iPad [Pulled] Flight Control - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordCrom, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Bash

Bash Member

Mar 11, 2009
    The only problem I see there is the yellow plane on the left hand side. That one might be a problem. But the queue is allright, just let the top big one fly a circle, make the left big one fly south and then west and the small red one in the top left middle should fly a turn too. That scenario is pretty managable. There's plenty of room on the lower right and no helicopters in the way anywhere.

Always land the fast planes first, that's what you should do. The slower ones fly the nicest circles you can imagine. If you have that much room you can have them fly curls like crazy and deal with them once the big red ones landed.

2. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I agree with those that think the simplicity should be kept.

The only thing that'll be nice, without breaking the original formula, is to add an option (like something to be unlocked) to start with e.g. 20 aircraft landed so we can get into action faster.

3. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I agree. The simplicity of the game is what I like about it. Perhaps when your average score is 20 aircraft, then you could have the option to start with 20 aircraft? And so on.

4. tekssx

tekssx Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Not Texas... lol
    Still hooked on this game and I can't seem to get past 79!!!

Can't wait for updates btw.

5. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    +1

I'd be happy if an update simply had new airports. Probably choosing between an easy (the current one?), medium and hard airport would be wonderful!

6. donm3ga

donm3ga New Member

Mar 11, 2009
    This is my first post. I just wanted to say I absolutely love this game.

7. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Welcome to TA!! :D

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    dunno if i'll like this, not sure if i'll get it. but i'm leaning toward yes

9. hkiphone

hkiphone Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2008
    I've been playing it abit more and now think having levels is not really a good idea. The simplicity of the game is to build up a high score. It might be abit strange to have levels. If you do, then make it seamless like how Defender on the classic Atari had "levels" but to never really noticed. This would also facilitate user suggestions to have a "skip ahead" function to get straight to hardcore action.

Also agree with Bash's suggestions on the incoming warning signals. Have them coloured like the planes with directional arrows indicating angle. If you can fit in different warning sounds that would be just awesome! "Jimbo requesting landing" in a 60s VoiceOver would be a laugh! Then again, you'd probably need afew more voiceovers to prevent monotony, so just a different beep or ping could be wiser.

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I actually do want more levels. Increases the strategy, y'know? Awesome game so far :p

11. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    For anyone on the fence I suggest getting the game. Like most people I was very 'iffy' about this game only because it looked so simple and slow, but once I got it, it was very chaotic and did not dissapoint. I've been looking for a game which is very chaotic and keeps you on your toes, but is also very simple and it seems like that this game does it. Great game firemint, great game.

My highscore: 55. Nothing compared to those people who are reaching the 100's.

12. SSquared

SSquared Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Software Developer
    Pacific Northwest
    Just picked this one up and I am immediately sucked in. Started out pretty bad, but started picking up some strategies after each play. I definitely put it in the category where you tell yourself, "I'll try just once more" only to find yourself still saying that an hour later. :)

Great job! This is a shining example of game simplicity that is absolutely fun!

13. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    My highscore now is 65 raised it by ten...

14. mek

mek Well-Known Member

so i bought atc 4.0 for 1 buck just to compare

and it is hard switching between the two

flight control feels more natural, drawing a flight line

atc has more levels, more options, more maps, snow, night and all that..but it feels like a different game just because you have to click on them and click where you want them to go...

i like flight control better

15. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    My goodness this game is some kind of FUN!!! I have been playing it for a bit and wow! It may be simple but it's addictive like crack! lol!

I totally suck at landing planes, my highest total I think was 18. Pathetic I know but I will get up there!

If you don't check out this game that's only .99 then...you don't know what you are missing for real.

16. Godzilla

Godzilla Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Really enjoying the game.... fun 50's styled graphics, straightforward addictive gameplay, tons of replay value due to the random flight patternss and intuitive and rewarding GUI for plotting and changing approaches. Flight redirections are quick and responsive to save you from mid air collisions.

Would love to see:

- more airports
    - career mode
    - difficulty settings so action ramps up quicker for veteran players
    - inclusion of emergency landings (basically you get one approach you can draw and that can't change which will create a challenge to redirect a lower priority landing. This could be a plane in trouble or a medical helicopter.

17. Seamus

Seamus Member

Jan 11, 2009
    man... keep thinking I'm close to the high score but I'm no where close to 183.

Attached Files:

18. cthibault

cthibault Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Professional Magician
    MA, USA
    Same here. My high score is 117, still a long way to go.

19. CandyNJ66

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    how on earth can you manage so many planes on the screen at once? I find it hard with only 18! They crash without you even having time to react. I'm amazed. You guys are GOOD!

20. traonk

traonk Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    student
    earth
    couple of suggestion

continue last game if we had a phone call

i've been enjoying this game since i bought it yesterday
    my highscore 74 :(