iPhone [Pulled] Dead Space for iPad - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Xelaetaks

Xelaetaks Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Anyone think there will be a sale in the next week or two? I know im gonna get this game but id feel maybe a little cheated if it was on sale a day or two after. Ether way tho i am definetely getting this game. It sounds awesome.

2. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Well I use to pay $30-$40 for DS and PSP games. So $10 is nothing for this.

3. Howlingwolf

Howlingwolf Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Uk
    I would say it will be at least 6 weeks before that happens

4. Xelaetaks

Xelaetaks Member

Dec 18, 2010

Hear that. True! For top quality game 10 is nothing.

5. Xelaetaks

Xelaetaks Member

Dec 18, 2010

Word.

6. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    Wauw EA stepped up their game

...and the game is amazing on iPad. I cannot remember the last time I felt like playing a "real" console game.

While GTA Chinatown had great gameplay and Infinity Blade had looks, this has both... and lots of scary moments. :eek: :D

7. ben18

ben18 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Canada!
    I've never played a Dead Space game before, what else is there besides wandering hallways and shooting aliens that jump at you?

Not trying to be negative, just wondering. ;)

8. Eng

Eng Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    #88 Eng, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    I've never played a Dead Space game on console and don't plan on it either (not a horror fan)
    However, i got Dead Space for the iPad and well, i'm blown away, it seems to fit brilliantly on the device and it's easily one of the greatest games i've played on iPad, graphics, framerate, controls, gameplay are all top notch.
    Not much apart from wondering hallways, shooting etc, you can upgrade your guns/armour, there are some no grav zones...and the underlying narrative seems quite cool.

9. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    The story, the experience, the achievements.

10. iGotIt

iGotIt Well-Known Member

This. It'll probably be a little while.

11. Comercial9

Comercial9 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Well, I was pleasantly surprised by this game. I saw the review this morning, considered it, but I have spent too much this week. Then IGN, SlideToPlay, and Kotaku all gave it glowing reviews too. I got an iPad last Tuesday, and have since spent over $30 on apps. I guess it's not too bad compared to the price of an iPad, but it's a lot compared to my usual $15 monthly iPhone spending. Anyways, this is my second "action" iPad game, the other being Dungeon Hunter 2 HD, and I finally see why iPad games are so good, other than countless amazing casual and point and click games.

So far, this game has been amazing. Everything from the console version I loved is here. The graphics are amazing, rivaling Infinity Blade if only because of the incredible style of the atmosphere. Lighting and sound are great. Sound is really phenomenal, and it is amazing with headphones, allowing you to hear where a necromorph is coming with befo you see it.

12. deadspider187

deadspider187 Member

Jun 14, 2010
    If you just got an Ipad, check out some of the older games that are cheaper at this point, but are still great. Zen Bound 2, Plants V Zombies, Angry Birds, etc.

13. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Anybody beat it yet? How many chapters are there? I'm on 11 and I'm really hoping I'm only halfway through it.

14. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Most people said it has about 5 hours of gameplay. I'm around the same place as you, and I'm at 3 hours now.

15. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    My only suggestion for this is to give the option for rotating the Plasma Cutter by placing two fingers on the right side of the screen and rotating either clockwise or counter, along with moving the plasma saw swipe area to the bottom right corner.
    I just hate tilting my iPad and having to move my small hands to hit certain crucial controls.

Otherwise, this is fantastic! Off to play more!

16. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Downloading now.. cannot wait!

17. iGotIt

iGotIt Well-Known Member

Ah, and Cut the Rope. So good.

18. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    under options there's a selection for "Fire Mode" and you can change that to Button and it'll put a button under the weapon to switch modes.

I don't know if that's what you meant by moving your small hands though :)

I prefer the button myself

19. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Wow! Thanks! I hadn't noticed the 2nd option menu! :eek: Haha good to know. I'll check it out.

20. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    I agree. When I see a list of IAP for a paid game I just move on to another game. I remember in the olden days when developers allowed something called cheat codes for Free.