Universal .projekt (by Kyrylo Kuzyk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KirillKuzyk, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Not sure if a bug or user error

I’m playing on a 12.9 iPad Pro running iOS 11.2.1, and on level 2 I can’t get the blocks to stack. I tap where it shows to tap, and either the block I’m tapping on disappears enitirely, or it disappears and immediately reappears.

You can see it happening here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/seircqjfd95xyy4/IMG_0139.TRIM.MOV?dl=0

I just checked it on my phone and it works like it should, so I’m betting it’s a bug.

2. KirillKuzyk

KirillKuzyk Active Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Indie :)
    Ukraine, Kiev
    #22 KirillKuzyk, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    Thanks for reporting the bug! I already found its cause.
    Unity has a bug and detects false positive force touch on new generation ipads. And force touch removes cubes instantly.
    I'll release an update as soon as possible. I think it will 2-3 days.

I'm very sorry for this bug! I don't have an iPad so I couldn't test it myself :(

3. .THOTH.

.THOTH. Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Credit counselor :(
    Tacoma, WA
    Just finished this and enjoyed every second. Can’t wait for new levels! If it were even possible these puzzles would be excellent on a larger scale.

4. KirillKuzyk

Apr 9, 2016
    Ukraine, Kiev
    5x5x5 is the biggest play field you can make to preserve comfort. Even on this size some players have issues with hitting right places with their fingers

5. Collin

Collin Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2010
    Graphic Designer/Illustrator/Art Director
    Colorado Springs, CO
    #25 Collin, Mar 16, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
    No worries. I look forward to playing after the update.

Regarding the 5x5x5 limitation for comfort, an iPad specific level pack would be something I would be willing to buy down the road.

I know you said you didn’t have an iPad, so that might make level testing a bit difficult.

6. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Had gotten a code earlier and just been crazy busy but finally got a chance to give this a go. Excellent puzzler. The difficulty curve is perfect and controls for as perspective based game are spot on.

Highly recommended!

7. laz

laz Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Love the concept! The graphics are so slick and minimal, just my style. Very elegant game.

8. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Looks like it is getting some love from Apple. Congrats!

9. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    KirillKuzyk,

Am I correct that the game only runs of 64-bit devices, so iPad 2 & iPad 3 are not supported? If so, any chance you can lower the device requirements for the game?

10. KirillKuzyk

Apr 9, 2016
    Ukraine, Kiev
    that's cool, thanks!
    But I think the game will not became more interesting after increasing the size of field. It would be pretty much the same exact game. But bigger :)

I'm testing levels on my PC with big screen so it's not a problem :)
    Also I have an old iPad mini

thanks! I'm so excited about Apple picked up my game!

Yes, you're right. Unfortunately, it's not possible to release a 32-bit architecture builds to App Store anymore. This is Apple's deliberate choice to force developers to switch to new architecture.

11. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    #31 y2kmp3, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Very interesting to see that you used an automatic algorithm to determine the minimum number and maximum number of allowable cubes to satisfy a solution for each level.

The minimum number of cubes needed to solve a level can be easily determined mathematically without use of any algorithm to test all possible solutions:

For each row of the right- and left-sided planar projections, simply take note the MAXIMUM number of squares occupied in the same row across the two projections. Add up all of the MAXIMUMS across the five rows. This sum is the MINIMUM number of cubes needed to solve a level.

For example, take level 10... The rows of the left-sided projections have 0, 0, 1, 2, 2 squares occupied, whereas the rows of the right-sided projections have 0, 0, 2, 1, 2 squares occupied. Accordingly, the maximum number of squares occupied in the same row across these two projections are 0, 0, 2, 2, 2. The sum of these maximums are 0 + 0 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 6. Therefore, the level can be solved using a minimum of 6 cubes.

I deliberately chose not to use any mathematical notations in the explanation. These results can be easily generalizable from a 5 x 5 x 5 grid space to a n x n x n grid space. Obviously, the above method only shows the minimum number of cubes needed to solve a level but does not tell you where the cubes must be placed to satisfy the solution. An algorithm will still be needed to locate all possible variants. Nonetheless, having an easily calculable lower bound significantly cut down on the solution search, algorithmically or otherwise.

12. KirillKuzyk

Apr 9, 2016
    Ukraine, Kiev
    #32 KirillKuzyk, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Actually, my algorithm does find a places for cubes to get a solution.

Here is an algorithm in broad strokes:
    1. Find all 3D cubes that are satisfying 2 projections simultaneously (this is basically what guaranties minimum condition)
    2. Then satisfy all other projections left.

13. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Just for completion, the maximum number of cubes that can be fitted to both orthogonal projections can also be determined mathematically without use of any algorithm to test all possible solutions.

For each row of the right- and left-sided planar projections, calculate the product of the number of squares occupied in that row between the two projections. Add up all of the products across the five rows. This sum is the MAXIMUM number of cubes that can be fitted for the level.

Take the same example as before with level 10. Again, the rows of the left-sided projections have 0, 0, 1, 2, 2 squares occupied, whereas the rows of the right-sided projections have 0, 0, 2, 1, 2 squares occupied. Accordingly, the products of the number of squares occupied in these rows between the two projections are 0 x 0 = 0, 0 x 0 = 0, 1 x 2 = 2, 2 x 1 = 2, 2 x 2 = 4. The sum of these products are 0 + 0 + 2 + 2 + 4 = 8. Therefore, a maximum of 8 cubes can be fitted to the two projections.

14. deresi

deresi Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2018
    Congratulations! Your game has been introduced on the main screen of App Store in several countries.:D

15. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Just beat the game with completing all the challenges, it is really fun, I have a good time, wish there are more puzzles for the game in the future.

BTW, the GameCenter seems broken, I can’t get all achievements.

02167AC6-9E3A-48C8-8288-D1F73D1CB1CB.jpeg

AA8319C3-8FE1-46A1-AB75-42B34455E1CB.jpeg

16. KirillKuzyk

Apr 9, 2016
    Ukraine, Kiev
    your algorithm is really great solution! It's very fast and easy to compute!
    But my algorithm also shows me where to place that cubes :)

thanks! I'm so excited! I believe that the game was on main screen only in China

that's clearly a problem. Please try to restart the game with internet connection available and tell me if it will help

17. Lull4by

Lull4by Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    It doesn’t help, I play the game with internet connection all the time, I try the way you said but I still don’t get all the achievements.

18. KirillKuzyk

Apr 9, 2016
    Ukraine, Kiev
    I hope I'll be able to find and fix that bug.

This bug on iPad Pro is already fixed in the last update. I hope you'll be able to enjoy the game now. I'm very sorry for that :(

19. kaspalone

kaspalone Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    So i finished the game a few days ago, and took on the challenge of getting the mins and max. Cant wait for more levels and maybe a level editor. Community levels should be an amazing feat!