Universal Pro Strategy Football 2019 (by Pro Strategy Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gwarmaxx, Aug 29, 2018.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Done... While I couldn't get ifunbox or iexplorer to work, I was able to copy and paste the images into icloud and able to select all the image files in the icloud into the PSF2019 on by phone option and paste into a new folder called NFL. The challenge I had was just being a bit confused on how to launch a new season or continued season with the new images. I figured it out and it worked! So cool...

You might not remember me but this was exactly how Out of the The BallPark (OOTP) and Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) allowed users to share edited teams and it truly made the overall experience that much more "real". --- You did it!!! Congrats buddy!

ProStrategyFootball likes this.
  2. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Sorry, another question about images. I believe when I played with default images the end zone would say the team mascot or team name I can’t remember. I continued my league with new images from the google link and started the niners vs Kansas City and at least one of the end zones is now all red. Not sure if this is just how these images come out for all end zones or one side or maybe I need to copy and past the default end zones into the nfl images to get the default end zones again.

Do you know what the default endzones are for each team colors or team name/logo etc...?

3. ProStrategyFootball

ProStrategyFootball Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks much!! I didn't notice this second page, LOL. I'm so glad you have it going!

No, I didn't know that about OOTP or PES, that's great to know!

Ok, on the images, the problem is that the game sees "custom" end zones in your NFL folder, so it uses those. By default, it uses its own blank images and writes the names on them, but since I have to assume that custom end zones have helmets, names, etc, I don't write names on them.

The best solution is to delete all "endzone" images from your NFL folder, and you'll be good to go!

I asked that fellow to remove them from his folder, and he says he has now. And I think I'll change my own code to use blank images and color them on the fly (if no custom ones found), in case you change colors.

4. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Will this “downloader” work using just an iPad? Hoping!

5. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I deleted the end zone images from the google file and it went back to the default. The game against Kansas City says Kansas’s City one end zone the other said Commanders I think. Any chance the default endzones could just be the city name?

Or has anyone seen other end zone images for us to try? I don’t know how to
    Create or find endzone images.

6. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    I tried just using my iPhone and could get the team file to work but not images. After downloading images from my computer and putting into iCloud I was able to copy and paste from iPhone iCloud to iPhone PSF2019 folder.

shfrost likes this.
  7. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    You know, that's a good idea for a setting! Thanks!

8. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Yeah, I need to update the instructions, but I'm out of town. It's more involved on the iPhone than on Windows.

Basically, iTunes won't let you open subfolders, so you're left with a few choices:
    1) use something other than iTunes, like iFunBox or iExplore
    2) use iTunes to put the custom_image folder in the PSF2019 folder, but then open the Files app on your phone and move the new folder under the "images" folder, where it needs to be
    3) just use the Files app to do everything, but connect to your iCloud, Dropbox, etc to get the files.

I am researching other options. I really do want to make this very simple and transparent.

Thanks!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  9. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    Files app works really fine for me... or an old version of iFunbox.

ProStrategyFootball likes this.
  10. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey, if you want to check out another set of images (VERY nice images!) of actually different fields and end zones per team, here's the link from a fan. The snow and rain fields are quite different than my default ones, but these look GREAT!

For now, to switch image sets on a league, you have to "edit" the league and manually type in the name of the image set you want. And you can't change the image set for your career after it's started. I'm working to redesign that, missed that one!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iRPhcy0U5ZhU89rpKC4j_G_q_XDe428l/view

11. imdakine1

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks for the tip! The images of the field are great especially the end zones! Super cool.

12. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    I’ll wait for an iPad auto-installer. I have faith that it’s coming. Right, Mr. Dev?

13. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    I wish I could, but unfortunately, I can't promise it'll come any time soon. I work on the game on the side, and my real job is picking up really hot for the next couple of months.

I'm going to see if something like Amazon S3 would be easy for me to implement, we'll see.

shfrost and Gwarmaxx like this.
  14. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    I agree, I love the new image set!! Now I hope someone actually customizes the stadiums at the ends - you could add team logos, banners, etc.

And I hope that eventually someone creates other types of players and fields (muddy fields, fantasy players, etc).

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  15. shfrost

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Well, I’ll continue to hope. Thanks for your response and continued attention to the forum. Much appreciated.

16. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Thank you! Believe me, I do want to make it automatic, so thanks for asking. Thanks again!

Chiller ONE likes this.
  17. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Does this version have iPhone X support?

I loved the previous game, one of my favorite mobile games of that year, the lack of iPhone X support was the only bad thing I had to say about it.

18. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Yep! That was one of my top priorities! I have an iPhoneX as well. You'll like the new wider screens!

Thanks!

19. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    I'm next going to work on a video explaining how to get image sets on to your device, in your game. This video shows the fun of switching image sets.

shfrost likes this.
  20. Microbc

Microbc New Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Male
    What, if any, are the differences between the iOS and steam versions?