PS3 for $250 (not spam)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by BATTLE BORN, Nov 26, 2008.

1. BATTLE BORN

BATTLE BORN Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/gateway/?offerlink=sr150nowps3

Sony is offering $150 towards the PS3 if you buy it with their new credit card. if any of you own a PS3, can you tell me what you think about the system? I've got a 360 and Wii. the wii rarely gets played, but I play my 360 all the time.

2. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Couldn't you just have named the thread something else to make it not look like spam... or better yet post it in a PS3 forum?

3. BATTLE BORN

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    #3 BATTLE BORN, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
    because I respect people's opinions here. and no matter what you do there will be some kid whining for the sake of whining. (which is why this is the only forum I can tolerate, since everyone's usually pretty mature.)

anybody care to comment about the PS3?

4. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    #4 CBraun53, Nov 26, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2008
    I've got a PS3 and I love it. It's worth it alone just for the bluray player. Although you could get a good Blu ray player for $250, the PS3 is the top of the line for blu ray players. It is always updateable compared to many of the other players that are stuck in 1.0 and 2.0 profiles (limits the ability of the blu ray discs and sometimes doesn't play certain discs at all). It's also top of the line in terms of picture quality and it also upscales your regular DVDs to 1080p hd which look great and often times very close to blu ray quality. In addition to all of that it is a great gaming system. HOWEVER, if you already have a 360 and aren't much of a movie buff then there really isn't a point. There are very few good ps3 exclusive games and although I think the graphics look better on the ps3 the difference is usually minimal. If you do watch movies often (and have an HDTV) then I would reccomend it without a second thought (as you can see I am a movie buff and the only games I really play are gta and sports games). Hope this helped.

5. jborislow

jborislow Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    The 360's online features are much better but the PS3 has recently come out with a few pretty good games such as Little Big Planet... It's defnitely worth it to buy a PS3 though

6. BlueGenome

BlueGenome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I own both systems and I prefer the PS3. I got my 360 when it came out and I did have a blast with it (big halo and gears of war fan). When MGS4 was released I picked up the bundle and since then my 360 has been turned on once or twice. I do have to say the online on the 360 is superior so if your huge on that then go for the 360. I honestly love the playstation and since online is free I can't complain about it, its simple and it works. Overall I guess its down to personal preferences. Do keep in mind, you are getting a good if not the best blu-ray player with the ps3 and "Home" is coming soon. :)

7. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Who cares about Blu Ray anyway

8. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Watch Wall-E on blu ray, it looks amazing. Also (as I said earlier) it makes your regular DVDs look terrific.

9. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    If you already own a 360 whats the point of getting a PS3? I have one and I think the only good games that aren't available on the 360 are MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles.

10. BATTLE BORN

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    thanks for all your replies. I'm mostly lusting to play some little big planet, resistance 1 and 2, and maybe MGS4. don't really know if that justifies a purchase, but with blue ray and this discounted price I thought I'd look into it.
    I haven't followed PS3 games too closely, but I'm sure there's some other good exclusives right?

11. NJPodder

NJPodder Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    If you read the fine print, then you see that you still have to pay for the shipping on the PS3, so you only save $116 when it is all said and done, but is opening a new credit card account for that really worth $116? I guess to me it isn't, but if you want a new credit card anyway, this one has no annual fee, but a pretty high interest rate. Other cards offer better rewards, thoguh, and would give you more savings than this. For example, I have a gas credit card that I use for every gas purchase, when the price of gas goes up, my reward goes up too. Most years, I save an average of $200 on automobile gas purchases. That is already more than $116.

I don't know I guess it's an okay offer, I jsut wouldn't open the credit card account for that alone.

12. BATTLE BORN

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    wow that's some pricey shipping. I guess I could buy it from a store and pay the tax rather than shipping. that would be a little cheaper I guess.
    but if I did do the deal I'd just pay the card right off & most likely cancel it.
    just get a deal, and build my credit rating a bit. couldn't hurt as long as there's no balance on there right?
    maybe down the road I'll get a card with good rewards, but for the time being I just use a debit card.

13. BlueGenome

BlueGenome Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2008
    People with high def tvs ...

14. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    I know, don't u hate it when people just post random and useless posts that don't have anything to do with the main topic? It's rainy outside...

15. BATTLE BORN

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    hahaha Everydaynormaltroll strikes again!
    it's raining here too, which means there will be a wreck at every intersection on the way home.

16. tunawrap

tunawrap Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2008
    toucharcade-IPHONE gaming.

pay attention.

17. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    WTF? U invisible now? lol, i tried that for a while, it ain't as glamorous as it appears to be...

18. BATTLE BORN

Aug 14, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    haha no, just leaving work so I keep signing out.

and sorry tuna, I now realize I should probably be banished.

happy early turkey day everybody. adios