Universal Prizefighters - 2D Arcade Boxing Game coming December 14th! (by Koality Game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KoalityGame, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoalityGame

KoalityGame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Great suggestion ananomoose! At the moment, the screen's horizontal split is actually a bit lower than halfway so that it's a bit easier to reach using your thumbs. In the future I may add in the option to allow the user to adjust exactly where on the screen they want to split the controls horizontally and vertically.

2. gondra

gondra New Member

Nov 18, 2017
  3. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Added you to the list, thanks!

4. W8rd3

W8rd3 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Human paper weight
    In a human dwelling
    Thank youuu! Can't wait to try it!:D

5. Stag

Stag Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2017
    Prizefighters

Hello...this game looks cool. Punch out on the old school NES is a classic. Would love to beta test.
    [email protected].

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Awesome! Go m snes classic and dyin or on the go punch out. Is this a premium or F2P?

7. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    #27 KoalityGame, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Added you to the list!

It will be F2P with IAP and rewarded Ads. They are entirely optional and you can play through the full game without time any time restrictions, however, any purchases totally helps me out as a developer :)

8. spankz1208

spankz1208 Member

Dec 9, 2012
  9. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    I'd be happy to help test and give gameplay feedback ([email protected])

PunchOut is my favorite arcade game. One challenge in making a fun PunchOut type game is that the original game(s) relied on big slow powerful clumsy opponents, vs. a quick agile human-controlled opponent.

Regarding PrizeFighters, the look is spot on - especially love the funny knockdown animations.

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    So happy to hear that there are no timers/energy. MTPO was one of my favorite games growing up and cannot wait to play this.

Looks great.

11. viper827

viper827 New Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 17, 2017
    Hello, I’d love to be a beta tester #

12. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Added you to the list! Yes, it will be optimized for the iPhone X. Would love to hear any feedback in regards to how it looks on this device.

Thank you! I've seen your boxing games as well as the wrestling game that you are currently working on. The hand drawn animations are great! It's always nice to hear from another developer, I'd be happy to add you to the beta test.

Thanks! It's definitely challenging to find a balance between keeping gamers happy and at the same time being paid for the work being put into the game. As a gamer myself, I'll always try to keep it fair for both sides.

Cool, I just need your email to add you to the list :)

And a heads up for all those interested in the beta, I plan on sending out invitations around Wednesday morning, Pacific Time. Thank you all for your interest and support, I'm really excited to hear your thoughts!

13. DMarT

DMarT Member

Apr 5, 2017
    Id love to testflight this

On the original nintendo when i was 6 Punch Out was my favorite game. This takes me back to those wonderful childhood days, please send me a testflight invitation at [email protected] id love to try

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Thanks! It's definitely challenging to find a balance between keeping gamers happy and at the same time being paid for the work being put into the game. As a gamer myself, I'll always try to keep it fair for both sides.[/QUOTE]

As you should...you should always get paid for your work. Would you ever make it a paid premium game or provide an IAP for those want it premium to pay?

15. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Added you to the list!

I'm still figuring out the best way that I want to handle IAPs, but at the moment there are no forced ads and IAPs and the option to watch Ads are hidden away in a menu until the user activates it, so I think that they're both unobtrusive enough that there is no need for a premium version. Would love to hear more input from you once you try the game though!

16. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    New York, NY
    Will be happy to provide it!

17. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. Be sure to PM me your email address so you don't miss out on the beta :)

18. Loosey

Loosey New Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Why has it taken so long for someone to come up with a PUNCH OUT clone with more depth and RPG like stat progression. I love boxing games and still consider PUNCH OUT to be the best. I can not wait to try this out. This looks HELLLLLLA DOPE!

19. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    Im a regular punch out player and i love to testfights, my email is [email protected]

Looking great!

20. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    I'm not sure but I'm thankful to be the first one :D I hope that you guys will enjoy it as much as I had developing it and that it's different enough from Punch Out to be able to stand on its own.

Added you to the list!

If everything goes as planned invites will be sent out tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, Pacific Time. I just spent all day finishing up the Skill Tree. You have two unique skills to choose from per level so I'll need help from you guys to make sure that they are balanced and nothing too OP.

[​IMG]