Project XCloud

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MetaGonzo, Feb 12, 2020.

1. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    So not a game itself of course but I couldn’t find a thread elsewhere so is in here where we talk about it?

Halo MCC is all we have on it so far but that’s a fair old chunk of game to be going on with.

I find the single player to be very playable with a perhaps a touch of input lag during hectic moments.

Multiplayer had rather more noticeable lag effects, especially during full auto gunfire.
    Perhaps hi octane multiplayer is never going to show off the service at its best.

Visually it’s very impressive; there’s moments where some patches of the visuals obviously have some form of compression going on (I have no idea exactly what it’s doing; I’m not tech knowledgeable) but it looks good on the big phone I’m using. Maybe pad sizes screens would show more.

I’ve only tried it on my pretty solid home connection so it’ll be interesting to see how it varies from network to network.

https://majornelson.com/2020/02/12/project-xcloud-limited-ios-testflight-preview-begins-today/