PRO ZOMBIE SOCCER! preview!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kikekun, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    can i post an idea for a video?

2. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    It´s better if you send it to us at: contest(at)prozombiesoccer.com
    Thanks!

3. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    #103 Kikekun, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
    Aaaand here it is! A new Zombie Story!
    This time we feature the winner of last week´s contest. More to come!
    And just remember the contest will be still on until the game´s release, so keep the scripts coming! We are getting seriously funny stuff :)

4. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    Graphics and Artwork - Simply Mindblowing
    Menu Design - Brilliant
    Music - Amazing
    Gameplay - Really fun

You guys have to get this game when it hits the stores!

5. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    I want this very badly!!! :mad:

6. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Ah so I guess you finally got the BETA? :rolleyes:

Took a bit of nagging? :p

And yeah, I know, it's awesomly awesome... so much fun, tons of gameplay time.

7. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Ok guys, to celebrate something BIG coming to PZS, we are gonna give away 5 Pro Zombie Soccer demos to the first 5 people who send me a private message just asking for it. That way you´ll be able to see by yourselves what the buzz with this game is about :D

Good luck!

8. Ren

Ren Active Member

Mar 30, 2009
    PM sent :)

9. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    PM sent as well!

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    PM sent, though I doubt that I made it :(.

11. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    PM sent and received :D

12. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #112 Somerandomdude, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
    This game is so awesome... Can't wait to see how the game turns out when it's released...

I'll put up a gameplay video for you guys later.

EDIT: Just finished filming the video, now to upload to youtube. I'll post the video here when it's up.

13. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    All the demo slots gone for now, guys! Thanks for the fantastic response.:)
    We hope you enjoy our game...just rest assured the final thing will be even more awesome!

14. Ingwersen

Ingwersen Active Member

Sep 27, 2009
    This is a blast and plays so smoothly. At times I had to pinch my iPhone to check if it was still in fact made of glass and plastic and not from the hide of young children!
    And this is only the demo-version, perhaps my relationship will be in danger come release time, due to over zealously petting of iPhone instead of girlfriend.

Having a lot of papers to write here in the first weeks of the year, but will soon post an in depth review of demo AND send a letter of thank you (and notes) to the devs.

Keep this up and you'll ruin my life for sure :)

Best regards
    last weeks winner :-D

15. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    The video should be up pretty soon... about 43 minutes left in upload... Youtube's taking forever to upload this video. It's a bit over 7 minutes long and shows the first 2 levels (just to show all the basic abilities in the game. The 3rd level just puts them to the test and the 4th is just something else... awesome). I had to pick my iPod up and take it off camera while aiming the satellite attack since it was straight upright, so it just kept going to the bottom so I couldn't highlight all my targets. You can see the attack in action, just not the targeting process.

And as of now, the piercing ball is my personal favorite. Just mows down crowds of zombies with ease... too fun.

Any plans for upgradeables? Maybe you could purchase new weapons inbetween levels and level up stuff like charge speed, return speed, and power? Just a suggestion, but it might take away from the arcade-y feeling of the game. Just throwing it out there.

Let me say that overall, I'm loving this game. It's fantastic. My one thing would be if we could have an option to scroll the control stick, since sometimes I'll have the kick lined up to take down a zombie with a headshot and I'll hit the button and it'll aim somewhere else. Having this option would reduce this sort of thing a bit, and still allow for fast paced action, but just allow us to turn it off because I really like the control scheme despite that one thing. Other than that, everything is great. The attacks feel balanced perfectly so that it's not too fast or too long until you get the ball back from a kick, there's a great amount of zombie variety including 2 bosses in the demo alone. Each zombie feels completely different and makes you change your strategy in order to survive, which is a great accomplishment. I especially like the big hard hat zombie, which feels almost like a mini boss to me. The power ups feel awesome, and none feel too over or underpowered. From what I saw, the storyline is great so far. It's ridiculous, but it keeps you paying attention to it and isn't some "oh, well there's also a story but who cares" kind of thing, like in Blades of Fury (where I found myself ignoring the fragments of storyline). This had me reading each and every line of the cutscene, and I really look forward to seeing what happens after the demo levels. Having that small story event in 3-1 really boosted the story's compellingness (Ok, I made up a word) that much.

Simply put, go buy this when it comes out.

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Here's the video:

If it's not showing, it just uploaded and is still processing.

17. Mimis09

Mimis09 Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Looks absolutely interesting!

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Just got through the demo (thanks Kikekun) and I agree wholeheartedly with Somerandomdude: we're in for a treat when the full game comes out. This game takes 2D graphics to a whole new level on the platform; it starts with a simple gameplay concept and adds depth to it by 1) incorporating it into a well crafted, funny story with memorable characters, 2) adding awesome powerups, and 3) giving us a varied array of zombies (each with different abilities, defense, and vulnerabilities) to kill. I'm not really a huge fan of survival games, but this just a different beast altogether. Can't wait to play the whole thing.

19. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    #119 kohjingyu, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
  20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What he said! :p

Very slickly presented with pretty straight forward and intuitive controls. I love the variety of zombies that have different speeds, defenses, abilities so it doesn't simply feel like you're just knocking down the same guys over and over.

My only whine so far, as cute and cleverly done as the cut-scene/comic stuff is that pops up in between levels, it is a lot to click through. I'm hoping in the full released version there will be an option to more easily skip past them.