Universal Pro Strategy Football 2018 (by Pro Strategy Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by DTK, Nov 19, 2017.

1. ProStrategyFootball

ProStrategyFootball Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Thanks! I'd love to create basketball and baseball games, but unfortunately, life has gotten so that I get to work on the game only on weekends and occasional nights, so I don't know when I'd be able to! :) I do hope to add more flexibility to PSF next year, so that people can create college leagues, etc, and I've already gotten some ideas from folks to add to the career option (like the idea above where you can change your coaching strategies during a season).

I don't remember the "team needs" but I like the idea!

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    In a future game be great if you could sign FAs as well. Perhaps get lucky with a decent signing etc

3. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Yes, I agree. Sometime soon, I’d like to start batting around design ideas on that. Thanks!

4. garyhe23

garyhe23 Member

Jan 28, 2013
    This game is awesome!!!! I played Seahawks and the Wilson was just doing what he usually does! Unbelievable!

One more suggestion, if we can add a fe very simple commentary, like “touchdown”, “first down”, that will be even more great.

5. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Glad you’re enjoying it! I actually started on the commentary sounds, using older sounds I have, but ran into a few issues. I’ll look into it again after the holidays. I’d like to get crowd noise in, too, but to do that, I have to change to a different sound library, which I will do at some point.

Have fun!

6. garyhe23

garyhe23 Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Thank you so much for the reply, looking forward to the next big update! Go Hawks!

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I used to play game by game but i quite enjoy simming seasons and doing more a 'GM' type role. Love the stats it compiles.

However ! Once you get to about season 150 (!) the players ages are 256 rather than 25. So you draft someone and they have a great year but then they go down so low as they're obviously ancient.

Could you look at this ? I know i've simmed so many seasons (again the stats are fascinating) but i think i've broken it now as all drafted players are 256 years old etc

Love the game !

8. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Oops! I'll have to check that, sounds like I goofed up. So, I have to duplicate it first, which means 150 seasons, LOL! But I'll get it.

Thanks!

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    No worries. I was getting quite addicted to playing as a 'GM' and loving the stats i was getting ! Quite a few rookies now seem to be 257 years old in the draft and also on my team.

Also while you're here !

If you go to History/Teams Players, click on your team and then click on Players

You can see all the stats but QB's show Int TD's to the right (Should be TD's Int). If you then click on a player it shows their year by year stats but here its right (TDs Int)

Could you change the career page for QB's to be TDs Int (as its the opposite at the moment)

Thanks !

10. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Sure thing, thanks! I need to capture all these notes from people into my list. I'm going to try to consolidate notes today, since I'm off work today.

11. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey, quick update! In addition to immense customization options, PSF 2019 now has sound commentary ("First Down!") and crowd noise!

A fan has provided me fantastic images for the in-game helmets, player sprites, and even the chains and footballs. In addition, all the UI pieces are now customizable! You can have any number of image sets (folders), each having any or all end zones, helmets, player sprites, even fields, and can point any number of leagues to any image sets you choose. Have a few leagues that use "old school" helmets, players, etc (oh, and did I mention you can also change the UI colors for each team?), and a few real leagues that have real players names, real helmets, etc.

In fact, that same fan has already tested out a full set of real helmets and player images, and it looks beautiful! I can't ship those due to licensing, but they'll be out there.

Oh, and now, in addition to editing leagues, you can edit each year's draft pool. It's a csv file, you simply edit it to put in real college players' names and ratings, and then pull it into the game!

More new coming!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  12. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Excellent news, and good to see your continued support! I’ll be firing this up again soon.

ProStrategyFootball likes this.
  13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    great news!!! i can't wait to play this new version.

ProStrategyFootball likes this.
  14. garyhe23

garyhe23 Member

Jan 28, 2013
    Where to get the 2019 version?

15. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    not released yet

16. ProStrategyFootball

Feb 8, 2013
    Oh, I shouldn’t post when tired, LOL! Yes, these will be features in the 2019 version, which I’ll be selling in August!