Universal Prune (by Joel Mcdonald)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 22, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I wa trying the exact same thing last night, guess I gave up too early because of sleep!

2. Ahh I love that! Keeping us on our toes. ;) Gonna try again today.

3. -Kiki-

-Kiki- Member

Jul 25, 2015
    I bought the game yesterday and was playing it for a bit (got to the fourth set of levels) and my goodness is this game ever beautiful! I have absolutely no regrets in buying this. People in the AppStore are already giving it three star reviews for the price, though. :/

4. Did you manage to do it? I still can't.

5. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Nope, too windy. I've managed to get about 80% there.

6. #86 AppUnwrapper, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Yeah, I was by the ledge below it and accidentally cut the top off my tree. :/ Closest I've gotten.

I'm still missing a whole bunch and I see very few have flowers that you can see.

7. #87 AppUnwrapper, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  8. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Jeez, that's heartbreaking!

9. #89 AppUnwrapper, Jul 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    Yeah, when it touched and nothing happened, my heart sank.

10. Joel got back to me -- it's not bugged. You just don't need to reach the flower. So gonna play around with it later and see if I can figure it out.

11. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    the very bottom tree constantly grows more than the others but I've not been able to get it to reach to far without it snapping :(

12. I wonder if all three trees need to grow tall? Not as tall as I made it, but maybe it takes all three to get it?
    Not sure if I'll have time this morning to test that theory.

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    TBH if it's something absurd like that then I'm going to give up on looking for the extra stuff. There are challenges and then there are stupidly difficult achievements that just serve to increase game time.

14. I'm just throwing out ideas. He said it's easier than what I did.

15. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Still can't get that blue star but I've figured out how to grow some ridiculously dense trees. I can make them so dense that the whole thing becomes a solid block! Once pruned some more they look like alien fauna when they vibrate in the wind... (and lead to crashes)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS: I think we should stop using the spoilers tag, I don't think the stuff we're discussing is that majorly spoiler-ish. And we're pretty much the only people here discussing the game!

16. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    probably a good idea lol since there only seems to be 3 of us talking o_O
    I'll have another try at 4-1 later tonight but so far I've managed to get the very bottom tree very close to the light Ray, and the second tree up pretty tall too. I'm actually just enjoy no messing around trying to make the trees.
    if you get it just right you can get the first tree up high at the same time as the second one, with them side by side.

this level does seem to cause some slow down issues on my retina mini and when I'm playing on my 5s sometimes it has a fit and the trees look like there out of silent hill. wiggling all over the place.

17. Yeah, sometimes even my iPad Air 2 will slow down. I think maybe we weren't meant to push the game so hard. :p

I won't be able to play again till tonight -- let me know if you hit any breakthroughs. I'm still missing a lot of blue stars.

18. MBowman

MBowman Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2014
    Very unique visuals:)

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    [​IMG]

[thread=266702][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266633][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266969][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266853][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266705][​IMG][/thread] [thread=267067][​IMG][/thread] [thread=266896][​IMG][/thread]

Prune

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 23rd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo and Anotherkellydown for original post format

20. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011