Universal [Pulled] BioShock (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 27, 2014.

1. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    I wish there was an easy way to down grade a device to iOS 8.3 :(

2. dasker4444

dasker4444 Well-Known Member

May 9, 2016

The worst thing is that the 2k for more that are written in forums or emails do not give news, apparently they got away with it and left us without support and is even more disappointing with the output of the iPhone 7 and 7 plus, with Just imagining how that game would look on these devices is something orgasmic. But apparently it will not be possible why the unhappy are not willing to fix the game for iOS 10 and adapt or improve it for new devices.

3. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    I thought this was a big famous game. Two sequels. Seems popular.
    Yet they didn't care much about the iOS port. It broke and stayed broken after, what was it, less than a year?
    Sad. So sad.

4. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Yup, stuff like this keeps me from taking mobile gaming too seriously (as a competitor to consoles/pc).

Stuck with a closed operating system, entirely dependent on Apple's app store (no other means of aquiring games legally). Can't fix any compatibility issues yourself, as you usually can with Windows games (though I rarely have any isuses so my experience is very limited)

iOS updates breaking old games every year, Apple obviously doesn't care about backwards compatibility.

Big developers (as we've seen with EA, gameloft, and 2K) have decided it's better just to pull the games rather than continue to put time and money into them. These sorts of premium games probably don't make much money 1-2+ year after launch, so no reason to support them from a business standpoint.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I am going to add 2K to my list with EA as to stay away from for the future
    I own every 2K game except for 2 cheap ones but I am done from here on after this
    massive letdown
    i do not want a refund I want Bioshock back on my phone... I had never played this game before
    bought it on a whim and two weeks later gone... wish I had at least bought it earlier so I got my
    money worth out of it, ironically I bought it same day I bought MHFU at least capcom fixed it

6. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    The challenge with mobile design is you're building against a moving target. The hardware may stay compatible but new versions of IOS can break very complex games in unintended ways. I know from my own experience that keeping up with all the combinations of ipads, iphones, ipods times ios 6,7,8,9,10 yields dozens of combinations. I think Apple could help developers by acknowledging that device fragmentation is here and then maybe we can figure out a way to solve the problem.

7. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Exactly it...Apple needs to address this. Hard for me to treat iOS as a serious gaming platform until they do..too many good games disappearing and losing compatibility.

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I will not stop buying premium but will stop with 2k :)

9. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Even if I love mobile, it is hard to argue with that. Gamebreaking updates is the major flaw on iOS.

10. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    #1010 slighmd, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    But what I didn't like is that they made a promise of fixing it, only to keep you high and dry, left people hanging. Never ever again 2k #. and yep, also added 2K to my "keep your distance" list, along with Gameloft, Mobirix and EA

11. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    Having to do stuff like this is the primary reason I don't upgrade to the next iOS version immediately once it's released, but until I have no choice.

TheGodless likes this.
  12. richdmoore

richdmoore Active Member

Feb 3, 2014
    #1012 richdmoore, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
    This sucks on a bunch of levels. Day 1 purchase I never finished (on iOS).

13. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    After reading the latest article on TouchArcade I emailed 2k support for a refund.. here's the response (maybe there is hope? or maybe the support people just haven't got the message yet... I've asked for clarification anyway):

14. SPAMBOT

SPAMBOT Well-Known Member

I had the exact same reply and over a conversation had with multiple customer support operatives had it suggested an update was being worked on, only to be told an update wasn't being worked on. I was then told an update may or may not be being worked on.

Has anyone had any better luck? They keep insisting there is nothing they can do about the situation. They can't find out if an update is being worked on and certainly are not able to provide any compensation.

They have now closed my ticket, apparently because they are fed up talking to me.

It's ridiculous. Anyone know where we stand legally on this?

15. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Let's just say that I expect update to come out at some point but it will be very unexpected,very,unlike with Capcom.

16. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Not my field in law, I am a patent attorney, but yeah I'm pretty confident that nothing illegal happened. So you could try but legally they owe us nothing.

17. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    They are currently bringing it back in gameclub touch arcade Eli

Truncana likes this.
  18. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Be great if they do. Got a link about this ?

19. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    No but I messaged someone on discord and she knows Eli hoddaop and she said it’s in the pipeline

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I’d be surprised if they could get the rights from 2K to do it but I’ll be happy if they do!