grenade. One of those would be nice.

3. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Just more weapons from the consule. Not many ppl are liking it sayings its a epoch copy. But epoch didn't let you move freely. What's the new rating?

4. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Man, I was a bit skeptical after seeing the first gameplay video but now I'm completely put off after reading the early impressions.

7$ seems a fair price so I guess you get what you pay for.. Personally, I'll just save the 7 bucks and put it toward Unit 13 tomorrow.

5. robertto

robertto Member

Nov 30, 2011
    quick first impressions, playing on on iphone 4

surprised how much i like it, i think this is the best implementation of third person shooting so far on ios, for perspective epoch did nothing for me, i didnt find it satisfying, and shadowgun along with other classically controlled shooters dont really work either.

the graphics are gorgeous and the gameplay is satisfying , so really impressed so far, granted this is from 20 minutes or so.

6. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Amazing..waiting to download it after 12PM! :)

7. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Is the game fun? Yes.

Is there (NZ)$10 worth of polish and gameplay here? Yes.

If you own every other worthwhile third-person shooter for iOS (all three of them), should you get this too? Yes.

One thing to clarify about the controls, because some people still seem to be under the impression that the game is almost on rails, is that the tap mechanic isn't just "tap on enemy and they die", it's more "tap to zoom", with aiming still required for weapons. It's actually quite an effective way of addressing the whole touchscreen issue that plagues many shooters on the platform, where you often end up trying to roll your thumb ever-so-slightly in order to move a crosshair three pixels to the left so that you can hit an enemy who is only still alive because the aiming controls won't behave. :p

8. dinoeggs777

dinoeggs777 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    So is it at 11 or 12 tonight?

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #149 backtothis, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  10. V Kuolema

V Kuolema Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    Canada
    Downloading now!

And with two hours until I can pick up my ME3 CE, it'll fill up the time nicely.

11. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Buy button destroyed.

12. dinoeggs777

Jan 24, 2011
  13. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    heres my speed review of the game

wat i liked
    - the controls r nice, fluid n easy to get the hang of
    - lots of unlockable
    - nice graphics
    - good soundtrack
    - decent voice acting
    - many ways to build ur character u can focus on biotic, or weapon
    - has a good production value feel

wut i dont like
    - paragon / renegade choices make no difference to the game plot
    - the enemy ai is dumb at best
    - only a few different types of enemy
    - few environments, u're in an idustrial base for like 90% of the game
    - after one playthrough u wont even unlock 20% of the unlockable
    - plot is short n forgetable

14. dinoeggs777

Jan 24, 2011
    So the good/bad choices don't make a difference? :( That's somewhat disappointing.

Anyway, this seems pretty fun so far. although I could argue that it's a dead space clone.......
    THEM HALLWAYS. SO SIMILAR. I would have sworn I was in Dead Space again. Especially the lockdowns....... And even the plot is somewhat similar so far. Not really, other than the guy talking to you, but kinda.

15. reec0X

reec0X Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Computer Engineer
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Amazing graphics! ...running on iPhone 4S :).

16. VonWillebrand

VonWillebrand Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Europe
    To be honest I liked Shadowgun better. I mean this game is okay but nothing special. Will probably do one playthrough by the time Mass Effect 3 is out here and then delete this game.

17. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    STP gave this a 1/4, LOL. Here's the review: http://www.slidetoplay.com/story/mass-effect-infiltrator-review.

Edit: Ah, Haruhi beat me to it.

I think everyone can agree that the visuals are excellent, probably second to only the IB games. I like the controls thus far. Very easy to learn and intuitive: mix of Epoch and a traditional TPS. The movement of the character is quite clunky though. Feels weird. Right now, I'm enjoying the combat..just beat level two. As far as the storyline is concerned, I'm guessing there's not much to be expected as I play on according to impressions so far. Voice-acting is very subpar. The AI isn't very smart at all. Sad to hear that the good/bad decisions don't really influence anything. Compared to the first two levels of Dead Space, this is a huge drop in quality, but I understand they're different games. I hope the upgrade system is cool. Haven't checked that out yet. Either way, I'll definitely play through it by the end of the week. Not sure if I can replay this like I did with Dead Space. Getting ME3 tomorrow.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's 6:48 here in Lebanon and I got up to finally buy this, but after that Slide to Play review I think the best thing to do would be to wait for some more reviews to come out, as well as the inevitable TA review. Screw it... back to sleep.

19. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    #160 iNexus, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    i dont rly trust any other review sotes except TOUCHARCADE other sites like to compare ios version to their console counterparts. iOS is obviously a whole different platform then xbox/ps3 therefore the series hav to be adapted to ios's controls. SLIDETOPLAY likes to review ios versions of console games as if they r console games thenselves. The only reason dead space scored high by Slidetoplay is cuz it was basically dead space from console.

But yes ME:I does have its faults n lots of it and hopefully this isnt the finished product since they had to release it along with ME3. Heres to hoping for updates and an expansion pack to finish the story