Universal Proven Lands (Sci-Fi, Rogue-Like, Sandbox, 3D, Survival, RPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SirHanet, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Welcome to TA, btxsqdr! Nice to see the campaign building some momentum. We've chatted before on Reddit, really hope this succeeds

Any estimates to when Humble purchases will be available? Sucks that I can't back through Kickstarter, so I'm eager to support the project through Humble

2. btxsqdr

btxsqdr Member

Mar 13, 2014
    @bronxsta: ;) reddit is great. thank you. i'm constantly jumping between the platforms, so any help is awesome. humble? very soon. talked yesterday to humble. great indie guys, btw. and, i sent them a reduced tier list (3 tiers only) today. waiting for confirmation (they're busy due to the gdc).

i think too that humble is a great choice. i have a very good feeling about it.

3. Bronxsta

#43 Bronxsta, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    Great to hear

Only issue I foresee is that well...most developers only add alternate backing options when a project is funded or is clear that it's going to reach its goal. Because with KS, it's the KS funding that matters. It's all or nothing and people purchasing elsewhere doesn't help the project reach its Kickstarter goal

Oh, and your recent update got me playing Project Zomboid again :) Such an incredible game, especially for an avid fan of zombie fiction like myself. I nominated it as my 2013 GOTY over on my blog (2013, going by Steam release)

4. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Wow....

Hey DEV!!!! Nice to see you here, love your game so much. It's pretty much like my dream game that I always wanted to play!!

5. btxsqdr

btxsqdr Member

Mar 13, 2014
    true. i'm fully aware of it. we've been thinking about it for a while and discussing it with the humble store as well. i'll let you know soon.

awesome! honestly love that game. chris (its dev) is great, btw.

!!! me too

glad to have you with us, guys. thank you so much

6. farley2k

farley2k Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Looks pretty neat. I will keep following it.

7. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    An Article

I want TA and IGN to write a article about this game!! Eli, if you are reading this then please write a article on this game!

8. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Ok good, the game in the video looks gorgeous for a prealpha/alpha version. Is that what the mobile game will look like (Graphics wise, but obviously better animations and stuff upon release)?

9. btxsqdr

btxsqdr Member

Mar 13, 2014
    graphics wise, on mobile? i doubt it, for many good hardware reasons (lighting/shadows and shaders). but: i'd like to press the juice out of our phones/ipads for it, and it should be impressive.

the major problem is that infinity blade, for instance, is compared to proven lands technically easier because it is not procedurally generated. you have tons of advantages if you can bake lightmaps etc. it means: we will see. i will definitely throw some first mobile alpha demos in the stores for feedback (edit: before a mobile release)

10. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Hey guys I am new on TA , and I don't know how I am going to be able to sent the developers my drawings
    Please help me, send me a PM
    Thank's

11. Bronxsta

There's an email on the site:
    http://provenlands.com/
    [email protected]

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #52 JCho133, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    @SirHanit Hey I don't mean to ruin your day, but there is no way in hell that this game will be able to run on your iPod 3rd gen

@btxsqdr Welcome to TA! This quite the ambitious project you've got here, and I can only hope it gets funded. I know that there is definitely an audience for this, they just need to see it. It's definitely a type of game I've always hoped for

13. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Funding!

You are right JCho, it won't run on this piece of....(sigh) I am expecting to get a new device after 1 or maybe 2 years!!
    I only set this thread up so this game gets funded, but in the back I did hope that this game would be able to run on my device but in the end, I guess I won't get this game.
    PC might be alternative but it won't strong enough to support this game. MAC is another option but that goes that I do banking so I keep it secure!

14. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Haha well I hope you get a chance to play it somehow

15. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Is this ip5? It looks amazing!

16. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    ip5?

What is ip5?

17. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    So many views but....

But no person has even taken notice!

18. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Hello this looks great!

I have one question. Will there be different camera modes like 1st person camera? Thanks!

19. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Q/A

Might!

20. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Do you think it will be on iPad ?