iPad [Pulled] Flight Control - (by Firemint)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by LordCrom, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Seiker

Seiker Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Have to agree with most everyone here that this is a fantanstic pick-up-and-play game. It offers quick turn-around time ideal for the iPhone but enough depth that you can sit down and play for extended periods as well. I do worry though that long-term, it needs to have more airport layouts and planes, etc to keep it from getting stale. However, don't hesistate, at .99 it's an easy purchase and well worth the money...even if they never update it's worth the money...I love to see developers take a relatively simple idea like this and turn it into such a fun little game...great job Firemint...now go make more!

2. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Crap I want more locations. :cool:;)

3. boardopboy

boardopboy Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Commercial Production
    East Outer Mongolia
    #63 boardopboy, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    I've already stated how awesome this game is... I LOVE It! and after 24 plus hours of ignoring all other apps on my iPod to play this one... I would like to add my request...

More types of aircraft. Maybe a fighter jet, or a dirigible!

More airports. Set up in level fashion... land 10 on level one, 20 on level 2, 30 on 3, etc... With increasing difficulty along the way, with different landing strips. Call this the arcade mode.

And finally, the ability to play either free (or endless) mode on the airfield of your choosing (for that morning sit-down on the porcelain throne!) or the level advancement arcade mode.

All that said... and without all that... this still stands out as my favorite 99 cent app in App Store History... dethroning Top 3 Solitaire!

Firemint... yer good you, yer good!

-boardopboy

4. mek

mek Well-Known Member

#64 mek, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    i am also extremly loving this game

it gets hectic around landing 50 planes and having 10 - 15 in the air

I would love more airports

maybe a more realistic crash sound

and airport tower squawk talk when you direct a plane, like an intercom "redirect to bearing 10, alpha 9er

and if you keep an airplane in the air for too long, they get irritated

and airplane talk, like a pilot cracking a joke every now and then
    and when they get really close to each other...just tense stressful radio squawking

I am loving this game

edit: and added dificulty, and extreme replayability

the ability to turn on and off weather, like clouds, rain

survival mode: you start off with 15 - 20 planes all at once, try to land them

5. boardopboy

boardopboy Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Commercial Production
    East Outer Mongolia
    Holy crêpes! If that was added, my wife would surely divorce me!

-boardopboy

6. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    devs listen to some of guys here - a lot of great idea came out (boardopboy, mek - respect!)

7. thinkdontpray

thinkdontpray Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    some great ideas in this thread for the next update. and if the dev is listening, which im sure they are, this app would be even more popular with some extra levels, modes, planes and maybe some cheesy elevator music

8. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Survivial mode sounds like a lot of fun.
    I also like the idea of real-time weather that changes every so often.

9. tekssx

tekssx Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Not Texas... lol
    Highest Score : 79 (Trying to reach 100, lol)
    Average Score : 34
    Total Landed : 480

I must say that this game is SOOOOOO worth it! I definitely have moments where I have to put the game down, but I just can't!! At .99 cents... top 3 best games I've bought at this price, and not to mention that it's worth at least $2+ considering it only has one airport for now.

I would love to see the following..

-Extra modes : Mission, Survival (as someone mentioned)
    -Weather conditions (Clouds could possibly block your vision over aircrafts)
    -New airports schemes
    -A way to auto-save when you're in a hurry or for those with a phone call on iphone.
    -New aircrafts possibly
    -Worldwide high scores with daily, weekly, monthly and all-time scores list for each airport/mode.
    -Way to start the game on different difficulties (In case you want to start out with planes coming at a higher speed instead of waiting)

Great game and great design!
    Keep it up!!!!

tekssX

10. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    have we heard from the dev at all?

11. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
  12. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    you are amazing :D thank you

i think i must have meant about a future update, but i have that answered at this point!

13. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'll add my voice along with everyone else's. This is a nice quick pick up and play game. I have a lot of practice to do. I only managed 37 planes on my first play through!

14. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I love this game :D The frentic-ness of it is just so much fun. My highscore's pretty pathetic right now, though :p Updates can only make this game better.

15. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    Is it as fun as Airport Mania in your opinions?

16. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i tweeted the developer on twitter, but have not heard back from him,
    i dont know what region of the world he/she/they are in, so i am sure we will hear from them in 24 hours or so

17. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    They are in Melbourne, Australia - Richmond to be exact (if you are at all familar with Melbourne). It's currently 11.16am Wednesday morning here.

18. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    It's a different type of game. It's not a Time Management game like Airport Mania. There are planes and helicopters that appear at the edges of the screen. They move across the screen at different rates of speed. You have to draw a line from the aircraft to the correct landing strip/pad. The numbers of aircraft on screen at anyone time builds up. You need to land the aircraft without any collisions. One collision and time is up. That's it. That's all you are trying to do. It's fast and fun. And difficult - despite several attempts my highest score is only 37!

19. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #79 Wegmans, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
    ugh i want to go to australia so badly

my best score is 46

20. Dio

Dio Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I think I have finally found the app I have been looking for. Now when people ask "What 0.99 game should i get?" or "any hidden gems out there?", I have an answer.