Universal Pull My Tongue (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 3, 2016.

1. While you're at it, I would love if the clock reset every time you re-pulled his tongue. Currently, the clock only resets when you press the Reload button, even thought it's essentially the same thing, because if you fail, you're back to starting from scratch. But if you keep retrying without pressing Reload each time, it's all included in your timing. It just seems like the whole timed aspect needs to be recalculated to make more sense for the way the game is built.

And please, for the love of god let me shut off the "tips" telling me to use a hint every five seconds.

2. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    But is it the same thing? Say you have a level where you have a bunch of sliders, gums, balloons or whatever. And you set everything the way is meant to be, then you reset the tongue and get a higher score than you should get since you already have the setup ready and can just pull to the popcorn. Would feel like a bug.

Hah, yeah. I'll make it only ask once per level instead of every third restart. Sorry about that, didn't actually expect people to be hunting highscores in the game :D

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Getting the highest score in world one is just the most fun imo.

4. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    #64 Zilk, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Too bad I broke the leaderboards :( :D But now you guys have some time to study each level ;)

Also when the leaderboards are reset with 1.1 you only need to complete one level per world and your correct scores will be posted again. So you don't need to replay every level again. Meaning you can still try to increase your scores and everything will be posted up when 1.1 hits

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Gonna play the game again, just want to see where I am at with the correct leaderboard.

6. Ah good point. I was thinking primarily of the ones without the sliders, where nothing changes between each attempt.
    So maybe that shouldn't change, but at least the timer should start when we start pulling the tongue. I mean, currently it starts before the banners half-covering the screen even clear. :/

7. I managed to tie with first place by getting 942 on level 1. Every attempt after that was lower, so I stopped trying to beat it. I think that's the fastest that's humanly possible.

8. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Absolutely you are right, you should be able to think and grab the tongue whenever you want and not try to time it perfectly for when he spits it out. On the to-do for 1.1 :) I'll make it start counting on first interaction with slider, balloon, or tongue.

9. Thanks! Sounds good.

10. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Game Center hacker threat neutralized. For now :)

Also Apple is aware of the update that should fix performance on the iPad 3. Hopefully they will push the update through quick!

Love seeing all the chatter on here. Working hard with David to make the game as great as we can!

11. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    I have fixed the "start-score-timer-on-interaction" thing tonight so that is ready for 1.1 :) No rest for the wicked :D

Other things that are in for 1.1:
    * Show when you reach a new highscore in the end screen
    * Total overall score leaderboard
    * That pesky leaderboard bug

The to-do list includes:
    * Show highscore for each level
    * iCloud support
    * Other tweaks and fixes :)

I can't promise that to-do list but it's what I'm aiming for :)

12. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Zilik huuuge congratulations for finishing your game :) I was following your game progress and the final effect is fantastic :) Wish you a lot of downloads!

13. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Behaviour of GC for W3, W4 and W5 is different than for W1 and W2. These three seem to submit only the first time you play L1. Be aware, Zilk ;)

14. Was curious how people beat my score on level 1, so I switched to my iPhone and got 9974. Sadly, GameCenter is broken on there so my score won't upload. But it just highlights how silly this speed score is. It's a shorter distance on a smaller screen, so it's possible to get higher scores than on an iPad.

15. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Wow that makes sense now. That should be something to hard to fix though just a little math depending on screen res. Very nice catch.

16. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    That is indeed true, the calculations are all the same and resolution independent but physically for the player there will be more distance to cover on the iPad than on the iPhones.

Switching to tongue length won't be optimal either since the length will always differ a little because of floating value incorrections and also depending on how the tongue points are built up. I could of course compensate depending on device size but I don't think that will be so exact either... Tricky problem

I'm guessing that tight levels might be easier to achieve higher scores on iPads though since you have more playroom to pass spikes etc.

17. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    How it works in 1.0.1 (with the bug):
    On W1 the Level 1 score is used for all levels
    On W2 the Level 2 score is used for all levels
    On W3 the Level 3 score is used for all levels
    On W4 the Level 4 score is used for all levels
    On W5 the Level 5 score is used for all levels

All coders out there can probably figure out what I did wrong ;)

18. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Update

Wanted to let everyone know that a fix for some of the slow down for a couple devices is now rolling out on the Appstore. Hope that makes things a little smoother for you!

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    IAP question -

I was just about to buy, but unsure if the game has "staying power" as I liked Cut The Rope for about an hour, then got bored?

So, I figured its just a buck, and the developers are involved and interested, which I love to support in the highly competitive app store world.

Then I see IAP and check it out, and there are all these IAP to unlock other worlds - so does the initial game World 1 cost $0.99 and then one has to purchase either seperate worlds at $1.99 or the whole thing for an additional $4.99, or is the IAP do is unlock things early? If that is the case, what percentage of each world needs to be completed prior yo the next world opening up?

Sorry if this is a repeat. I read through most of the thread, and have been following, and dont recall any IAP explanations. Thanks.

20. You can earn up to 3 stars for each level. The first world has 15 levels + 3 bonus levels you earn from medals. 30 stars to unlock the second world. Then 80, 130, 175. Otherwise, you unlock one level at a time. You have to at least get the popcorn in order to move on to the next level in that world. The IAPs unlock the levels without having to earn the stars.
    Not my favorite method, as I'm a big fan of having all levels unlocked from the beginning. But I haven't hit a permanent roadblock yet that prevented me from moving on, so can't comment on that. Only on the second world.

Edit: There are also hints you can buy, which the game tries to get you to do constantly. But they said they'll make that pop up less frequently in an update.