Universal Prune (by Joel Mcdonald)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Those are *such* stinky trees, though!

2. I mostly play on my iPad, but it does have flawless iCloud capabilities, so I've been pulling it out once in a while to play on my iPhone 5 as well. It's definitely nicer on a bigger screen and easier to control. But it gives you a lot of room to zoom in, so that helps. It's designed for mobile/touch, so it really shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure how the performance is on that generation of iPod -- maybe someone else can answer that.

It does get a bit more challenging in later levels, but failing at a level just means sprouting a new tree and trying again. If you're struggling with a level, it will eventually offer you the option to skip. You can then go back and try that level again whenever you want.

3. -Kiki-

-Kiki- Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Thank you! :) I will search around and see how it runs on a fifth generation iPod. ^o^

4. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    On some levels like 3-7 you can see a small blue flower, if you reach it then blue flowers bloom your tree as well.

5. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England

I'm playing on a iPhone 5s and it plays just fine and easy to control. so yeah I'd say no iPad is fine.
    and the level skips are free it works something like if you fail a couple of times it asks you if you'd like to skip, which is just move to the next level and you can always go back.
    there's not really any sense of pressure it's more of a relaxed game but well worth getting.
    I finished it and now I'm going back through to find the little extras and things just for fun.
    it's really cool just growing and trimming the trees. IMO well worth the money.

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    So for some reason I'm tempted by this and not usually into those zen games that we had that are all about the serene music and pretty images.

But gameplay wise is it good? Is it a puzzle game where you just prune to make the tree grow into the light?

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #67 sapphire_neo, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Does anyone know how to
    get to the blue flower in 4-1?

I feel like I'm missing a trick on how to indefinitely grow my trees. For me they usually stop growing past a point. AppUnwrapper, can you make a video on pruning a tree off the screen?

8. #68 AppUnwrapper, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Haaaa that might be an incredibly long (possibly boring?) video. The one I did like that took a loooot of pruning. But I can try and see how it goes!

Edit: Maybe I should stream it? :p

9. jAc0297

jAc0297 Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Student
    Beautiful game! Love the animations of the trees. Flows very smoothly! :)

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #70 sapphire_neo, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Stream would be fine, I could just check out the VOD.

Also, were you able to get that
    flower on 4-1
    ?

11. That's the one I'm going to try to get while recording. I won't stream -- it's easier if I'm not worrying about people watching me. :p

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Good luck! Another fun thing to do on that level is to try and grow to the left from the third fertile area. The blowing wind makes your weirdly shaped tree vibrate in a freaky way.

13. Hmmmmm I just tried reaching it several times and that tree grows very little compared to others. Now wondering if it's possible.

14. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Glad to hear it's seeming just as difficult for a pro! :p

15. This is the first time I've seen the flower before getting it. All the others just happened. Could you maybe tell me another level with a blue flower that I haven't gotten yet so I can try to reach it intentionally?

16. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    There's a
    blue flower on 3-7, and it's pretty easy to reach too.

17. #77 AppUnwrapper, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Perfect! Thanks :)

Edit: Not so easy. :p

Edit 2:
    You don't need to actually reach it, just get close!

Case in point:

18. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    that's also where I'm up to in replaying the levels? the tree just seems to stop growing and can't reach the same heights as in other levels?
    I'll keep trying different things tho :D

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I'm beginning to think the secret to it might be the
    white sapling on the same level. I'm barely able to touch the sapling, but still about 10% distance left.

20. Sexy Pirate

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    was jut coming back to post something.
    i found out how to do it the secret is that it's not the highest tree in the level that keeps growing ;)