Universal [Pulled] BioShock (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Aug 27, 2014.

1. gaberaph

gaberaph Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2015
    The way it's going I doubt they will fix it, even if they moved the project to a new studio, the "outcry" over what happened died pretty quickly and I doubt they want to bring it up again

2. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    What a shame

3. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    I contacted support again.

None the wiser, I which they would communicate a bit clearer. Either they are working on a fix or this game is lost.

Terrible publisher

4. skylerolson

skylerolson Active Member

May 21, 2009
    I chatted with Apple to see if I could get a refund and they said no because the purchase was a long time ago. Is there any trick to getting my money back here or am I out of luck?

5. dalglir

dalglir Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Scotland
    Lol jk

In 2 days, we'll have our own Bioshock iOS "anniversary edition". Check out out the screenies attached!

FEATURES:
    - Nothing changed!
    - Crash to homescreen on start!
    - Broken promises from 2K for a WHOLE YEAR!
    - Over 1Gb of completely useless code, exclusively available to iOS users via their P urchase history (when 2K hasn't removed it from that, too)
    - The faint tinkling sound of 2K counting your money!

In 2 days, it will be the ONE YEAR anniversary of 2K's Bioshock iOS being completely broken within a year of release. In July '15, they said they were fixing for 8.4. In September '15 they were fixing for iOS 9. In November '15, they shut the dev studio responsible for the port (2K Games China). In January '16 they said they were just fixing it.

Since then, not a bean.

Not a single news update for the last 6 months.

Not a single patch for a year.

Shame on you, 2K.

Attached Files:

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
  7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    More salt to the wound. Fun.

8. retrogamer/

retrogamer/ New Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bioshock iOS 9 update?

Emailed 2K games about the iOS 9 update that was promised over 6 months ago. This is the response I received from 2K, "Thank you for contacting 2K Support! I'm a huge fan of the original Bioshock, and I definitely understand how an issue like this could be a cause for concern.

We are currently working on the Bioshock mobile application." Maybe this is just wishful thinking or maybe there is still hope...time will tell.

9. dunhila

dunhila Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    I think it is about time we give up on a fix for the game,they aren't working on it otherwise they would have updated us over the last six months.

10. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    They'll fix it some day,that's for sure but that's probably gonna be super surprising.

11. gaberaph

Feb 20, 2015
    I dunno if we'll get it at this rate. Sure they keep saying they're working on it, and I'm sure that's true in some capacity, but it's definitely not a priority.

That being said since MHF was fixed by capcom I'm kinda hoping that with the bioshock collection release in September, they may surprise us with an iOS 10 compatible version...maybe...hopefully...PLEASEEEEE

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    That would be my guess. Maybe they even release 2 on iOS as well. Or the whole collection as IAP somehow. Ah, dreams.

13. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    I am not sure current devices can handle BioShock 2 without a graphical downgrade and maybe even smaller app size resulting in less content than the original game had.

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Which is what they did with this first one, isn't it?

15. gaberaph

Feb 20, 2015
    That's true, but given how 'smoothly' the first game fared on iOS, it doesn't give me much hope that they'll release 2 as well, I think we can count ourselves lucky if we get the first back!

That being said maybe in the future with a beefed up iPad Pro?

16. cakewalker

cakewalker Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Bioshock 2? Let's get 1 fixed first please :D

17. dunhila

May 6, 2016
    Man,I am hoping they actually do fix it at some point.It's been a real long time since it got pulled and there is zero news on the matter which is the bad part.2K support have no idea when the game will be back so I think it all points to the fact it most likely won't be fixed.

18. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Every time I see this thread pop up to the front, my spirits lift in hopes someone is posting that the game will get fixed. Then I go to the end of this thread to only be disappointed.