Puff Puff --September Mega Madness-- The BIGGEST DAILY iTunes Gift Card CONTEST Ever!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by 6thmega, Sep 3, 2010.

1. 6thmega

6thmega Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2010
    #1 6thmega, Sep 3, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
    ***ALERT***

Unfortunately due to poor download numbers reported for the last week and month development on this title has been suspended :(

We regret that we must also cancel the contest. This is very unfortunate as we were having a very good time and it seemed to have resonate with the community.

The submission period is now over.

All prizes for Sept 4, Sept 5, and Sept 6 will be announced and delivered within the next 48 hours.

No further prizes will be delivered.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks!

The team @ 6th Mega

How to play

1. Play Puff Puff (available on iTunes App Store), OR watch the v 1.0 trailer, OR feast your eyes on the Puff Puff webpage - do SOMETHING to get acquainted with the game!
    2. Submit your creative idea, see YOUR GOAL.
    3. Tweet that you are entering the contest, see MY TWEET.
    4. Pray we chose your idea!!

CONTEST DESCRIPTION

Puff Puff -- September Mega Madness is an invitation for you to join the fun process of brainstorming the next big update to Puff Puff. For those of you who skipped #1 above, Puff Puff is an arcade game where you control a spiny puffer fish through underwater worlds, avoiding dangers and enemies. We started with a coral reef where you avoid tiger sharks and just launched Gulf Spill, the jaw dropping underwater world of deep sea drilling where you come face to face with oil globs, broken pipes, and Robo Subs.

Now we want to add a hidden board, where players get gobbled up by a whale leaving you to navigate out of his belly and dealing with all the things trapped in there.

YOUR GOAL

Each day you want to enter, submit creative ideas, images, sketches, photos, whatever form you want to use to express your creative idea of what you think should be trapped inside of the whale's belly that the player has to contend with! Each day will be a different theme. We are going to decide on the winner each day based simply on what seems the coolest. Each day will conclude at 6pm PST. Winners will be announced within 24 hours after the end of that day. Prizes will be delivered within 48 hours of the end of that day.

VOTING & JUDGES

There isn't going to be any voting but we'll be part of the conversation and definitely take into mind the thoughts of the community.

We also can't promise we'll use any of ideas or actual images BUT we are looking to collaborate with you and HAVE A LOT OF FUN creating this next level and will very very very very very likely use the results of this contest to inform our product design.

PRIZES

Each day we'll give out $10.00 iTunes gift card to the winner. (or PayPal if we can't give iTunes GC outside U.S.) for the duration of the contest (rest of September, 2010).

If game sales increase (for whatever reason) and we have more budget we'll start adding on to the contest. So check back often to see prize amounts for that day.

MY TWEET

After you've posted your outrageously creative idea to the thread, simply copy/paste the below to your Twitter (just once for each day you enter)

Code:
    @6thmega just entered Puff Puff September Mega Madness http://bit.ly/db8bus, love this game http://bit.ly/aHburISeptMad

SCHEDULE & WINNERS!

Day- Prize - Theme

• Sept 4 - $10 iTunes GC - Furniture (ex: bar stool, tables)
      Winner: Rachel w/Double Headed Cow Sofa!
      [​IMG]
    • Sept 5 - $10 iTunes GC - Cultural Pop Iconography (ex: Michael Jackson's glove, Light Saber)
      Winer: Stan w/ Obama-ized HOPE posters
      [​IMG]
    • Sept 6 - $10 iTunes GC - Weapons (ex: mace, sword)
      Winner: starmonkey101 w/Vending Machines: Big, scary, and cause (on average) 2.18 deaths per year!
      [​IMG]
    • Sept 7 - $10 iTunes GC - Animals from Africa (ex: giraffe, zebra)
    • Sept 8 - $10 iTunes GC - iPhone Game Character Distortions (ex: zombie trees, cousin of Angry Bird)
    • Sept 9 - $10 iTunes GC - Sports Equipment (ex: football, hockey stick)
    • Sept 10 - $10 iTunes GC - Shipwreck (ex: King's loot, chandelier)
    • Sept 11 - $10 iTunes GC - Electronics (ex: flatscreen TV, mobile phone)
    • Sept 12 - $10 iTunes GC - Fantasy Characters (ex: Troll, Monster)
    • Sept 13 - $10 iTunes GC - Dangerous deep sea creatures (fiction or non-fiction!)
    • Sept 14 - $10 iTunes GC - Forget the whale's belly, think of a whole new environment: sunken city (ex: legendary Atlantis, magical underwater castle)
    • Sept 15 - TBD
    • Sept 16 - TBD
    • Sept 17 - TBD
    • Sept 18 - TBD
    • Sept 19 - TBD
    • Sept 20 - TBD
    • Sept 21 - TBD
    • Sept 22 - TBD
    • Sept 23 - TBD
    • Sept 24 - TBD
    • Sept 25 - TBD
    • Sept 26 - TBD
    • Sept 27 - TBD
    • Sept 28 - TBD
    • Sept 29 - TBD
    • Sept 30 - TBD

(((yes, a triple parenthetical! if you have any idea for the theme of the day just let us know!)))

