Universal [Pulled] Mass Effect Infiltrator - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 5, 2012.

1. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    i like everything about this game except the enemy ai. ur char move so fluidly thru the game but the enemies r so rigid n static, they all stand still n in the same pose when shooting, they dont move n shoot or jump for cover after being shot, they feel like target practise dummies, they are lacking...life if u know what i mean. i know advance ai wud require more cpu power and i know not everyone has an 4s or ipad2 but maybe they cud add an option to improve enemy ai for 4s n ipad2

2. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Man! You're missing out :(

Mass Effect is one of my all time favorite series in gaming. I liked the first game a lot. It had a lot of RPG elements, whereas 2 stripped a lot of those out. I'm hoping 3, brings some of those elements back.

I really love the series though, for it's story. My partner had a completely different first run through of the second game (Mass Effect 2) than I did (we each have our own copies), while playing together in different rooms. We met different characters and had different encounters and outcomes based on our differing choices from Mass Effect 1.

I can't wait to see how the choices each of us made in 1 & 2 will effect our play through of Mass Effect 3. The way your decisions shape the gaming experience is surreal. I wonder what if Killing/saving the Rachni Queen in 1 will have impact with the Reaper invasion in Mass Effect 3? Can't wait!

As a fan (who believes the series is amazeballs) I can't wait for this side game, because I just love Mass Effect.

3. helriser

helriser Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    ++++++100

It seems like the fanboys are out in droves attacking anyone who won't blindly push the buy button!

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Just smashed the redeem code button. Oh I love you EA

5. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    AI is one of the worst I've ever seem. :/

6. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    EA shud just forget digital legends studio and make iron monkey studio their solo mobile developers

if u didnt know digital legends made battlefield aftershock and we all know what a success tht was

7. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    May pick this uP, since I upgraded to 4S today.

8. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm no fan boy. If I were, I wouldn't own multiple platforms for gaming...

I get so frustrated with gamers on iOS (no one in particular), because of the SKY HIGH expectations from bargain bin priced apps/games. While I realize crappy games are released on all platforms, and it can be quite disappointing to purchase a dud, iOS gamers expect the moon (extreme levels of polish) for such low prices.

The reality is, you aren't going to get the development resources poured into sub $20-30, $40-60 dollar games. Portable games like Resident Evil Revelations, Uncharted Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Super Mario 3D Land, Tales of the, Abyss, Rayman Origins, Kid Icarus Uprising, Persona 4 the Golden, Street Fighter X Tekken and others aren't cheap to develop. Therefore they have a higher cost of entry, in general you get what you pay for.

Looking at the big picture here, a game that seems polished enough for $7 should receive minimal complaints. It's iOS after all, not PSN or XBox Live.

[​IMG]

Not pictured: Wii, XBox 360 x 2

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    @ps

Damn, I didn't know you were such a huge fan of the 3DS, haha. Should have known after seeing your posts in the 3DS thread. Looks like you have it all in terms of modern gaming platforms, sweet. Besides the Vita, I can stack up xP.

10. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Wow, gaming fanboy.

Lol, jk.

11. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    why wud u go thru all tht trouble just to prove ur point lol but still +100 interwebs to u sir

12. drixz

drixz Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    I'm clueless as to why people would even compare this with Epoch.

In Epoch (from what I could recall) you tap on enemies and your shots would just be fired automatically on them.

In ME:Infiltrator, you tap on your enemies to TARGET your next enemy, and then you will have to AIM your crosshair on them (be it their head or body) before you could fire up shots.

That's a makes a huge difference there.

13. robertto

robertto Member

Nov 30, 2011
    downloading now, so pumped

14. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    This game have dialog options and choices to make? And lvling up?

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    You have to be glued to cover the whole time, I would say you move between cover in a similar way, you tap an enemy and pop out of cover to shoot. The biggest difference is that you aim, rather than auto-aim.

16. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    #136 dumaz1000, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
    I tried for many years to make this exact same point. Seriously, what you're saying here, I was saying it on these very same forums 2 years ago. You are wasting your time. People don't want to hear the truth. A general sense of self entitlement has slowly eroded away the overall quality of the AppStore, causing many serious gamers to jump ship to the 3DS, Vita, or both. Unrealistic expectations of the AppStore consumer base is the one thing, above all else, that continues to hold back iOS development. People want the world and they expect it for free and they do not care that their demands are completely irrational.

There are still quality games though. Not nearly as many as previously, but enough to keep me going. I only wanted to know how long the game was. I'm perfectly fine with it being an off-shoot of Mass Effect and not a full-blown Mass Effect game. And the control scheme was somewhat experimental with Dead Space for the iOS and that worked out okay.

Ha, I'm guessing i've got you beat though. Few people can match my sick video game collecting addiction. Ive got 10 3DS games, 10 Vita games, 8 DS games, over 30 PSP games, plus a 360 with games, a high-end gaming laptop with PC games, plus an iPhone and an iPad and around 500 apps (its like a 3+ year collection though). I intentionally spend less money on other things so I can buy more games. I'm not in danger of going broke or nothing. I buy my far share of bargain games. And I cut corners in other ways. I damn near live at the Dollar Store. Because I want to, not because I have to.

17. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    How's everyone liking the game so far? Enjoyable?

18. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Everything looks great except it seems like thier are small amounts of weapons. Are there going to be more? Everything else seems great

19. Saqerbeast

Saqerbeast Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    It bothers me that there are only four guns. Anyne else?

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Not really, they are vastly different in implementation and purpose. Any more and it would be getting somewhat generic.

Since when do games need 6 pistols? (a crude example, but yes)