Promo Codes for Orbus: Vocal A.I. Companion

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by scotopia, Feb 6, 2009.

1. scotopia

scotopia Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    #1 scotopia, Feb 6, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  2. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    sent email :D

3. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

Sent a email

4. vandy1997

vandy1997 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2008
    NJ
    E-mail sent!! Thank you!!

5. James90241

James90241 Active Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I work at a Hotel in Newport Beach, CA
    Downey, CA
    email sent, this looks pretty cool! its security for the iPod! :D

6. scotopia

Feb 6, 2009
    Out of promo codes! Thanks for the response everyone; please give it a review if you can; and spread the word. It's my first app ever so be gentle, but don't hesitate to email me with comments/suggestions. I am going to work as hard as I can to deliver an amazing product! Thank you!

7. ipodtouchuser

ipodtouchuser Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Mudlogger
    Bozeman, Montana
    This app rocks! Even though all the promo codes are gone, I'd suggest you all pick it up.

8. scotopia

Feb 6, 2009
    Wow, thanks! I just submitted an update last night btw that adds this:

- Orbus is now aware of the time of day and modifies his behavior accordingly
    - Orbus has gained the ability to recognize certain patterns in the user's behavior and respond to them; for instance try repeating the same action several times and see how he handles it!
    - 3 Easter Eggs have been added. As a clue to triggering one of them try going back and forth between tapping and rubbing Orbus.
    - 17 new vocal responses!
    - Better handling of pinches versus "reverse" pinches
    - Improved randomness where applicable
    - A few minor bug fixes

Hopefully they will review it soon. What do you guys think of these? Anything else you think would be cool you'd like me to add?

Thanks again!

9. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks for the update. With apps like these, it gets old fast. As a developer, you must try to add constant updates. This is just my view point however.

10. scotopia

Feb 6, 2009
    Yes that's why I plan to make updates frequently. I might eventually make it pull data from a server too for daily voice clips and such; so it will be different every day; do you think that would be cool? Would require a lot of work in the studio though ;)

I'm hoping the discovery of easter eggs (which require specific sequences of actions to trigger) will add some replayability.

At the very least the security features are always useful.

11. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Awesome. This really is a neat app.

12. scotopia

Feb 6, 2009
    The update just landed; enjoy! Please email me with new feature suggestions; I'm working hard on this bad boy; thanks!

13. Jeremy1026

Jeremy1026 Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Its about time Apple approved this update. I want to find those easter eggs.

14. Eney

Eney Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    McDonalds
    darnit i got excited and sent u an email without reading the thread. sorry i didnt notice that u ran out. :'( now i gotta buy it...

15. scotopia

Feb 6, 2009
    Sorry I ran out Eney! I hope you still decide to give it a try. Also, if you have any suggestions for future updates please email me and let me know; I am actively updating it. Thanks!

16. Eney

Eney Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    McDonalds
    well i bought it and it was the worst money i ever spent. Ur app is really really cool its just that i have an ipod not an iphone so all i can do is poke him to annoy him. But my friend dowloaded it to his iphone and its pretty sick. nice work :]

17. scotopia

Feb 6, 2009
    Hmm; it seems I should make the instructions clearer regarding what requires the iPhone!

Since you know what it can do for both the phone and the touch can you tell me exactly what the difference is?
    As I understand it the GPS functionality and the voice input won't work; anything else? I will make a note in iTunes right away.

Thanks!

18. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    The Touch has GPS functionality...

19. scotopia

Feb 6, 2009
    #19 scotopia, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
    Okay, so apparently I'm a little lost in the land of Touch; can you guys clearly tell me what doesn't function so I can make a note in iTunes? Thanks!

Edit: I think different generations of the touch may behave differently (accounting for some of my confusion), please tell me the generation of the device and what functionality is lacking. Thanks again!

20. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV, USA
    2G: Built-in GPS (or some kind of location finder, because it tells me nearest banks/stores/gas stations, etc.) and a microphone you can plug in and goes for around $30 :)