iPad Promo code blowout for FLIP (Full Version)! Secret code revealed!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by eBattalion, Jan 29, 2009.

1. eBattalion

eBattalion Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2009
    FLIP is a puzzle game containing three game modes, two of which contain nearly 200 brain-busting puzzles. The other mode, standard mode, contains virtually unlimited play and replay value. All modes use the motion sensors of the iPhone as a main input method – you literally flip your iPhone to solve puzzles. Standard mode, a unique but more traditional game style, also uses the touch screen.

To get a promo code, follow instructions below:

We have waited patiently for someone to figure out the FLIP secret code and now one FLIP player, using our riddle (below), has discovered the hidden secret! His name is cyprianoman on YouTube and Digg and he has put up a video on Digg.

We will send you a promo code if you do these simply things:

1) Digg cyprianoman’s article on Digg: http://digg.com/apple/Drawing_Contra_Code_on_iPhone_Touchscreen_Reveals_Secret

2) Email us your Digg username to: info@ebattalion.com

3) We will email you back the promo code for the full version FLIP – we will also keep on file for future promo codes.

Riddle (currently 5 down on Google list):
    http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=ebattalion&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

FLIP on iTunes:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=301461765&mt=8

Thanks for being part of the eBattalion team!

2. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Best secret added to a game ever.

I think just about anyone who owned a NES in the late 80's and 90's knows the Contra code by heart. :D

I love that you guys added that into the game and even left a riddle about it!

I only wish I had stumbled across that myself. ^ ^

3. dcescott

dcescott Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Hahahaha! It's the Konami Code. I'm sure it's been wikipedia-fied, because it works on several other games besides Contra. Heck, you needed it without a Game Genie!

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    #4 rIcHrAnDoM, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
    I fulfilled the requirements of the contest (a bit slow from my iPhone), I will await a code. I'm doubtful that there are any however as there were 92 diggs when I dugg it!

Update: man these guys are fast/good, got a return email within about 15 minutes, thanks eBattalion!

5. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    Haha, if you try the code in any of the sub-versions, such as Puzzle Flip, you'll get a message when you do the code.

It makes reference of the message seen in Mario games.

6. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    Crap! I replied to this same post *yesterday* in a different forum: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4403 and I *still* haven't received word! (And there was only 15 diggs then!)

Where's the love, eBattalion? Where?

7. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Did you definately give them the right Digg username? I just happened to catch mine had an error, and hurries to email them with the correct info.

8. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I sent an email in, havent received anything yet as well.

9. Broward

Broward Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Jax, Florida
    This is one of the best easter eggs ever.

10. ourfinesth0ur

ourfinesth0ur Active Member

Oct 8, 2008
    "Paying" people to digg articles up or offering compensation for digging articles is against the TOS...keep doing this if you want to get banned. You might want to take this post down.

11. TR3S

TR3S Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Student
    Florida
    contra

thats soo cool that u used the "code":D Email sent

12. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    I just received my code, but it has already been used. :( Did he send the same code to everyone?