Universal Proven Lands (Sci-Fi, Rogue-Like, Sandbox, 3D, Survival, RPG)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SirHanet, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

1) We're just fans. Not the devs

2) Not it's not a game like that. It's more in the vein of Minecraft, in that you explore and survive randomzied landscapes. (Not the building stuff part). Better comparisons would be Don't Starve and Project Zomboid, but I'm not sure the IOS crowd here knows those games. Weapons range from axes to guns and drones to exotic alien weaponry.

2. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Your First Q/A: Yes, there will be different kinds of weapons.
    Your Second Q/A: You will be able to terraform your own planet if it passes the £499,000 mark. Also you can do modding so you can create your own animals and other stuff.
    Your Third Q/A: Yes, you will be able to create your own machines and devices.

3. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Oops...

Everybody, we are not the devs, we are just fans to help the game to be funded!

4. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    This all sounds amazing but why...permadeath?
    I mean, when it is like minecraft where players putting alot of effort and time into crafting and terraforming, isn't it a bit weird when this all will be gone when the player dies?

5. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    It's kinda rogue-like so those kinda games have this feature but I will ask the devs if the game will have a option if you want the perma-death or not so it's win-win! Also the things you built will not be gone but the things in the inventory will be gone!

6. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Can you explain the terraforming more?

Just for example, not specifically insident in the game, but like this idea? Say we find a forest, so we then cut down trees for logs and build a house?

lol I wouldn't want to completely terraform my own planet from scratch.

I just don't want any confusing with this seeing that I haven't played a mind craft game (don't hate on me for it).

7. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Terraforming is like the mining up on a hill or cutting down logs or mining up a huge mountain to make it flat or even creating a giant hole down to bedrock!

8. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Not much....

Not many people are taking notice of the game which kinda sucks even though I spread the news about on twitter and email!

9. Bronxsta

This is not a Minecraft style game. You're not make building planets. Planets are randomly generated, with random missions to provide structure and traits to deal with, from starvation to sickness to suffocation.

It's a survival game, not a building game. There's a focus on realism, so you might get a tear in your suit and need to worry about leaking oxygen or get injuried, which then turns into a deadly fever if untreated.

10. Bronxsta

Kickstarters take time. The bulk of funding comes in the beginning and end and the campaign got some nice momentum yesterday due to a RockPaperShotgun article.

11. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Thanks but...

But there is only 30 days left and I am sacred that it is not going to be funded!

12. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Also...

I want to make a article about this game for toucharcade and post it because not everyone has a account on toucharcade but they check on toucharcade so they stay up to date on gaming news!

13. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Ah, I see. It's okay if my inventory will be wiped after I die, like it is in MC. Guess there will be chests then where I can put my stuff in.

Thanks!

14. Bronxsta

Yeah, same here. Hopefully it could pull a Hyper Light Drifter and get funded. But if it doesn't, other developers have done second Kickstarters and succeeded, albeit with lower goals

We can't write on Toucharcade. Only staff.

15. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    How can we tell the staff about the game?

16. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Needs...

Toucharcade needs to have a article on this game because there is only 29 days until funding! Come on people! Really want same hype as Hyper Light Drifter! I am going to make a thread on the upcoming Mac AppStore games!

17. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    30 days or this game will be canceled???

18. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    29 days to be specific until funding!!

19. btxsqdr

btxsqdr Member

Mar 13, 2014
    @sirhanet/bronxsta: thank you, guys! :D just great

@geno11233: yes. those planets are procedurally generated each new game. however, only the terrain, the item, planet and creature placement -- quite similar to don't starve (in 3d), if you like. i am thinking about advanced terraforming, but not before the release. basic terraforming (height map) is easy though and will be, i guess, provided.

@nekku: why permadeath? because i love it. :) but, we will make it like in minecraft -- hardcore and normal mode (with save games). something like that. i.. actually like it this way and know many who like it too, but, don't worry. normal mode (with save games) is ok too.

give the early pre alpha tech demo a try. see http://provenlands.com

we'd like to release first for windows, and then ios/osx, then android/linux. i had a basic mobile version a couple months ago, before i improved the graphics for our ks. it might happen that there will be some sort of mobile demo within the next months, depending on how our humble store (from tomorrow on?) and ks goes. my goal is to let me play it on desktop and 15 min later on mobile. mobile version limited, uglier, of course, but still: fun.

20. btxsqdr

btxsqdr Member

Mar 13, 2014
    @geno: "30 days or this game will be canceled???" -- nope. i'm pretty sure we will no cancel it just like that. if we fail we will go for the humble store. :) i'm sure i'm not the only one missing such a 3d sci-fi sandbox survival game