Professional Writing for your Game or App!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by bastian.walker, Jun 23, 2017.

1. bastian.walker

Dec 19, 2016
    #1 bastian.walker, Jun 23, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
    Hello developers! I am a professional writer, with six years of experience creating written content. I've done work in the gaming industry, and for mobile devices. I understand the difficulties of getting professional-level writing content into most games, unless the development team has a dedicated writer on staff. Because of this, I am offering my services to fill that need for developers who may require them. Here's what I can offer your development team:

Scriptwriting
    Scriptwriting is a form of creative writing that tells a story. If you've got a game that needs any kind of plot or story, and you're not sure how you want to tell it, leave it to me. I can create a custom script for your game that tells whatever kind of story you like, from light-hearted RPG games, to serious plots, and everything in between. I have years of experience in creative writing and telling stories, and I can craft something interesting and exciting, specifically for you, that can be as long (or as short!) as you need it to be.

Copywriting
    Want something created that's a bit more technical, but not sure exactly how to put it into words? Have a tutorial you need explaining to your players? Need an advertisement written for your game, or a description for an online storefront? Want a catchy slogan or tagline for your game? I can help you with copywriting.

Editing/Proofreading
    If you've already written your project, but you need someone to examine it thoroughly for mistakes or errors, I can provide this service. Much of my career has involved editing work, so if you're not sure before you hit the big button, let me take a look, and I'll make sure it's ready for print.

In-depth Critique
    This service is for developers who need the perspective of a person who can provide insight about their game from both a player's and critic's perspective. I can provide a full write-up, detailing the pros and cons of your current build, including critical judgement of what parts of your game work well, and what could use some help. I also love to pitch new ideas that you may not have considered. If you're not sure about a game mechanic, you need a new direction, or you just need to know if something is fun or not, this is something I can help you with.

Written Reviews
    This one is fairly simple. I can provide a lengthy review of your game, with honest input and an unbiased assessment of your work. This is often a quick job, if you're looking for some insight and a posted review on your choice of available online storefront.

Pretty much anything else that requires letters in a specific order to convey meaning.
    Got something else in mind that needs words? I'm sure we can figure it out.

Projects can be per word, or a flat fee for each task, depending on what type of project you need. Rates typically depend on the scale of the project, but are always reasonable, and I can absolutely work within large or small budgets. Feel free to post here, or contact me at [email protected] if you'd like to work with me, or if you'd like to ask for more information. Best regards!