promo codes

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by sjleworthy, Feb 11, 2009.

1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    excuse my game nuubnessness here, but please explain, what is a promo code and how do i use one? i see them posted in these forums all the time and dont understand what they are and how to use them.

thanks

2. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #2 rIcHrAnDoM, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
    Yes, I'll explain. These codes you'll see or recieve are for free downloads of developers applications. Each developer(or publisher) recieves a limited # of promotional codes to distribute as he/she sees fit for "promoting" their program. Some developers know a tool of success is distributing these codes to TouchArcade users, as we are some of the best "critics" to not only provide feedback to them about their app, but also to spread the word if their game/app is worthy.

To utilize these codes, should you stumble upon some, simply go into your iTunes account and in the store where ithas a "REDEEM" option,(where you would enter iTunes gift cards) enter this code and click submit. Alternatively, on your device touch/phone the native app for iTunes offers the same function, you will have to be connected to wi-fi in order for functionality.

Good luck.:)

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I apologize to double post, however just seeing your location, I do not believe Apple currently accepts promotional codes from UK accounts. There are "ways around this" hopefully one of TA's tech savvy UK members will respond here to give you a leg up on this one ;) where ya at Salsamd?

4. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Yeah, to anyone interested: use the promo code as a redemption (instead of using a credit card) and make a US store account. Works flawlessly, tho you will need to make up a phone no. and a fake address etc, but you save money, so WIN

PM me for further details..

5. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    thanks guys.

yup, in the UK, so looks like i'll need to invent a fake US account.