Universal [Dec 17] Prizefighters 2 - 2D Arcade Boxing Sequel (by Koality Game)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KoalityGame, Oct 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoalityGame

KoalityGame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    title.png

Hello TA! I'm the developer of Prizefighters and Hoop League Tactics and I'm excited to share with you the next game I've been working on, Prizefighters 2!

Announcement Trailer

From the trailer you can see that I've expanded the gameplay mechanics so that your fighter isn't totally stationary in the ring. You can now move forward and backward which makes distance a factor in punching strength and KO chances. Different boxing styles will be stronger at inside/outside allowing you to choose how you want to fight in the ring. You can also punch out of a dodging position resulting in much more fluid counter attacks. It is now possible to duck your opponent and follow through with a devastating uppercut! A bluetooth gamepad can be used to control your fighter if you prefer that over on-screen buttons as well.

In terms of Career mode, it will feel like a true career progression rather than just a ladder climb like the original game. Create an amateur fighter by customizing his profile, appearance, fighting style, and starting attributes. Schedule your first fight and train in the weeks leading up to your debut. Gain experience, manage your fatigue level, and continue training for your next opponent. Fighters around you will also move up and down ranks, age, and retire. You can spectate other fights going on in the league or even your own, where the CPU will fight according to your own tendencies in past fights. I will have much more to share about Career mode as we get closer to release!

Prizefighters 2 will also have the most customization in any game I've developed. Like Hoop League, you can fully customize an entire league before entering Career mode. Set the amount of weight classes and number of fighters in each weight. Customize every fighter and how they fight in the ring. Export and share your league with members of the community or import one if you don't feel like designing your own.

Prizefighters 2 will be free-to-play with premium features unlocked by a single IAP. I plan to release it around mid-December on iPhone and iPad. If you're interested in beta testing, please PM or respond to this post and I will notify you when it is available later this week! Thank you for your time.

Screenshots
    taleofthetape.png
    round_1.png
    left_jab.png
    right_cross.png
    KO.png

profile.png
    appearance.png

Attached Files:

2. Potato Toot

Potato Toot Active Member
    Patreon Indie

Dec 25, 2017
    Male
    Indie Game Dev
    United States
    I really enjoyed the original Prizefighters.
    This looks awesome.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    great!!! can’t wait for it.

4. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    hey @KoalityGame, i’ve tried the beta version about an hour, and there’s a couple of essential things that don’t work: firstly the tutorial is broken, it stucks at the first screen, then the step forward never works...
    anyway, how the hell do i make charged punches here (was holding down the button in the previous game)??? maybe it doesn’t work too, it’s a bug?

then i don’t like buttons style very much, i don’t know what it is, but i just don’t like them, sorry.

anyway, looks like a great piece of game, let's see how it will grow.

5. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Yes, I believe there are a few bugs preventing the controls from working properly, I'll get them fixed asap and push out an update. Power punches work the same (holding down the button) but you need to build momentum first. Thanks for your patience!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  6. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i know this will become a must have boxing game, like its predecessor (btw, it’s still strong in my device, a masterpiece imo), and anyway all your games are really good, pal.

7. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    I appreciate that! I'll be looking to implement as much feedback as possible from the TA forums as I did for Prizefighters 1. The input here is what made that game what it is so I really value all the testers here!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  8. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    Hi looks fantastic, i participate on the first game beta, if you need betatesters let me know!

cheers

9. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Just sent you an invite, thanks for your interest! There's still a few noticeable bugs but hopefully a new update will be releasing within a day or so to fix them. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback!

10. mjga

mjga New Member

Nov 3, 2020
    Male
    i was a big fan of prizefighters 1 and lowkey wanted it to be deeper and omg this looks amazing! i would love to be a tester and provide feedback

11. ggallin

ggallin Well-Known Member

May 10, 2013
    Photographer
    Argentina
    great thanks!

12. iphoneglance

iphoneglance Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Editor at MacExpertGuide.com
    London
    The graphics on this gives me a bit of nostalgia. I want to play it.

13. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Just sent you an invite!

14. kawfi

kawfi New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Disregard this message.

15. kawfi

kawfi New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I am still enjoying Prizefighters till this day! I am very much interested in beta testing the sequel!

[email protected]

16. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    ok, commands work fine now, i’m loving charged punch, they are really heavy o_O

now i’m waiting for career, it’ll be fantastic.. btw, custom options are incredibly huge, good work there!

edit> oh, i haven’t found any bug yet.

17. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Glad you're liking the controls now! They're actually a bit deeper than on the surface and I plan on explaining this better to the user. But you can pull off the following advanced punches below (requires power punch):

Standing Uppercut: Hold UP + Hold Left/Right Head Attack
    Counter Uppercut: From ducking position, Hold Left/Right Head Attack

In addition, you can throw punches from a left or right dodge by throwing from the respective side. For example, from a left dodge, throw a left head punch. You can also tap or hold dodge to change the duration.

18. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    This sequel looks phenomenal and I would love to be able test this version out if possible. I loved the original game and it remains on my device to this day. I would be happy to offer detailed impressions/suggestions as needed.

19. KoalityGame

Patreon Bronze

Jun 3, 2015
    Game Developer
    Portland OR
    Invite has been sent, hope you enjoy it as much as the first one!

20. mjga

mjga New Member

Nov 3, 2020
    Male
    so far it plays great! feedback tho wouldnt it be better if the blocking buttons are placed on the lower part of the screen instead of in the middle?