Universal [Pulled] Darkin - (by ten foiled hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 14, 2014.

1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    That's uninstalled. It's 206 MB installed, which is bigger than I expected but worth it. Take a look at this compared to Dungeon Raid.

2. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It appears that if you quit a dungeon run through the house symbol in the pause meny, you cannot resume at a later time. If you quit the app through the home button, however, your progress is saved.

Devs, it would probably be more intuitive if your current run is always saved, regardless of how you exit the adventure.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    There's a difference between killing the app (either deliberately or accidentally) and choosing to quit your current game.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    True that!

5. Love!

Love! Active Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Ha.
    Oh I've just checked, and it is now available at the brazilian store :D perhaps it is at the Uruguayan one..

6. AshleyTheNeko

AshleyTheNeko Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Really really tired of buying apps that crash when they try to load.

iPod 4, IOS6, doesn't get past the logo screen.

7. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Read the app description:

'Requires iPhone 4, iPod 5, iPad 2 and iPad Mini or higher'

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Man, this game is insanely addicting. I feel like I've played tons of games already and I'm up to level 4. Does anyone know what I have to get to to unlock the other clans and modes? I wish this game didn't have the cartoony vamp look to it but it's really good!

9. turakm

turakm Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Is there an easier way to see high scores beside going to the settings tab?

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Just keep playing and beating bosses. I unlocked the Nights Templar clan and Survival mode from boss drops a few minutes ago.

I love this game! I'm killing it on the leaderboards right now, too, so that's making me happy. I never do well on leaderboards!

Can't wait to try out the new clan and mode! (need a break after my last marathon game)

11. AshleyTheNeko

AshleyTheNeko Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Both the store web page and the app store page say "Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5."

I had no reason to believe that it couldn't run on my device.

12. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    It's at the bottom of the dev's app description. There is no setting for them to put that it won't work on iPod 4 in the Information section (aka on the Compatibility line), so most devs put it somewhere in the Description section. With your device, I would recommend reading through that before you purchase any app, just in case!

13. AshleyTheNeko

AshleyTheNeko Member

Jun 10, 2013
    There certainly is a setting. They can list specifically what the app will run on. Additionally they can prevent you from being able to download the app if it wont run on your device. I shouldn't be required to check a third party website when I should be able to trust the information given to me in the app store. This is a mistake by the devs, and not my fault.

14. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I guess I should have said, I don't think there is a setting. I don't actually know for sure. But, they did put it in their Description. You should be able to ask for a refund through iTunes. This is the kind of thing the refund service is for.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #135 Ayjona, May 15, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Being able to exit a game to the main menu and still save progress is a standard feature. Which is what I suggested. (I hope I don't need to clarify my understanding regarding the differences between using the home button to exit and returning to the main menu in the game, for that would be slightly degrading to both our intellects' ;) )

Killing the app only occurs with a force quit, by the way. Darkin resumes progress on both return to springboard and on force quits, but not on exit to main menu. Unusual design choice, in particular when there is no warning that progress will be lost upon a return to main menu.

16. mertcanmirza

mertcanmirza Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Now it is available in Turkish store. I am downloading it, thank you very much

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    What's the Templar like? Still haven't managed to get that one but I did get the assassin and other two modes unlocked.

18. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    The Templar has a special ability for linking more than 4 tiles together

In my experience quitting to the main menu is quitting. There is no other way around it. You quit to the main menu to go to another mode, change class, and by going so you exit the current game, thus quitting.

19. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    *linking 4 or more tiles together in a straight line

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, that's the same train of thought I have. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand what Ayjona means, but I mean...once you've paused, why would you even exit to the main menu if you didn't have every intention to kill your current game and play a new one? I'd get that if the game was of a different nature and had level select options, quick saves, reloading at checkpoints and whatnot. But...I dunno.