Universal Pull My Tongue (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Ryan_Noodle

Ryan_Noodle Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 29, 2013
    Biz guy at Noodlecake Studios
    Saskatoon
    Update

Just did a quick update that should fix that bug you guys had with it not loading, as well some optimizations for iPad 4th gen.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

2. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    AppAdvice just wrote an review of the game with 4.5 rating

[​IMG]

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Pull my Tongue is featured in the App store of the Netherlands, congrats and good luck.

4. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    After updating, there's a black square in the splash screen

5. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    What just happened?? I saw us on positions 12 and 13 on the leaderboard (you a few points ahead of me) with players ahead of us several thousands(!) of points. Then I played level 1 again to see if the graphics improvements had made the game faster. It didn't seem the case, BUT then looking at GC again, I suddenly have advanced 4000 points! I only played level 1 again for 9908 points so it isn't that. :confused:

6. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Also, the game feels slower than before the update. I cannot get the same scores as before.

Still a good game of course!

7. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Yeah saw that too, some players had 2000 points more than me, but that is imo impossible, I thought I nearly squeezed every point out of the first world, maybe 100 or 200 points more where possible but not 2000, no way, so I deleted the game because I had finished it and I was a bit dissapointed with the scores of those people what seems to be nearly impossible, wish I hadn't deleted it Ha ha, I am always to quick on deleting, but that's my fault.

8. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Saosijs you have a score now of 178.632, and the maximum score for world one is 180.000, that's 18 levels times 10.000 points, so you have to score each level over 9900 points and that is impossible or am I missing something, very strange, hope that zilk can clear this.

9. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    The update didn't change anything relaterad to the scores, just that startup issue you guys had and an optimization for iPad 4.

9900 points on the first world should be possible, you have quick fingers :) A tip is to start pulling the tongue as soon as it leaves Gregs mouth when he jump in, don't wait for the banner to hide :)

10. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Exactly, a 9924 average level score is impossible! Let alone 9941 which is current no.1 average.

Can you please double check? I had a ~9900 score on level 1 before the update and by only replaying this single level made me advance more than 4000 points on the leaderboard? :confused: This was the first level I played after the upgrade, so it might not have necessarily to do with level 1.

The "slower feel", I think is not real; it is just me not remembering my scores and the game doesn't show the best score (yet ;)).

11. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Saosijs: I'm gonna do a check just to see :) I will consider adding a leaderboard that shows the score on each level somewhere for the next update, might just be as you say that it's actually hard to remember your best score.

12. ROGER-NL

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    My best time on level one was 9925 just to let you know.

And this is the fastest level, so other levels can't be faster, that's impossible.

13. saosijs

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Thanks, Zilk! This weekend I'll play some more (first world) to maybe find something out of the ordinary.

In my experience, it is better to keep leaderboards per world (and as Roger suggested, also add a Game Total leaderboard) and not have leaderboards per individual level, which simply is too much detail (and Apple enforces a limit on the number of leaderboards I think). Showing individual best score in the level (in a corner) and/or when finishing a level is mandatory imho: to see how far off I was or how much better I did this time :)

14. gingerbeardman

gingerbeardman Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Male
    Former Apple Technology Evangelist
    #TeamGB
    A bit late to the game here, things are a bit crazy right now.

But this is an insanely great achievement from the developer! Congrats.

Really enjoyed the Dev thread, too!

Can't wait to dig deeper. Just finished world 1.

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Just left a short positive review on the US AppStore the game is fun and I'm a fan of Noodlecake. Can't stand when idiots leave 1 to 2 star reviews a day after a release because of device, iOS or other limitations/issues.

16. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    It's annoying but happens to everyone. The game is great it's reviews will improve. I left a good one earlier today too. Going to have my roommates leave one too. I wanna see this #1 on the paid charts. This game is great for iOS gaming need more like it.

17. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Thanks a lot guys! Yeah I'm getting a lot of 1 star reviews because of a freeze issue I have on level 1 on iPad 3 and possibly iPod Touch gen 5, as well as a crash issue if you hold your device in landscape on start and isn't logged into Game Center (crazy bug yeah I know) :(

I have a update being sent to review that fixes those issues though. Thanks a lot for the positive reviews!

18. Zilk

Zilk Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 27, 2015
    Also, combined total leaderboard as well as New Highscore label will be in 1.1 :)

19. #39 AppUnwrapper, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    I'm #9 on the World 1 leaderboard and I only played the first level....?

Also, kind of annoying that trying to beat my score on that first level, if I pulled too fast, it wouldn't even reach the second star.

Edit: Seems to be because I keep touching the edges of my iPad? Kind of wish there was more room around the puzzles to avoid that.

Getting super frustrated.

20. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Does the game support iCloud?