Problems Restarting iTouch

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by powderski11, Mar 16, 2009.

1. powderski11

powderski11 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I was playing payback, and it crashed to the spring board so i decided to restart.
    I turned off the iPod and then turned it on again.
    It displayed the apple logo, like it usually does when you turn it on, but it never got to the homescreen.
    Instead, the apple logo disappeared for about a second and then reappered. After a while it would dissappear, then reappear... so on.
    I held the home button and the top button for six seconds and got it completely off so as not to drain my battery by showing the apple logo a million times.
    It would be great if anyone could help me get to the springboard.

2. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    You're stuck in an endless loop. You're gonna have to restore.

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Restore your ipod, this has happened to me,

4. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Does iTunes recognize the ipod? If it does just do a normal restore. If it doesn't then you will have to put your ipod in DFU mode or restore mode and then restore the device. I prefer to put it in restore mode as that is easier.

5. powderski11

Nov 16, 2008
    iTunes doesnt recognize the iPod. How do i put it in restore mode?

6. crimson.

crimson. Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I don't have one...
    In AMERICA.
    To put it into DFU mode you hold the power and home buttons for ten seconds, then let go of the power button but continue holding the home button for an additional 30 seconds. Then just connect to iTunes and restore.

7. powderski11

Nov 16, 2008
    K restored using DFU mode. Thank you all for the help!

Too bad i had to restore though. I had data in apps that will surely be gone (e.g. i had beatmaker songs that i hadnt synced back to the computer). It makes me wonder if there could ever be a way to sync data within apps back to the computer when the ipod is plugged in, so as not to lose it if your ipod crashes. Just a thought.

8. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I know you have restored your iPod but for future reference you put your iPod in restore mode by turning it off, holding the homw button, while holding the home button plug it into a usb cord connected to your computer, and keep holding the home button until a picture of a usb cable and an iTunes logo to pop up.

Hope that wasn't too confusing