Universal [Pulled]Leave Me Alone (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 7, 2015.

1. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I've heard two totally different opinions on the game. Some say it's buggy as hell and some say it runs fine. Maybe it all depends on the device your running on. I'll give it a run through and leave my imps in a little bit. (I'm running a little behind today. Changing up ISPs, so my internet is running really wonky. Very hit and miss this morning.)

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Thank you Noen! I always find myself liking the games you like. I look forward to your impression.

Billy

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    here's a review in English from 148 apps. By comparison they gave Deer God a pretty crappy review.

http://t.co/aKhSQluPXR

4. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    totally agreed with the review(after all the bugs has been ironed out, of course ). still have faith in your command, Josh. just remember the ship that you lead is getting bigger now, dont let it sink into the bottom of the sea under your lead. ah, again may patience is almost over on aralon 2 everytime i see your avatar on the thread, lol :p

5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    OMGosh -didn't realize it was you with the new icon!
    I wrote an apology message to Qwerty about how we truly now need a real QA team more than ever and not just testers from here and twitter - we need detailed lists and feedback reports that can get sent directly to the developer - and I'm on it.

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Why not the same icon on my devices? The above one is crazy good! Am loving this also. And it is running near perfect on my 6s+. Not so well on my older mini.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Despite my post earlier, I decided to take the plunge and give it a try (Josh seems like a good guy and always responsive).

Played the first level and had no issues. Looking forward to playing more later when work can't get in the way.

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Agreed I have had no issues and the first level alone was worth my two bucks! Love the Santa Cruz inspired artwork and also the two bad guys that look like beavis and butt head well kind of at least.
    For those that are having any issues post your device you use and that may help matters cuz I swear it runs perfect for me

9. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Ok. I have this one a go. I played the first 3 levels and didn't experience a single glitch or bug on my iPhone 6 (iOS 9.0.2). I have to say that I really like this game! Yea, it's not gonna win GOTY or anything, but the game as a whole is pretty good. It's another good "old fashioned" premium mobile game. No hidden IAPs, no social media stuff (at least that I've seen). The controls took a little getting used to, but I got the hang of them after the first level.

I'll try and leave some better impressions once I go through the rest of last night and today's crop of new games, but as for the few levels I've played so far, I'd say it's worth your 2 bucks if the screenshots or videos interest you. It's probably looking at a 3.5 to 4 out of 5 from me so far. We'll see after I finish it.

10. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I had no issues on the first level (iPhone 6+). That's as far as I got last night. I do agree that the attack and the walk/skate button are too high. It causes me to have to look for them each time I use one. Other then that (so far) I really like the game. Love the mashup of platformer and skateboarding game. You don't seem to have control over the tricks, except grinding, but he's doing them. Also, really like the blood and bones (do skeleton parts mean anything in game or just awesome death scenes?) and the upgrade system. Can't wait to play again tonight. Oh, way is the install size so large and why the different icon? The installed icon is cool but the one above is way cooler.

11. jones2929

jones2929 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Do we really need the foul language at the beginning of the game and the crap emoticon? Seriously?

12. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    yes we do!#

13. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Seriously sensitive? Lol

14. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Foul language? Are you serious? It's just words. I think you can relax. Lmao

15. jones2929

jones2929 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Yeah, I guess I'm sensitive, but that stuff is just unnecessary. These guys make great games, and I wanted to show this one to my kids, but the beginning just sort of bummed me out on it. In the end, as long as Manchester City keeps winning, I'll be OK.

16. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    For the ones on the fence concerning bugs or glitches (i had them, iphone 5s, version 8.4.1).

I did the whole procedure (re-installing, booting, starting, nothing in multitask bar) and played the first two levels flawlessly. Only fair to mention this is.

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    That's my device. So are you saying after level 2 you get them or not?

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I think it does effectively set the tone of the game. When I was 16 and skateboarding, it wasn't a family friendly situation! Not that I was necessarily bad or anything, its just teenagers have a lot going on!

19. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    haha, some just didn't noticed the icon. so, i think might re review my imps after the first update landed later. but so far, this game and dust has winning the place on my iphone for this week and i will play it during my flight on monday. thanks for the super fast respond josh, much appreciated.

20. mutantchameleon

Mar 15, 2013
    #60 mutantchameleon, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    I wanted to give my pros/cons of this game:

Pros
    -beautiful art and style
    -great level design
    -unique skateboard/combat hybrid
    -not free to play, yay!

Cons

-button sizing and positioning customization needed here

-combat could be better, sound effects when you hit enemies would be a nice touch, also fighting while off the skateboard seems weak

-Some people may have major bugs on different devices as i have read

-install size is 1.3gb?!?