iPhone [Pulled] Dead Space for iPad - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. mrkgoo

mrkgoo Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2008
    The problem with bargain-bin priced software is that if they are the only things that sell, then developers will, or mostly will, target software at that level. Only the big developers will be able to be really successful. Then again, that's not that far from the landscape for home consoles, just on a different level.

Furthermore, people have to realise that a reason apps go on sale sometimes is BECAUSE a lot of people bought it initially. It's like it has already recouped the development cost, and sales have died off, so nothing better to boost it than a sale.

So occasionally, people complain that an app has gone on sale so quickly is because they actually helped it to go on sale. Not saying that's a bad thing - that's just economics. Of course there are exceptions - sometimes things go on sale just to be noticed...

2. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Can we just ban price debates on the forums yet?

I come here because I want to hear what people have to say about the game itself. I'm sick of hearing peoples opinions about pricing!

3. Bad Hanson

Bad Hanson Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Somnambulist
    The Westcountry UK
    Agreed-I've been trying to get some info. all afternoon but am getting nowhere. I've decided to hold off buying till I get some proper impressions, let the hype die down a little first.

4. Daremo

Daremo Member

Dec 26, 2008
    This is the most intelligent post yet, and I would have to agree 100%. I don't care how many cheap bastards are on these boards, who cry over a few dollars. I want to hear about the GAME and how it plays on the iPad.

5. pkmvancouver

pkmvancouver Guest

I also agree.

6. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Yeah, no one has really given their impressions on the iPad. However, it just may be it is not in their store yet as is my case. I am going to buy it as soon as it shows up. Hopefully the iPad UI and controls are designed well.

7. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied

Can we ban people making site recommendations in the gameplay forum. At least my comments were related to the game! LOL.
    But seriously, I want to hear about the gameplay as much as you!

8. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I played the iPhone version on my iPad, and it works almost perfectly with FullForce or RetinaPad. I can only imagine that the actual HD version will be even better.

General impressions though, it's well worth the price. It's not as scary as you might want it to be, but it does have some jumping moments.

The graphics are amazing, very crisp and clear. Decent lighting effects. If I had one complaint it would be controls, I just wish they were more sensitive. They're entirely usable now, don't get me wrong, just takes some getting used to.

If your even mildly interested in this, you won't regret picking it up.

9. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Any comment on IAP?
    Is is only cosmetic stuff? And prices?

10. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Thanks for the impressions, Paradiso! I would be surprised if it really scared me. Love the horror games but only a rare few actually creep me out.

11. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Still not on US store .... Sigh

12. Paradiso

You can get the IAPs but they're not required at all. It's not a freemium game don't worry. Theres a store that uses credit you earn from killing and exploring.

And it actually is pretty creepy in parts so far. Walking into pitch darkness with only the flickering of a frayed wire to guide you :)

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Just played the iPad version for a hour and a half and it is excellent. The controls are great. For the person who was concerned about the French video at the start of this thread - the reason he can't pick up items is because he is already at full capacity. Picking up items works fine. And the twisting of the iPad is just a case of flicking it round quickly to change the beam of the weapon from horizontal to vertical. Hope this helps.

14. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    The word "duh" comes to mind

15. Paradiso

Yeah the weapon changing gesture becomes surprisingly intuitive as you play. At first I wished they had a readout for total ammo all the time, but I like it better how it is now, less clutter.

16. Fafner

Fafner Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    So are you able to earn the iap items through actually playing the game or can you only buy them?

17. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Sorry?

18. gospel9

gospel9 Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I kind of liked how the iPhone has a wider viewing angle to be honest, especially with Vandal taking up like, a lot of the screen already. Does using RetinaPad keep the same aspect ratio as the iPhone version?

19. Paradiso

#39 Paradiso, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
    Here it is with FullForce

[​IMG]

And heres RetinaPad

[​IMG]

20. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    A-"Mother F'Ing"-Men

$9.99 for a console quality like game is a bargain. Not everything is gonna be $.99 What did some of these people say before iOS games?