Universal [Pulled] Darkin - (by ten foiled hats)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 14, 2014.

1. Tastyfish

Tastyfish Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2011
    If I play on iPad and iPhone, will progress synch? I hope the answer is 'my choice'.

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Would like to know this also.

3. flyordiedays

flyordiedays Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Someone please make my day and tell me this game doesn't have the super annoying always online requirement!

4. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    #25 callmericardo, May 14, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014

5. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX

It does not require you to play online at all.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I rarely say this apart from for the obligatory Battleheart Legacy but instabuy!

Luckily I work nights so I can download and play on my lunch break right after midnight.

7. Haha, no sir! No online requirement what-so-ever. No logging into Facebook either. We wouldn't do that to ya!

We also made the decision to not include progress syncing (for similar reasons) but are open to the possibility of adding in some form of save game syncing in a future update if there's interest in that. Perhaps the Dropbox option? Any thoughts on this?

8. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    No Facebook. Ill buy for that alone

9. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I know RocketCat is currently (or planning on) implementing Dropbox into Wayward Souls. But to be honest I'm not really sure how the whole Dropbox system works in the iOS game setting.

10. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Definitely a game I've played before by another name...but the crisp HD visuals and top-notch presentation make it worth buying.

11. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Really looking forward to this. Are there audio options (mute music, keep effects)? Hope so.

12. But of course =D.

13. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    First off great game! I loved the Dungeon Raid style and having HD graphics + the whole screen is a big plus.

Some of my downside is that I'm bummed there's no actual equipment in this game. I loved picking up equipment in DR and upgrading them with different stats and abilities. Here you just go straight into stat upgrading which is disappointing. It makes it seem like there's less to find and less variation.

The other thing is that all abilities are one use which is an interesting change but I still would prefer permanent abilities. I guess it makes games a lot more random than keeping abilities.

Last issue is that it seems there lacks any customization for each clan as far as I can see. Just selecting a clan is pretty much all you can do.

Questions: How do clans level up? By using them? And clan abilities are just "one use abilities" that can only be found by playing that clan, correct?

14. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I completely forgot about equipment. Completely. Here instead of that you upgrade stats with the earnings. Its pretty cool too but I tend to forget it and never upgrade anything.

Yes, you earn abilities during gameplay, after beating bosses, and you can also get permanent upgrades too.

15. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Dungeon Raid... where.. where is it! Someone said it was here... somewhere!

Attached Files:

16. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Sooo, you guys like this one? ;)

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    You earn XP every time you make a match. XP meter in top right counts down to next level.

And no, clan abilities are passives that you earn when you level up. Each clan has 10 abilities to earn.

Those single use abilites aren't class specific, but need to be unlocked.

18. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Has anyone else unlocked the secret unicorn level?

19. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Unicorn??? Just for that, I am sold!