PRO ZOMBIE SOCCER! preview!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kikekun, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    It's sounding better and better. Will be waiting... Just don't rush it which you seem not to be doing. :)

2. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Nice news guys ! thanks in advance for your hard work on this promising game, i'm drooling now :D

;)

3. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    #243 Kikekun, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    I´ve got a question for the people who already tried the demo version of Pro Zombie Soccer. It would be quite helpful to us if you can give us your opinion on this:
    Would you prefer if the zombies don´t kill you at the first touch? We are thinking on implementing let´s say a "second chance", so when a zombie gets to you, you character performs a kick that kills that zombie and some on the vicinity, but you can only use it once per level.
    That way we´d make the game a bit more friendly and enjoyable? Or not really? haha.

Opinions?

Thanks a lot!:)

4. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    I think it would be best if that was an option that could be turned on or off, even given a number (say in the options menu you get to choose how many times that happens), but not automatically implemented.

It's a really good idea, but you don't want to make things TOO easy for those who want a big challenge :p

5. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    I think the current difficulty level is fine, giving a "second chance" will kind of make it pretty easy. And whatever you do, make it universal, don't make it as an option.

6. veecheech

veecheech Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Minnesota
    I do have to disagree, the reasons for making it an option are many.

This allows people to essentially make themselves invincible, maybe could be unlocked after beating the game. The more options that a gamer has for the unique gameplay experience, the better. I personally wouldn't use it, but I can imagine that plenty of people would enjoy it and I honestly wouldn't mind having one more option to differentiate gameplay in the settings menu.

Just what I think, but I definitely don't see any issue with having it as an option. I don't think that this particular setting should be universal at all, because it would make the game too easy. If it is available as an option, then the player can tailor the experience to their needs.

7. thegamerocks06

thegamerocks06 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Student
    India
    The reason I wouldn't like it as an option is because you'd need different leaderboards for each difficulty levels which IMO wouldn't be fun.

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

EDIT: all that veecheech said basically.

9. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #249 Mattosai, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
    I'm not beta testing the game but what about difficulty levels at start ? > on easy mode, you get a second chance, while in normal mode you die if a zombie jumps on you ? :b

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I'd say make it an option. In the level select menu, have a small box on the bottom that you can check off to enable a second chance mode. Then, when you get hit by a zombie, you take damage and gain invincibility for a few minutes where every zombie that runs into you for about 10 seconds is automatically killed. That way, you have a chance to recover from your mistakes, but doesn't make the game easy once you get hit.

11. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    any new news on this awsome looking game? must play it! NEEEEOW!!!!!

12. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    We want Zombies, we want Soccer, we want PRO ZOMBIE SOCCER.

13. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

OMG! This game looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun! Graphics look really good!

14. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    #254 Kikekun, May 6, 2010
    Last edited: May 7, 2010
    Hahaha...Ok, not a lot left to do, working hard in the game, hopefully will be released at the end of this month:D
    Sorry for answering always the same, but I honestly can´t tell you much more for the moment!

Ok, so for making it up a bit with you guys, I´m gonna give you a little present just for a limited time (if the music guys know about this they are going to kill me! haha). This is Pro Zombie Soccer main theme for you to download and enjoy in full. I´ll remove it from the server in some hours, so grab it now!
    By the way, the game´s awesome original soundtrack will be available soon too:)

LINK REMOVED (It was available only for a limited time). Sorry!

Thanks!

15. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    AwesomeIEEE do now
    I think a while back you released a teaser music file, if this is the same one, it's epic

16. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Sick! The music was one of the parts that really stood out while I was playing this game. Instead of the typical either techno or orchestral stuff while fighting the undead, rock blares in the background. Gotta love it.

Good luck getting it through submission!

17. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    The other teaser was a mix of various themes on the PZS OST and this one wasn´t included there, so it´s an all new, full theme for you guys to enjoy:)

18. aznriceboi13

aznriceboi13 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    to die
    where rice paddies grow...
    That was either equally or greaterly epic than the first teaser :D
    reminded me of intense chase scene

19. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    That music started a party in my skull!

20. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Haha...thanks for the comments, guys.
    I´m sorry, but I have to remove the PZS theme from the server, as it was only available to download for a limited time:)
    Glad you liked it!