Professor Pym Official Contest - Weekly prizes and massive $10,000 super bonus prize!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by NPGames, Sep 6, 2012.

1. screamy

screamy New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    I just have receive this update about my message on facebook (about hacking issues) ...

" Yes! We've indeed seen this and there are several other scores we have doubt about. Especially after we've received from one of our players (free player as he got the game from cydia :/) an efficient method to hack the game. We cannot go further without being sure these scores are "true ones" or not. The only think we know is that it is possible or not for each level. If a clever enough cheater manage to hack with possible score each time, we have no means to check if he actually made it or not. We are discussing this point with our Legal Officer but we're afraid the contest can no longer run with this situation. Bravo cheaters! unsure ... "

So it isq clear there is a security break, incredible, when you launch such kind of contest, you should manage the security break better, and even more if someone has send you the method to hack your game OMG.

Here you can find the link to the forum post about this thread : http://forum.professorpym.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46

2. Megalitum

Megalitum Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    That's what I was afraid of. By the way, what does "free player as he got the game from Cydia" mean? It is free on appstore lol.

3. o0smoothies0o

o0smoothies0o Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    #63 o0smoothies0o, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    You're a piece of @#$% Megalitum, you are the main reason for that. Complete moron. You were too terrible at the game to play legit and beat actual players.

4. screamy

screamy New Member

Oct 12, 2012
    Megalitum are you the one who have share with the team of Professor Pym, their security break ?

5. Megalitum

Apr 2, 2011
    Ohoho. Really? I thought you are descent man lol. BUT if you think I'm the reason, let's reveal what happened.
    I found an exploit, contacted developer secretly, so they should be prepared if someone will beat all the scores on last day of contest and get the prize(you should feel pissed off in that way).
    YOU started crying and telling everyone that there's an exploit and some people using it. I'm sure other people with cheating skills are watching those forums too. I tried to calm you down by sending you a PM. Now you are crying again and decreasing the chances of running the contest on.
    In summary: I saved developers from wasting huge amount of money(and, maybe, much bigger bunch of problems than now), you shortened the contest. And now you are blaming me? That's just funny.

6. Megalitum

Apr 2, 2011
    Yes, I shared the security break, but I'm not sure that was me they were talking about, because I bought the game officially:)

7. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Look I played the game for countless hours, as did screamy so we should be pissed. The developers should simply look at our scores in determining the prize.

8. Megalitum

Apr 2, 2011
    Again: how would you feel if your score is beaten on last night, and you cannot prove that it's cheats?

9. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Well it would obviously be by cheats, but yes I would feel terrible, which is why I had to point out that you were cheating to get the scores you posted, because I played 1-10 and I know what is possible, and 24100 is the top anyone could get. The only players that even have a chance right now are the top 10 basically. If someone started right now they would have to play literally constantly to beat our scores.. we have spent so much time getting them!

10. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    I stopped playing a while back after contacting the Devs on Facebook about the cheating and having them tell me there was no hacking involved and that the scores made were attainable.

So congrats to the cheaters again......FYI I never had a chance of winning the big prize but I was having fun trying to get better scores as I told the Devs you people ruined it for everyone

11. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Only received $30 out of the $180 I won in the weekly contests from this scamming company. How low and pathetic.

12. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    No surprises there.. Not many people seemed to be entering despite the the 10k prize offerings .. I cant imagine the dev giving the 10k prize out even if there wasn't cheating happening.the 10k prize from day 1 was suss.. I didn't even try to enter because i was pretty certain this prize would never be awarded. The fact that the earlier prizes weren't given out either makes me suspect that was the plan all along.. The "professor pim" brand will be forever tarnished. Ppl who paid for the levels should probably explain what happened to apple and request a refund, and write a review in the AppStore about it. Atleast it's a start. And for the people who weren't paid their weekly winnings.. You could probably pursue it in court, the professor pim franchise would probably have to pay the court fees. But it's hardly worth it for the monetary side..but would be worth it for the principle of the matter. Anyone have a copy of the t & c? I'd be hella pissed if I spent hundreds of hours playing this stupid game, won, yet didn't get paid.

13. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    To my knowledge he's the only person who has not collected all his winnings, plus the first 10 levels were free so that $30 he got could just be for that. No one forced anyone to purchase further levels.

So writing the Appstore because you entered a contest that was canceled due to cheating makes no sense, not to mention smoothie and another player already went on a temper tantrum on their Facebook page demanding that they should be awarded prize money since they "weren't cheating" :rolleyes:

14. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    I didn't cheat, so yes I should have been awarded the prize money given the rules of the contest stated it would be awarded. Also you have no idea who got or did not get prize money HAHAHA. 'To my knowledge' you have absolutely no knowledge of it, considering you didn't win any of the weekly contests. Deadnok was a very sad boy because he had no chance of winning so he got very upset.

The t & c were in french or something so I couldn't read them, but yes the company likely scammed everyone involved. As I told them countless times, I could and would play every single level and record myself playing them with another device to prove that all of my scores were legitimate and I was leading the contest when it was canceled due to the 2 cheaters that popped up. They never responded to my pleas to give me the opportunity to prove I didn't cheat, and they said that they only canceled it because they couldn't prove anyone had legitimate scores, even though as I outlined, I could prove it through making a video and posting it to YouTube of every level, and it would take me a LONG time to do that, but I would.

I played the game for over a hundred hours as I said. I was playing for the $10,000 and all along it was a scam. I'm thinking about having a bunch of people rate it 5 stars with the same word for all of them and then contacting Apple and telling them they are clearly trying to inflate their reviews, which hopefully will get it banned. They cost me over a hundred hours of my life, and SCREAMY whom was right behind me in score. In closing, I should have won $10,180, but so far I've only got $30 from the contest.

15. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Just a question for you, did you review the game? and if so was it a 5 star review? if yes does the fact that you didn't get $10,000 cause the game to no longer be a 5 star game?

I think we all know who the sad one is here on TA is ;) hmmm lets see they canceled the contest because of cheating and you won but didn't get all your winnings even though you claim you didn't cheat..........don't know maybe they think you're a cheater too and didn't deserve any more money :eek:

you have been accused of cheating in the past :( ooooooooooh!

16. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Look man I didn't cheat, which is why I pointed out the cheaters in the first place, I was very upset I would lose to a cheater after having spent 100+ hours playing the game, and I am very upset I still haven't even received the full $180 they guaranteed to the winners of the weekly contests. I said above I could prove it too. Also no I didn't review their app, however like I said if I don't get full winnings I will do everything in my power to get it as low ratings or banned.