iPhone [Pulled] Dead Space for iPad - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Downloading now!

2. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Game is out US central

3. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I second this notion. Looks gorgeous with RetinaPad, and you save $3 :D

4. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Try FullForce, it's even better.

5. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Bought the iPad version, I'm not by my iPhone at the moment but does anyone know if the ipad versions even download to iPhones when they are separate apps (without the +)?

Or will it just say "it can't be downloaded to this device"

6. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Played for about 20min and really blown away by the quality of both the atmosphere and just the whole thing itself in general. This is one of those games you'll definitely want to start up to showoff to friends and family when they ask what games can the iPad/iPhone play. Having beat the first Dead Space and watched the animated film, I'm anxious to see the iOS story unfold while i wait to play Dead Space 2 on my PC. It's not often we get many sci-fi games, and a sci-fi horror at that with the market usually dominated by fantasy games. 10 bucks for a AAA iOS title is well worth every penny. I look forward to seeing more from Visceral on the iOS platform :cool:

7. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Wow!

VERY impressed with this!

I got the iPad version and it plays incredibly smoothly.
    The controls are very responsive and intuitive. I don't like the shake to change weapon orientation thing but there is a setting to change it to a button instead of the shaking.

I was a bit skeptical but it really does feel like a console game

BIG thumbs up on this one so far

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Bought the iPad version and the graphics are jaw dropping. Smooth gameplay and perfect controls as well.

I am still a little amazed this can be pulled off and for just $10.

9. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Yeah, definitely an awesome title. Why are you shaking your iPad? It's just a quick tilt to the side.

To answer someone's question earlier, the IAP are basically cheats so to speak. For instance, a boost to damage, boost to armor, power nodes in packs of 2, 10, and 20 (which you will find in the game already to upgrade with), and a credits booster (which makes enemies drop more credits than usual). So they are just there to make the game easier for you if Easy is not easy enough perhaps, like many other paid apps with IAP.

10. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    An iPad app cannot be downloaded to an iPhone. It would be nice if this game was universal, but it's not...

11. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Well, I did what they said and played with headphones and the lights out. I will admit, I jumped up startled twice on Chapter 2. Then I had to laugh at myself for it. The atmosphere of this game is superb, and the graphics/framerate are amazing. The controls are surprisingly comfortable to me; I feel more at ease with it than I do with MC2 or Aralon. I have no problems dismembering a Necro's legs so it has to crawl to me, for instance.

12. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    When I bought my iPad, I had no idea that I would be playing games like this on it. This game is truly amazing and well worth the wait and every bit of its measly $9.99 cost. As others have said, the graphics, controls, atmosphere are just unbelievable. Everything about this game is as close to perfect as you can get on the iPad. Playing in the dark with headphones on is pretty nerve wracking at times. You see the lights shut off and you hear the sound that signifies they are coming and you scramble to see where they are coming from, your heart pounds just a little harder in your chest... now this is what I'm talking about. Seriously, this is the best $9.99 I have spent on iOS stuff to date.

13. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    @Paradiso thanks for the screenshots but why is it that in fullforce it is running at 1024x768 (full resolution but at 4:3) and with smaller buttons? Does that mean the camera's cropped?

14. cozval

cozval Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Italy
    I Can't decide if buy this for iPad or or iPhone 4.... Anyone tried both version?

My iPad is not jb so i Can't use fullforce...

15. Teleeda

Teleeda Active Member

Jan 11, 2010
    San Antonio, Tx
    Get the iPad version

iPad version, I had a problem deciding too. Just took the plunge and man was it worth it. This game actually has me jumping out of my seat! LOL

16. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    #56 Bad Hanson, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    Thanks CandyKiller...some sense at last. I'll go for this version in that case. :)

17. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

That's what FullForce does with a lot of games. It only upstairs the actual game graphics, as they're rendered differently than the ui and menus. I prefer it in this game though, the ui elements are smaller, and take up even less screen space.

I haven't come across anything that looks bad while using FullForce for this game yet.

18. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    #58 DigitalB33R, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    Should I get this for my iPhone4 or iPad?

19. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Wow... This game is fantastic... But I'm not sure if I'm having fun! ;) :p
    They did a great job with it though. Scaring me to death already! One annoyance is that it seems like I never get ammo until right after I run out. But that just might be the point, right?
    Also, they should have named it Dead Space- Vandall
    Just calling it Dead Space isn't good, because it makes it sound like a port.

20. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009