Universal Proun+ (by Engine Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 26, 2014.

1. toptrops

toptrops Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2014
  2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I really want this but the file size is to big for a "quick twitch" game.. In my opinion of course

3. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #23 PoloBaquerizoH, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    That's the difference from other games you think this one is similar that this game has a lot much to play, its not just a quick twitch game

4. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    Yeah, score mode in particular is something new.

5. Engine Software

Oct 24, 2014
    Proun file size

The size is pretty big due to the many hires textures and hi-quality audio files. Reducing filesize would mean we use Apple texture compression, which will surely result in less sharp visuals. We are happy to hear what you guys prefer and we can work this out in an update.

6. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    File size is totally worth for this game

7. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I prefer it just the way it is. Please don't change it! The music is especially great. Really dig the jazzy drums. And the graphics are so easy on the eyes. Looks like something out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. :)

8. Glacíus

Glacíus New Member

Oct 31, 2014
    This game is awesome

This game has it all challenge, music and graphics. I just finished fast mode and that was hard already :D Well 3 to go!

9. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#29 Anotherkellydown, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
    Anyone who really likes Proun+ should go nominate it for game of the week under Forums>General Game Discussion & Questions>Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (Nov 27). As far as I know, anyone with a TA membership can vote, from junior members, to senior members (not open to the actual game dev). Just a heads up.

10. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Any chance for this game to get at least local wifi or bluetooth multiplayer? I think it would be fun to race against my girlfriend.

11. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    That would make this game just the best, after playing it, this game is brutally challenging, damn! Love it!

12. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I love me some eye candy, so my knee jerk reaction is to say don't reduce the visual quality. But really it depends on how noticeable the difference would be. I played this years ago on PC and don't remember having a problem with the visuals, so I'm skeptical about whether the visuals are really enough nicer now to justify a 20x increase in size. Would be nice to see some full resolution screen shots to compare what it looks like now to how it would look if you compressed the assets a bit.

13. Engine Software

Oct 24, 2014
    gamepad support?

Hi guys,

We may look into the compression a bit more and probably get the game a bit smaller in an update, without losing quality.

Another question we have for you guys: do you think it's a good idea to include gamepad support in the game? This is one of the new features we are considering.

Regarding multiplayer: well, that is something we did think about, but it is quite a bit of work to get that in. So currently we plan to do that if the game remains selling okay :)

Ivo / Engine Software

14. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I personally would LOVE gamepad support. Since getting a controller, I much prefer using it in games where it makes sense, over touch or tilt controls, especially in games which require a lot of precision like this one. That said, while there are some kinds of games I won't even bother playing on iOS unless they have controller support, this isn't one of them. While I'd prefer playing it with a controller, I think it works well enough without it. Also, from a developer point of view I have no idea how much bang for your buck you get by adding controller support, since I don't know what percentage of iOS gamers even have one. But if it's not a whole lot of work for you to add it, I'd definitely vote in favor.

15. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Had to buy this since it was on sale.. Started playing like at 1am.. I don't know if I was just really tired or this game is that difficult lol.. Look foward to the challenge #

16. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    On the topic of compression, I love the game as is, wldnt want the visuals compromised just to squash it. Truly challenging game, love it.

17. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first time (and for limited time obviously)!

18. Rombout

Rombout Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Awesome game and a great port by Engine :)

19. takaya

takaya Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    It's only me or menu graphics are missing after upgrading to IOS 9.02?

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Since this has gone permanently free, what happens to those who purchased the game and update?