Universal PUBG Mobile (by Tecent Mobile International Limited)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Techzamazing, Mar 17, 2018.

1. Akaki

Akaki Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Community Moderator 2K, Community Support EA.
    Michigan, United States

They'll be releasing Miramar early next month. It's already out in China.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Nope, would probably cause balancing issues in a game like this.

Too much of an advantage if you have one I’d say.

Thanks for the friend request Meta, it was I. I’m clueless about the social aspects tho. :)

This game is very moreish, getting through the daily missions is a bit of an obsession.

Continues to be fun though if I can avoid landing in amongst a group, I prefer to start in the wilderness and work up. Especially true in the new (and fun) Arcade mode.

Top tip ... barefoot makes the least noise? I read it somewhere anyway.

3. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    #83 MetaGonzo, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Been playing a bit of the Chinese 0.6 and wowsers; to say I’m looking forward to the global release (which I assume is 2 updates away) is an understatement.

The bad news is of course the latency. I’m getting a ping of 250ms from the U.K. Leading a moving target is obviously hit and (more usually) miss but it’s generally playable. That said I’m still surrounded by bots at the moment so we’ll see how it pans out.

With regards to the translation, if you’ve played a bit of PUBG in your native language then the gameplay itself is just the same. As long as you know your ammo and items then you’re golden. I used MS translator on some menu screenshots and had it setup to my liking and had learnt what to click to get my preferred game going after about 10 mins of faffing about.
    You’ll also need a WeChat (or QQ but that seems less straightforward) account which can be set up in English via the WeChat app. Once it’s on your device, PUBG adds a green WeChat option to the login screen.

The rest of the news is unquestionably good. The first thing that strikes is the graphical upgrade; it looks great and still runs nice and smoothly on my 6S+ on whatever it’s recommended settings are. Needs further fiddling perhaps but it’s a substantial upgrade.

The new map! Miramar seems fantastic on first impressions. Lots of sniper friendly open spaces and high ground but some larger urban areas too. My main motivation for getting this version working was a head start on learning Miramar and I’m looking forward to it.

The other major addition is the 3rd pistol only weapon slot. Pistol only apart from the new sawn off double barrelled shotgun that is!
    Other weapon additions are the Winchester repeater rifle that loads with .45 and the new revolver that holds the same.

Vehicle additions seem to be a American style pickup (which I find a handful when pressing on) and a VW camper of all things!

All in all it’s just great; I just can’t wait to play at the 20ms I’m currently spoilt by!

Edit: Oops! First person view; works exactly as expected. FPP only mode needs to be unlocked I think but I look forward to playing it when I do.
    In the meantime I’ll stick with TPP view as you’re at a disadvantage if you don’t if it’s an option.

I’ve also grabbed the Timi version to try out. Does anyone know what the differences are supposed to be?

4. Akaki

Akaki Member

Apr 2, 2017
    Community Moderator 2K, Community Support EA.
    Michigan, United States

Barefoot just makes different noise compared when you got the shoes on.

No difference with more or less noise however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    0.5 is out. The new map, Miramar, weapons and vehicles amongst other bits and bobs.

6. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    And Game Center profile login BUT you have to start over from scratch.

No thanks.

I stay Guest forever, and screw them and their partnership with Facebook for the lunch of the game

7. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I do believe there’s an option in the settings to link your guest account to gamecenter.

8. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
  9. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Obviously I can’t delete the Game Center new profile it created by mistake. So I can’t link guest with GC. Damn

10. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    Yes. On further investigation you needed to go to the options in your guest setting and link it before clicking on the Game Centre log in.

Pretty bad failure on Tencents part there. You’re certainly not the only person to fall foul of this poor design; hopefully there’ll be a resolution down the line.

11. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Exactly. Thankyou for your investigation, buddy.

12. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    There’s been a bit of noise about it on reddit and Tencent have someone active on the sub. Fingers crossed.

13. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    I know we’re still waiting for global 0.6 but Chinese 0.7.1 is coming today on Android and when Apple say so on iOS.

Big news is War Mode: 50v50 TDM with time limit and respawns. Sounds like a very different kettle of fish altogether; very much looking forward to that.

There’s a new marksman rifle, SLR. which fires 7.62

New 3x and 6x scopes (6 zooms between 3 and 6)

2 small sounding but pretty significant changes: no more installing the 8x on ARs and AR attachments will now work on sniper rifles.

All buttons will now be customisable, including how far forward you have to drag to sprint. (Great!)

Arcade on Miramar.

Lots of other bits and bobs; I shall report back on it when Apple give it the thumbs up.

14. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    It’s out for iOS. They must have held back Android to avoid splitting up regular squads again.

My connection on holiday is only slightly better than carrier pigeon but I’m slowly downloading as we speak. Got holidaying to do anyway... at least until everyone’s asleep!

15. MetaGonzo

May 7, 2009
    War Mode is actually 20 player DM in a small area with respawning. Disappointed is an understatement; I was so looking forward to large-scale TDM but that’s not what we’ve got.

The new rifle’s nice. SMGs are a bit better, ARs a bit worse.

Bit meh really.

Edit: War mode is only available at certain times of the day and your device time must match the server time (China, obvs).
    18:00-01:00 weekdays
    12:00-01:00 weekends