Universal Pro Strategy Football 2019 (by Pro Strategy Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Aug 29, 2018.

1. ProStrategyFootball

ProStrategyFootball Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    #41 ProStrategyFootball, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    The Steam version has Cloud support and "Analyze Game" (which will simulate your exact setup - scenario, weather, etc 100 or 1000 times and give you a predicted point spread). The "Analyze Game" is really cool for letting you experiment with different coaching options (I call them Game Plans in PSF) and see how each would work, before you start the game. I'm planning on adding the same for analyzing a season. Of course, Cloud support is excellent - I play PSF on both my PC and my Mac, and it's nice that I can resume a saved game or career on either one.

It was my goal to also implement Steam Workshop, but my injury put a stop to that. :-( However, Steam offers me a lot more development options, which I'll continue pursuing in the future, including workshop and multiplayer.

Now, all that said, the mobile version has all the main features, and I love having it with me!

Thanks, great question!

2. Microbc

Microbc New Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Male
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I would love to see these features added to the iOS version.

I use an iPad Pro as my laptop replacement when traveling and would love to be able to have one career that I could play between a pc and the iPad.

The analyze feature would be awesome on the iPad too!

The multi-player isn’t something that I desire but i’m sure many folks do.

Loving the game, hadn’t upgraded the last few years but have purchased several past years.

This version, with the real rosters and graphics made this a must buy.

3. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks! Right now, I'm using Steam Cloud. While files are compatible, I'm not sure how I'd have a shared cloud between desktops and iPads, but I can think about that for next year. Thanks again!

4. Microbc

Microbc New Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Male
    Possibly allow files to be saved in iCloud which is also accessible from windows, or Microsoft OneDrive which can also be accessed by iOS devices.

5. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Oh man, that's a great idea! D'oh! I'll have to see how I can do that ...

Thanks!

6. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Gwarmaxx likes this.
  7. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Is there a website or anything that has detailed instructions for importing the images into an iPad? Sorry for the dumb question, I have the game as all the previous, and love it but would really like to update the images. Thanks

8. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Great work as usual my friend. Love returning back to this series year after year with the incremental updates and optimization that is added. One day I'll have to buy the Steam version, but for now it's fun as hell simming season after season on my phone. It's not as in-depth as say, OOTP or Football Manager, but that might be a good thing. The balance between the roster management and actual in-game management is perfect, IMO.

9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    pretty simple: go to iTunes file sharing or through apps like iFunbox on PC/Mac, create a new folder inside "images" one, call it i.e. nfl2018 (but never delete the default one), put inside it all the unzipped images from the file provided by PSF in his post (download it from that link in the post above yours), then open the game, click on "select image set", click on the name of your newly created folder (with all new images), and it's done!

skoptic likes this.
  10. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks much! I'll keep working to improve it, and keep your suggestions coming. I really appreciate your loyalty, and I hope you really enjoy this year's game! I have some ideas for next year, but am always open to more. Thanks again!

11. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks! You explained it better than I can! I need to create "how to" videos. I hope to have time this weekend. Thanks again, and spsummer, I'll keep trying to streamline the process. Thanks!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  12. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Quick update. I've just released a small patch.

Enhancements:
    - Any new games you play will display the tackler or sacker
    - Added Scout button to more Career screens
    - Improved AI logic regarding going for two points

thanks,
    Kerry

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  13. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I didn’t get to buy last years version since my daughter was born but now that things are settling down. Sort of... I did get this version and love all the user submitted image files which are so much fun to try!

It’s truiy amazing to think about how far you’ve taken the game over the years! Congrats! Love this game and makes any business trip I have to take go by quicker especially on my flights!

14. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Grats on your daughter! And thanks for your support, of course!

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and I'll work to make each year better.

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I got this just got my edits done using a link from this forum and all is good except the Baltimore ravens are the Baltimore Bills everything else is kosher and I can figure it out how to change them to ravens not bills logos all that good just the name
    Any help?

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I have now downloaded a few league files and no matter what I always end up with Baltimore Bills :( everything else is perfect can’t figure out why and nothing I do works

17. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    #57 ProStrategyFootball, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    That's really weird! Ok, I just pulled up one of the custom leagues, and sure enough, it says Baltimore Bills! I exported it to csv, changed the name to Ravens, imported it, and created a new league. I just uploaded it on my next post.

Thanks for letting me know!

18. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    I took one of the leagues that's being shared and renamed Baltimore Bills to Baltimore Ravens. Unzip this and put the lgs file in your leagues folder.

Attached Files:

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks so much! This game is really good and I am enjoying it a lot so far

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    The new file solved the issue! Thanks so much for this awesome game! I do play by play for football on the radio
    and this is excellent.