Universal Prizefighters (by Koality Game)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KoalityGame, Dec 14, 2017.

1. KoalityGame

KoalityGame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    #21 KoalityGame, Dec 19, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
    Appreciate the insight, Spooky. In Prizefighters, I made sure that everything in the game can be accessed without paying and that nothing is forced. I would love to keep it that way so I will add in an option to double coins and see how that goes :)

Thanks for the support!

2. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Coin doubler is a solid idea s long as it doesnt speed up progression too much. Maybe you can increase it incriments (10, 20, etc % more coins or xp) so people can invest more if they want for speed or support without taking away too much from the game. Another possible IAP would be to make all skill resets free. I'm all for making the game experience better for the money i spend; as long as it doesnt make the game too easy or boring in the process. You have a solid difficulty ramp so I wouldnt want to mess with that too much, but hey you gotta eat right? :)

Fair enough and I like the idea of having opponents randomly generated to allow for variations in play. However, having key battles at major bouts feels important for theming. At first this could be very unique color palettes, but giving them special abilities would be awesome.

An example would be 'Baron von Bytes' very pale boxer with tiny red pixel fangs (same build a look of other boxers aside from these fangs; tiny unique identifier). Has a special ability that when he hits you with a punch, he gains back a small amount of health.

Something like might be hard to program, but maybe you could do simpler changes like some is immune to body blows or dodges all uppercuts.

The ideal situation is unique fighting styles ala punch out, but that might be unrealistic for now.

Honestly these are just things to make it better. The game as it stands is tons of fun and such a great spot to build upon thats its hard not to think of fun ideas!

3. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    I agree with not wanting to mess with the difficulty ramp. Making skill resets free is also a great suggestion so I'll think of some type of premium package that will allow support without making the game too easy.

Haha! I love your examples and they are certainly doable. Adding a simple cosmetic change is a great idea and simple to do, as well as programming in certain abilities to make them more unique. I will definitely keep these in mind as I continue developing and improving on the game.

4. scape211

scape211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    Graphic Designer
    Some other fun names to think on:

Mikey 'The Iron' Stomach: Blocks all body blows

Billy McDuck: Dodges (or ducks lol) all uppercuts

haha i love cheesy names and dad humor if its not obvious ;)

5. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    I beat career mode and it gave me the option to defend my title or to retire and face harder opponents. I cannot find the option to retire. Where can the retire option be found?

6. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Congrats! The retire button is located at the bottom of the stats screen (far right button in the customize player menu). What was your final record and fight time?

[​IMG]

7. lancheta

lancheta Well-Known Member

May 20, 2012
    Thank you #

Attached Files:

8. monetarydread

monetarydread Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Idea

I don’t know if this would break the game, but I keep levelling up and there is nothing to do because the skill tree is filled up. I think a neat idea would be that for every level past 6 you earn you can unlock the chance to add one point to the max of a certain rating. For example, a “balanced” character can only put 9 points into endurance, but when you hit level 7 you can unlock the ability to put 10 points into endurance.

9. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    That's a pretty cool idea. I think it would become a bit too unbalanced though if you were able to max out every stat. It won't be in the next update, but I'll try to think of something for the player after unlocking all the skills in the skill tree. Just curious, what did you think of the different skills and was it a tough choice to decide between them?

10. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
    Forced ads?

11. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    No forced ads. They're completely optional, unprompted, and rewarded.

12. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male

Thankyou, downloading right now.

13. spooky23

spooky23 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2011
    New update!

14. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Yup! Here are the full patch notes:

1.0.1 Patch Notes

- Next challenger is randomly selected from the top 10 ranking when defending the title
    - Career opponents will improve after suffering a loss. No more bullying!
    - More stamina is drained when punched in the body
    - Fixed judge's scoring for knockdowns: 2 point deduction for 1 knockdown, 3 point deduction for two knockdowns
    - Added a 1% chance of knockdown for all power punches in addition to chance of knockdown from Chin rating
    - The computer is less likely to stay down after just one knockdown
    - Only 75% of health relative to your endurance bar is recovered after knockdowns. Health still fully recovers between rounds.
    - New Coin Doubler IAP: Double the amount of coins earned after fights
    - Added 8 New Flags: Bosnia, Colombia, Hong Kong, Kuwait, Malaysia, Peru, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland
    - Added new sounds for leveling up and getting stunned
    - Added more newspaper headlines for specific situations
    - Added 7 new achievements
    - Scaled in health bars when playing in landscape mode
    - Fixed rank 10 opponent Strength and Endurance setting to zero
    - Fixed Arcade mode opponents stats setting to zero
    - Fixed camera shift speed when dodging

Please let me know if you are experiencing any new bugs or issues and I will try to fix it ASAP. As always, your input will help make Prizefighters the best it can be!

15. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    A minor update should be coming in the next day or so that explains Endurance a bit better since I've been getting a lot of reviews asking how to get back up from a knockdown. I've also been working towards a much bigger update that will include online PVP, at the least on a local network. Here's small preview of it in action:

[​IMG]

Looking forward to hearing your guys thoughts!

16. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

sweet!!!

17. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Cool game. I was wondering as the developer, what is your preference of the swipe sensitivity. I have been messing around with it going from the original 50% and trying it on 100%. I think I like 100%. I am playing on a Iphone 6pl.

18. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    I like playing on 100% sensitivity as well, but I think it depends on your comfort level with the controls. If you find yourself dodging when you don't intend to, that's when I would turn the sensitivity down.

19. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Ok. thanks so much

20. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    I want try the multiplayer!