Professor Pym Official Contest - Weekly prizes and massive $10,000 super bonus prize!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by NPGames, Sep 6, 2012.

1. o0smoothies0o

o0smoothies0o Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    I already won all three weekly contests, so him winning them means nothing to me really, but it is unfair to the people that haven't won the weekly contests yet, as it is against the rules to win them twice. Don't you think it is unfair to Dreadnok, he hasn't won them yet.. I'm sure he played a long time too.

I thought that when I first started too, but no one is cheating with score, I don't think it is even possible. As far as the ones you are talking about where you are just a few points behind like on levels 1-10, those scores on most of those are literally the best you can possibly do, it's all about where and when you jump. It is incredibly hard to tie some of those scores because they are the best possible, for example several of the 1-10 I could only tie the best score because I believe whomever posted a few of those scores literally has the best possible score for that particular level.

2. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Yea I believe everyone even dreadnok should win. All the people in this contest are trying hard. They should win too.

I'm saying watch the leaderboards, you won't be in first for to long. The person behind you is like a few points behind you and watch it be like 1 point ahead of you. All I an saying is watch the boards.

I have tried every possible jump possible on the first few levels and there is one I do that I can keep getting 4 seconds behind. So i can continue to get 3 seconds or try the other way to get 4 seconds. No quicker or no slower. So idk if people are cheating, it just looks like they are cheating I guess. Let's just watch and find out.

3. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    Well I guess someone proved it's possible to cheat hahaah. 'MEGALITUM' is leading 1-10 with 24,580 which is so far from possible it is ridiculous hahaha. Also leading 11-20 with 35,505 which is also very impossible lol.

4. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    You being serious or sarcasm?

5. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    #45 o0smoothies0o, Oct 1, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    No, I'm serious, look at the scores. Anyone who's played those levels knows that is completely impossible. Not to mention that username didn't show up until today.

6. Megalitum

Megalitum Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    #46 Megalitum, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    Lol Smoothies don't be jealous. I'm perfectionist;)
    On some levels I'm the top scorer, on other I'm not. This game requires skills and right balancing between jumping wheels and walls. Also timing is very important. On different levels you have to change tactics, so if you are good in tactics for this level, you will reach the first positions for this level, but you can be bad in other tactics so you won't be leader for another level. Btw I'm playing while you are sleeping;)

7. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    No LOL you cheated, trust me I'm WELL aware of what this game requires as I've been playing it for countless hours. It isn't REMOTELY possible what you posted. Simple as that. Good job cheating. Look at the scores, the best players are just over 24000 on 1-10, and you scored 24580 HAHAHA, it's all good though, the developers are well aware of what is feasible, so they know your scores are not. (Hint: don't appear on the leaderboard and post a blatantly cheating score in one night lmao, literally one night you appeared on the leaderboard).

8. Virtuous

Virtuous Active Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Yeah his scores are impossible, everyone is between 23800-24050 and he got 24500, it is vastly higher for levels 1-10, along with his score on 11-20. These players have been playing for hours and hours on those levels and they don't touch this guy who just got on the leaderboard.

9. Megalitum

Apr 2, 2011
    #49 Megalitum, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
    Lolz don't panic, I have super reaction;)
    Sometimes you cannot solve the Puankare theorem, and it looks amazing that someone proved it.
    And about total score: I don't have free time for all 50 levels being completed=P

10. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Are you saying you're not going for the 10k prize? You should! You'd clearly win. If you don't have credit to buy the IAP I might be able to help you out. :) the most skilled player deserves to win! If your that skilled! Go for it! 10k is alot of money.. And there's only like 3 more weeks left until the end.

11. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    He cheated. Ask anyone who's played levels 1-10. You're right the most skilled player should win. Not the cheating player. Take it from me, I'm leading the contest currently, and I played levels 1-10 for more hours than I care to divulge because it would be embarrassing haha.

The score he posted is simply not possible for the game as it is now. Levels 1-10 the scores might be a maximum difference of 100 points, mostly it is like 50 point difference or less, between the top players, he posted a score that was literally 500 points higher. Not possible, I'm sorry.

It may sound like whining but for someone like me, who's played the game for countless hours and devoted so much time and patience to mastering the levels as best as my skill would allow, it is simply ridiculous to sit and watch someone cheat to win these contests and steal the developers contest prizes. I welcome the challenge of legit players, like Screamy, who's made me have to play constantly to keep up with his scores, but not a blatant cheater who posted a score that was impossible, and was on the leaderboard in a few short hours. (the top players have been on the leaderboard for weeks, you don't just post those scores in a single night, it isn't possible, it takes so much time and retries to perfect it).

12. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Well if it's that easy to cheat, couldn't someone just like.. Copy your score and add a few points so it looks real?
    Couldn't that mean you could be cheating? (or anyone with a good but "realistic/possible score)
    It's weird the dev would give out 10k as a prize if it could be cheated so easily.
    Besides, giving out 10k for a small contest is kinda ludicrous. I already suspect foul play.
    But I guess we will see what happens when the contest is over but I'd be very surprised if some "mystery" character pops up at the last minute and takes the win.

13. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    I don't have any idea how he cheated, I didn't think it was possible until he posted that score, but I can tell you 100% that isn't possible, all you have to do is look at the scores for 1-10 and 11-20 where he posted impossible scores. Everyone who's played those levels for weeks has around 500 less than he does. He literally came on the leaderboard in one night, which if you were to get the lead, and have more points than I do, I assure you it would take a lot more than one night. I played 1-10 for SO many hours to master them as best I could, and most levels I could only tie the best scores.

And yes, if the person who was cheating wasn't a moron, and actually had some knowledge of the game and what it takes to get the scores they would have posted a score just a few points above mine, which would be possible, but this person had no idea what they were doing, and posted a score 500 points above mine... hahaha. I would have still assumed they were cheating if they did that though, just because that person literally showed up on the leaderboard in one night, which as I said would not be possible to beat the top scorers who spent countless hours on each level.

14. DrPixel

DrPixel Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2011
    Student
    Arizona, USA
    #54 DrPixel, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
    After about 30 minutes of play I'm at (EDIT: Looking at GC, not the site) #8 and #15 respectively for Levels 1-10 (weekly and all-time).....but I seriously doubt I can top the top scores. D:

I'd buy the two level packs to help support you devs for the fun game (and very competitive challenge I see!), but iTunes is being funky with my credit card info so I can't buy anything at the moment.

Good luck to everyone! And Megalitum, I seriously DO wonder how you got 800 more points than me on one level. 0_o

15. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    According to the site they gave Megalitum a prize, sorry Dreadnok and you guys that actually played the game legit for hours. Megalitum cheated without a doubt, he stole your prize.

16. armoko

armoko Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    That's sad! I paid money to unlock new levels and spent a lot of time trying to beat the high score. I'm only #7

17. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    #57 o0smoothies0o, Oct 7, 2012
    I'm with you, I've spent SO much time playing this game it is ridiculous. I had already won the first 3 contests so it didn't matter to me, but I know there are people who played and spent hours playing legit like I did and they deserve to win those prizes, not someone using an exploit somehow.

18. Megalitum

Apr 2, 2011
    #58 Megalitum, Oct 7, 2012
    Waiting for the dev's post;)

19. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    So who was right in the end? Found out someone cheated.

20. o0smoothies0o

Jun 28, 2012
    We have a new cheater folks! 'NIKODESTRUK' posted impossible scores on all levels 1-50 hahah. This is absolutely ridiculous, and it better not change the contest which I've spent over a hundred hours playing for the past month to win the prize.