Universal Pull My Tongue (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 3, 2016.

1. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    :D
    Good to see you're on it!

Weird, somebody has 180000 points on W4? Hackers usually pick the first world for visibility

2. Barbarossa

Barbarossa New Member

Feb 9, 2016
    The game looks fantastic. Why it says it has a 3.5 rating here? I think it deserves 5. Is it its rating on the App Store?

3. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    saosijs: 180 000 is probably possible. If the 4th level on world 4 can be completed in under 1 sec. Game Center leaderboards is totally whacked right now :p

Barbossa: Yeah I think so, I got some 1 star reviews because of lag issues on iPad3/4, iPhone 5 and Touch 5. Latest update fixes it though so I hope the rank go up :)

4. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Impossible. Not even on W1L1 is 10000 points possible.

5. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    #85 Zilk, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    You are right, tried it and there isn't a way that can be done. Must be a cheater, I'll get that sorted out when 1.1 hits and Game Center leaderboards are back to order :)

6. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Great, thanks!

By the way, is the medal on 3-11 possible (iPad mini2)? I'm probably blind to the solution but you never know. Just Y/N please ;)

7. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Yeah, all medals are possible :) I remember feeling clever when I added the medal for that one ;)

8. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Awesome, nice one, got it!

9. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Thanks for the clarification. Will probably get it. I will be glad to not constantly be bothered to buy hints... I am old school and don't buy hints, I either solve it, or move on to something else...

10. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    pluto6: For the 1.1 update I'm working on the hints nag are toned down, sorry about that :)

11. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Hiya. Question for the dev. or any other players, really.
    So I was all set to buy this game, but I thought I'd come by here and check the forums first.
    After having read through all the previous pages, there seems to be a lot of focus on completing the levels as fast as you can, primarily for pole position on the leaderboards. But there was mention of earning medals too?
    Now personally speaking, I'm not a fan of puzzle games where speed is required. I'm quite happy to spend an hour on a level if needs be, and I have no interest in competing on the leaderboards.
    So my question is this: is it a requirement to progress through the game that levels need to completed within a certain time limit? Or can I take my own sweet time on each level, and so long as each level is completed, regardless of time, then can I proceed to the next level?
    Thanks.

12. There are bonus levels and you can only access those by collecting a certain number of medals. The medals are given for completing a specific goal in each level. They vary between things like getting only one star, getting two stars in under 10 seconds, moving only one slider... Stuff like that. There are also ones where you need to reach a specific score (which requires speed). There was one that took me like 20-30 tries to reach a score of 9000 bc I kept losing the tongue when I tried to pick up the speed. I'm still only in the second world (been playing other games) so I'm not sure how bad it gets. But to unlock the regular levels, I believe you only need to worry about collecting stars. The bonus levels have stars, too, so I'm not sure if that ever becomes a problem if you decide to skip them.

13. farley

farley Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thanks for the reply. That's an unfortunate scenario though. I'm not a fan. :(

14. I think some tweaks are coming in an update that make the scoring/speed more fair. I agree, though -- I prefer to have the speed only affect the leaderboards and nothing else.

15. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    It's not so bad. The normal levels can be played just by solving the previous level (even 0 stars is already enough). To unlock a few bonus levels (*), you need to earn medals by accomplishing secondary goals, which most of the time have nothing to do with fast play, but in some cases they do. Even then, it is not that hard imo. If you try to go superfast, yes, the tongue starts to lag a little bit behind, but then just pull a little bit slower (deliberately) and you'll still be fast enough to reach the secondary goal.

(*) not sure anymore, but maybe too to advance to a next world

16. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    farley: The game wasn't designed to be fast so it's just a few medals that require speed to complete them. You can complete all the regular levels at whatever pace you want though. And as saosijs said the medal ones that require speed are still designed not to stress but just to know the solution beforehand. In 1.1 it will be even more forgiving as well as the time will only start counting after the first interaction.

Give it a try, I promise you won't feel stressed out about the time unless you are chasing highscores or trying to collect everything in the game :)

17. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    So, I have to say that I HATE timers. That being said, at least throygh World 2, after just a couple tries I was able to beat the score and 3 star the level, and i am an old guy. I dont particularly like it, but, it did not stop / prevent/ or even slow me down. So, I have to be objective, the timing requirements are not helpful IMHO. But, they dont stop ones abilitites to 3 star the levels. So far, the medals are pretty generous with time.

I was pretty skeptikal of this offering (even with a low price), but in the end, I have had fun, continue to play it, and dont have a lot of criticism other than the timers and the constant hints offerings.

Objectively I would rate this 4 to 41/2 stars. Actuallyy a pretty fun and clever game. Puzzles so far are not too tricky. Certainly fir the price its an easy recommended. I think you will quickly get past the annoyances.

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Trying to get the medal on 2-11? Please help, or PM me with some help?

19. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Hint: you have to use both sliders

20. I should have probably mentioned that I was playing on iPad when the timer was causing me trouble. It's definitely easier to get it on an iPhone because of the shorter distance.