Promo Code Giveaways Forum

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by arn, Aug 16, 2009.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Ya I`ve noticed you always use that way to giveaway your codes. Quite a nice idea IMO. A lot better than just posting all the codes in the thread.

2. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Hmm, I don't think you understand, at all, what I meant.

I read another tech forum on a semi-regular basis. I don't feel the need to participate. I'm only interested in information. However, I realized that some people were attaching images that were necessary to see in order to grasp what the posts were referring to. So, since it didn't take much time to register an account, I did so. Now, I am a "member" there, but I don't post. I'm just a "lurker."

Here, at Touch Arcade, I have around 800 posts, yes. But I don't consider myself a lurker here. I am also not here for "petty benefits." I am here to discover and chat about games. I couldn't care less about receiving promo codes (which is why I'm such a vocal advocate for this new system that has been set up).

I think you are probably referring to my line: "Imagine if there were $1 freebies up for grabs!" If so, I was being sarcastic. I was addressing the point that viewing images is a non-urgent, elective reason to register for an account, i.e. it's that simple. Therefore, if there really are 1000s of unregistered lurkers just F5-ing Touch Arcade 24/7, I can't imagine that any of them would find having to sign up for an account to be much of a deterrent.

Imagine that you love steak. You crave it every waking moment! Now, imagine if your mayor made an announcement that everyday free coupons to the local steakhouse would be distributed to anyone wearing a red polo shirt. Maybe you wouldn't normally wear a red polo shirt, and you don't care for shopping, but I'd bet you wouldn't find it terribly inconvenient to stop at the store and pick one up. Free steak, after all. :)

3. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I am honestly sorry if you took offense and it caused you to write four paragraphs explaining yourself. I was just pointing out an amusing side note. Sorry if I offended you.

4. Philsquirrel

Philsquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Paris, France
    I think (like ImNoSuperMan) that it's a god idea :)

About the 'lurkers" (I speak about that because of the post about the an with 8OO posts , etc ...) :

Well I'm recent and not a great contributor in the TA forums, because essentially of my difficulty to write in comprehensible english ( I read much better than I wri) but I follow toucharcade for the reviews since I have my Touch. So I can be view as a lurker : I grab codes and don't participate to discussions :eek: ...
    But I dont feel yet as a lurker, I've bought apps after reading the reviews here, I let my comments on the store or in the threads ... and I try nevertheless to participate a little ;).