Problems playing games on iPad with no internet

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Fangbone, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    My internet is currently out due to inclement weather and I'm trying to play a game on my iPad. First I tried Bug Heroes 2 and upon opening the app I was asked to enter my iTunes account password. Well since my internet is out I hit cancel and the app shut down and redirected me back to the home screen. Then I tried Kingdom Rush Origins. Same thing happened. Tried a few other games with the same results. I've never experienced this before and am not sure what's going on. Anyone ever experience this or have any insight on what is going on?

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Have you tried playing them in airplane mode?

I've not experienced that before, I'd expect it to happen with games that need a connection but I don't see why you shouldn't be able to play the other stuff offline. Weird.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Shortly after I posted this my internet came back on. Opened up Bug Heroes 2 and was asked for my iTunes password again. Entered it and the game started up. Tried a few other games and they worked. Guess if it ever happens again I'll try it in airplane mode.