iPad Promo Code Help

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by greenhornet9, Jan 24, 2009.

1. greenhornet9

greenhornet9 Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Hi, I'm new here at Touch Arcade and in some of the threads I read that it is possible to get free games from promo codes.

So I was wondering how I get promo codes and how I enter them on iTunes.

Thanks

2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #2 Wegmans, Jan 24, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
    you've got to be kidding me

Read that rules link before you post please

here's what you're missing:

The Rules (or Don't Do These Or You'll Get Banned)
    Hi guys,

I thought I'd post some consolidated rules, since there's been issues recently.

The short version

- The forums exist to talk about iPhone and iPod Touch games primarily. Everything else is secondary. So preserving this discussion takes priority.
    - Don't cause trouble
    - Don't cause more work for the moderators
    - Don't spam the site
    - Use common sense

The long version

(not all of these will necessarily result in an automatic ban)

- Don't insult people - if you can't keep yourself from insulting others, you don't belong here
    - Don't post multiple threads on the same topic
    - Don't post in the WRONG forum ("iPhone games" is for games only)
    - Don't beg/ask for promo codes or promote promo code giveaways and contests on other sites
    - Please use a descriptive title ("Help" is not descriptive)
    - Keep threads on topic - obviously things can stray onto related topics, but we've seen threads stray into personal and irrelevant topics.
    - Don't bump threads. This applies not only to posts that say "bump" but to those with the intent to bump.
    - Please avoid correcting spelling and grammar. English is not the primarily language for many people, and grammar discussion does not really add anything of substance to most discussions
    - Please post in English. Despite our international audience, this is an English language site.
    - One account per user. Don't post to multiple accounts.
    - Don't post fake announcements or impersonate individuals or companies
    - No piracy. Discussion about piracy in the abstract is acceptable. But links or how-to's or where to get pirated software will quickly result in banning
    - Don't post advertisements for your blog/podcast/youtube-channel on the site. (signature links are acceptable within reason)
    - Developers are welcome to post app announcements, but please identify yourself as the developer
    - Please keep language "clean"

The second part of your question is simple, you just enter it like a gift card code, and you can do such on your iDevice as well

3. greenhornet9

Jan 22, 2009
    I figured out how to enter them on Itunes but i dont know how to get them in the first place.

4. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    Well someone has to give you one.

5. greenhornet9

Jan 22, 2009
    Thanks I guess...
    Im not asking for them I just dont know how to get them.

So I just got to find one then

6. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Just a thought...

You should hang out, get involved with the forums, TA is a great place for gamers and developers to get together and help each other out. I recommend to stay around for a bit, get involved contribute something, and I'm sure the more you visit the more chances you'll have to find a promo or 2... :)

7. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Well yea, sometimes developers give them out as "promotions" for upcoming or newly released games (thus the name "promo" codes) so you can't exactly find them per se, but I think you understand what I'm trying to say.

8. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Suppose to be US only I think.