Ready to get started? Get the game.

2. hasio_john

hasio_john Well-Known Member

WOW ... amazing contest!!!:D

3. Rblacula

Rblacula Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    A pineapple lantern with an erie green light!
    O, and rspencer2

4. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    [​IMG]

Going to tweet! :)

5. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ok I tweeted. My idea is to have a pool table inside the whales stomach and you can have a couple of puff puff fish playing pool or you can make the puff puff fish be the pool balls and the player can touch one and it'll bounce around and go Into all the pockets.

6. Maybe I'm missing something here, but doesn't the contest start on 9/4? Today is 9/3, assuming that the developer is in the US.

7. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    #7 Stan, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
    Racecar bed! I always wanted those when I was little :)

TV, playing either some TV show parody or a 'commercial' of your others apps, or even Puff Puff. (this might not be counted as 'furniture' though, maybe 'technology'

Pictures of devs hard at work, snapshots of the main character, can give slight back story to the game.

Drawers with little creatures living inside of them

Treasure chest, which opens and closes

Snowglobe! (Hawaii, Caribbean, etc.)

Toilets! xD
    @TarcadeStan (just made it, will change name later :p)

8. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    I have a good idea!

There is a little aquarium that floats around. It opens and closes, If you get caught in it, CONSEQUENCES HAPPEN! Like lose a life or lose time? :)

and I retweeted!

Attached Files:

9. 6thmega

Apr 13, 2010
    ha ha ha :) do you have an example of that? reference URL or something?

10. 6thmega

Apr 13, 2010
    so the aquarium, would it float inside of the whale belly? kinda funny like you're a fish in an ocean trapped in a whale belly getting trapped in a fish aquarium..

11. 6thmega

Apr 13, 2010
    Kinda love the idea of drawers with little creatures living inside of them, are you thinking it is drawers that have been underwater for sometime and so stuff is growing on them, festering, attracting little creatures... what kind of creatures???

12. 6thmega

Apr 13, 2010
    Awesome glad you like it :) Always thought it would be fun to build a game with the community of players :) Imagine we could build the whole game this way, brainstorming ideas, picking the most exciting, developing them, launching them into the wild, and so on... then eventually we could add level builders so that players could create the actual arrangement and behavior of objects/enemies in the game and the best level makers would have their levels featured and so on..

13. 6thmega

Apr 13, 2010
    a business filing cabinet? come on you got better ideas than that songbird:D!

14. 6thmega

Apr 13, 2010

Toilet not a bad idea, we could bring in the famous Dada artist Marcel Duchamp's toilet (but not sure if everyone knows their art history and would 'get it'...)

[​IMG]

15. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    LOL! and in the aquarium could be little mini aquariums that can attack the fish! ;)

16. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Well, I guess it depends how cartoonish or casual the level is going to be. If it was more cartoony, I think it'd be cute if a whole family of little hermit crabs, starfish, sea anenomies (sp?), nemos (clown fish), anything really; just has to fit in. If you want it to be more realistic, cause it's in a whale's stomach, maybe something like shrimp or squid. The tiny ones. Either way, I think it'd be cute. :D I would imagine them popping their heads up every once in a while, wondering what that pufferfish is doing.

17. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    Oh, I've seen this before. It's quite interesting, wasn't this kind of a poke at art during that time period? Like a joke or a prank? I think it'd be funny if there's a random toilet floating in a whale's stomach. :D

18. WizMan

WizMan Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #18 WizMan, Sep 4, 2010
    How about having reefballs in the whale stomach? Between the holes, lies deep-sea anglerfish and seas snakes which will attack Puff Puff, thus players need to navigate Puff Puff out of the dangers. I just tweet as well.

New Theme for your contest - Reefs with dangerous deep sea creatures.

Reef Balls
    [​IMG]

Sea Snakes
    [​IMG]

Deep-sea anglerfish
    [​IMG]

19. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    #19 Rachel, Sep 4, 2010
    This cow sofa should definitely be included :p
    [​IMG]

Or this bed...trapped inside a trap in a stomach?
    [​IMG]

Tweeting, @iLykeApps

20. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    USA
    The deep-sea anglerfish is already on the to-do list, according to the 'teasers' video under it's website. As well as crazy squids and saws. :eek: I like the reef-ball thing; it looks awesome!