Universal [Pulled]Leave Me Alone (by Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    1.3 gigs we need app thinning
    Hope it's soon

2. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Damn it. I was hoping this turned out good:(

3. David_Don_13

David_Don_13 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Software Engineer
    Ireland
    Love the game logo!

David | @DakidoMedia

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    What's the verdict here? Doesn't sound like this is living up to expectations. Was really looking forward to this.

5. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #25 Qwertz555, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Lol, i thought i'm in the wrong thread seeing this size, cause the app shows MB 288 before installed. That's a perplexing worldrecord in my six years ios download history.

Unfortunately, to complete redribbon's post #19, i even have to bring in some missing sfx sounds while fighting. No omph or impact is given - lifeless.
    Also no feedback on (almost) any button (that's my personal preference in all games). And while the controls hit-boxes are thankfully way bigger, responsive and easy to handle, the layout is in an urgent need of a customization option. The attack button is way too high on my iphone and obscuring the screen when jumping and grinding for a combo. I can make it invisible (well done!), but my finger is still there.

I can see and feel the love the Devs put in, no doubt, but the released stuff is unfinished and rushed. Very pity!
    I love the bizarre art style very much and the skate/grinding sounds are great and authentic, too, but that's not enough to hold my attention for longer atm. Put on ice, waiting for an update.

My provocative question:
    What's the publishers for with a game released as it is, really?

Edit: oh yeah i forgot, after my download i got another icon. NOT that lovely one you see on top. Pity again.

6. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Wonder if Apple made it a diff icon surely not. Also since its seems a bit unfinished maybe that's why it's on sale to start with says its 33% off at launch. I had planned on getting it the minute it came down but I fell asleep :)
    Woke up checked the forum and saw how much space and went into minor shock that it's over a gig. have been frozen since and not sure what to do. Crescent always usually updates their games if there are issues so part of me wants to go ahead and get it.

7. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Had expectations for this, but damn not very refined. As said already, glitches galore. Not to mention the icon change upon install, that bums me...

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #28 Dailon80, Oct 8, 2015
    Maybe there is a fix already submitted or being worked on. Hoping Josh will reply and fill us in. I'm reserving further judgement because it wouldn't be the first time that the version of the game we are playing wasn't the one they intended to be released etc not trying to make excuses but I have seen that happen.

9. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I hate saying it as CM seem like good guys and are very responsive, but have been burned a few times downloading a game of theirs right away, only to experience issues.

This game looks gorgeous and looks like it can be awesome, but I can't justify an immediate download until I hear some good impressions.

10. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    A good example of your point is The Deer God and like that one they usually fix it quick/

11. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Before i quoted this sentence, i made sure it ain't that way...

The brilliant Gears is still unplayable, stuck on the loading screen for two years now (after an update!) but also still in the store to buy.
    Christ, you're not a shamless developer/publisher, and yet...

More and more little things have summed up over the years, and this release was the last drop to make my barrel full.

Sorry to say, Crescent Moon, this was my last buy on day one, ever!

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Was thinking precisely the same. Hope it's sooner than later, lol, but not so soon that it remains broken.

13. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #33 Dailon80, Oct 8, 2015
    I am playing on iPhone 5s with ios9.1 public beta 4 and just finished the first stage of the schools out with not a single glitch of any kind and it's actually an awesome platformer maybe I just haven't come across the glitching parts but it's been nothing but smooth on my first play through.

Update cleared all of schools out not a single glitch and this is one of my favorite platformers in a long time and totally reminds me of NES. Love it and if I do hit some kind of glitches oh well they will hopefully get fixed but I have already got my 2$ worth off the first level.

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Yep - I'm here, and of course there is already a patch coming with some fixes. Deer God update should hit today I think. The 7-14 day approval time is really a killer...

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Sorry to hear that - the Gears problem is really unfortunate. I probably should just pull it at this point since the developer is completely unresponsive about updates. There are probably a ton of people that will still play it though and NEVER make to the last level (an my kids really enjoy that game and never make it that far) so its kind of a tough decision.

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks Josh I got it anyway and I'm enjoying it to the fullest this is an awesome platformer and I have had no issues but good to know a fix is coming also good to hear about the deer God as I'm loving that game too. Keep up the great work guys and you are no my company to go to for great platformers after this and deer god
    Agreed the 7-14 is bs dude

17. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Well believe it or not, I pushed the game's release date back several times in order to keep polishing.
    So the state that it is in now is far from when the first intended release was.

18. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I know it's off topic with that game, but there's only one and right decision to make - to pull it from the store! (Honestly, i did not know that you're not the Devs of Gears)

It's YOUR reputation in the end, right?

Thanks for a not satisfying answer concerning a fix of course, but for your quick response, Josh.

19. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I agree with you. Leave Me Alone is running very well on my 6s+. And it has a lot of character deserving more than a 1 star review. At its current state I would say it's more a 3 and 1/2 star game for me. I voted 5 for the time being bc someone else voted 1 star with no critical feedback to match their reasoning. This game needs more love.

Also I'd add that I have not had any game crashes or glitch that would discourage me from recommending it. Sure it's a big download but that's why I finally went with a 128gig. So I don't have to make room every week for new games I want to try. (At least not yet :)

I also saw one or two others giving Crescent Moon a bad rap for a couple other games that didn't hit their expectations. Well yeah that would put a sour taste is anyone's mouth about buying on launch day. But as you all know launch day is critical to this Games success. And sure players don't see it. But I know very well that Crescent Moom rejects or basically tells other indie Devs that ask for their services, that they would need to improve certain things before they mark the games with their approval on it.

Basically this is a great game. That deserves some more love. Only 2 things that can be improved and one I'm sure is in the making would be the button on the right is too high and the file size could be a little smaller for some. Otherwise I love Leave Me Alone it's filled with nostalgia and charm. Maybe not a perfect game. But surely a fun game.

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just wanted to chime in and say that I actually beta tested this and believe me when I say the finished product is nothing compared to the first beta I tried a couple of months ago. I'm not having any of the above problems on an iPhone 6, 9.0.2. Sure, the game could use a little tweak updates here and there, but for 2 dollars, it's dirt cheap. The artwork alone is worth that.