Promo Codes for constructive criticism on my game: MakeMeSay

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jpc82, Jan 28, 2009.

1. jpc82

jpc82 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I am looking for some people to try out my game and provide me with some constructive criticism. The app can be found here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301320632&mt=8

MakeMeSay is a word party game where you split up into teams of two or more. When its your teams turn you have only a few seconds to make your team guess the words that show up for you. When your times up you pass the iPhone to the other team for their turn.

PM me if your interested. I am looking for some constructive criticism. This is one of two apps that I have built. I am doing this all on my own, so any help is appreciated. So far I have had good review on the appstore but I would like some more feedback on what I should focus on for my next release.

2. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Oh man, im so in! Pm me one and im on it!

3. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
  4. Watabou

Watabou Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I am also in!

How do we send feedback on the game though?

5. jpc82

jpc82 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    All the codes for the people that have PMed me have been sent. Please let me know what you think either by private message or at eggwhitestudios (at) gmail . com

Any feedback is appreciated as I mentioned I am doing this on my own and really built it for myself and will my family/friends feedback. But I would love to hear what other people think to help me make it even better.

6. jpc82

jpc82 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Thanks for everything!!. I have sent out the final promo codes, I don't have any left.

All your input is very appreciated.

7. grumpytreto

grumpytreto Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    The look of it makes it seem boring even though the game does seem interesting

8. jpc82

jpc82 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Ya, that seems to be a strong theme with the criticism so far. Fun but graphics and sounds need work.

So I will be putting some time into that new buttons and an icons soon.

I am going to have to get someone to help me with it and didn't want to go to that trouble until I actually had the game done and people playing since the extra time and money wouldn't be worth it is the game was a complete flop. I hope to have a new version by next weekend if everything works out with the person I am in touch with.

9. jpc82

jpc82 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    What do you guys think of this new icon image, is it any better?

[​IMG]

10. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    its better!

11. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I don't think that I can think of anything constructive. It is an amazing group oriented game. I convinced the PE teacher to let us play in the auditorium, and it was great.

12. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    This icon looks better and more "relevant" to the game. However, I suggest making the background brighter (maybe a bright red instead of the pink) and I suggest making the letters of the game name clearer and more defined. They are difficult to read now (especially the word Make) and will be even harder when the icon is viewed in a smaller size on the iPhone's springboard.

13. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Have Arron @ Razorianfly do it for a nominal fee. He does some great ones, and may be able to help you on this one. He should be able to do something with it.

14. jpc82

jpc82 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Thank for the input how does this one look?

[​IMG]

15. jpc82

jpc82 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Also, thanks for all the positive input. If you can please also post a review on the appstore if you liked the app I would appreciate it.

16. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    The outline of the clock looks a little blurry to me. I don't know if that's how it looks on the iPhone, but it looks like it on my computer. Also, I enjoy the red more because it is my favorite color, but more people would probably enjoy the blue and grey because it stands out a little less and it isn't as "obnoxious" on the screen, I guess you could say. The icon looks good though beside the clock thing (which may just be my eyes as well)

17. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    the icon, just blegh, no. I like how it's stylized, but try using better colors. nothing really goes well with gray. try making the clock gold, with the background being royal blue. also, don't include the title in the icon. it's redundant and kinda annoying, the title's already below the icon.

18. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    i agree with basically everything he said...maybe instead of the title of the game there could be a question mark, or something else to represent the guessing part of the game...just an idea

19. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    What about in front of the clock you have a speech bubble with a question mark in it.

20. jpc82

jpc82 Active Member

Jan 28, 2009
    User Name

Thanks for all the input I really appreciate it. I will be meeting with a friend who does graphics work today or tomorrow and will show him what I man and tell him your input.

You guys are great.