Universal Prison Run and Gun (by Adrian Kumorowski)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mephiozo, Mar 30, 2016.

1. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Great! Most of the time it's not a level killer bc a tank respawns and the level design is set up to be able to get back to the new tank, but if it happens on level 26 when trying to get the key there is no way to get back to the respawned tank!!

Still loving the game.

2. mephiozo

mephiozo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Male
    Version 1.0.1 has been submitted for review.
    It hopefully fixes jetpack and the other small bugs.

3. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    Update appears to wipe progress! Happy to replay the levels though

4. fix2k5

fix2k5 New Member

May 2, 2014
    Update indeed removes all progress. But im not happy about it. Any chance to restore?

5. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Geez. Wiping all progress absolutely sucks. Devs please restore our progress. I was finishing up Level 18 and am not looking forward to replaying all the levels. I worked hard to even get to that level.

6. mephiozo

Jul 29, 2013
    Male
    That sucks!
    Really sorry about that - not sure why this happened.

I'll check what went wrong and if there's anything we can do (but save files are stored locally so chances to recover it are low)

7. MathFan

MathFan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2014
    You, sir, are ridiculous. Losing progress due to an update is a rookie move.

8. mephiozo

Jul 29, 2013
    Male
    This isn't our first game, and yet it happened (for the first time).

9. Fra3guitars

Fra3guitars Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Pixel Artist
    Rome, Italy
    awesome art direction, guys!

10. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Thanks for the heads up, phew!

As much as i enjoyed to flee from the prison, i wouldn't have wanted to go through all again. Some tasks were almost painful finicky (jets, ride the drones), and yet i was glued to the screen and eager to finish this little platform puzzle gem.

I also admit, i needed to watch two walkthroughs to catch all keys (11 and 25 oh stupid me on this one).

So, before i delete the game...are there more level coming?
    Otherwise i would update to see if the progress is lost for me too (of course i guess).

Now i enjoy my freedom...oh irony!

Attached Files:

11. MathFan

Jul 27, 2014
    Nice apology. What are you going to do to keep your customers happy after screwing them over?

12. onyx77

onyx77 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2010
    The progress wipe shouldn't be that big of a deal... Yes the levels were tough but only until you figured out what to do on each level. Once you figure it out MOST of the levels should be substantially easier to run through. My progress got wiped and I've made it back to level 18 in just one sitting of less than an hour. Plus I only skipped one key in doing that.

I was initially bummed too but once I decided to start again I was surprised how quickly I was making easy work of the levels.

13. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    What are you expecting, free games for life?

14. MathFan

Jul 27, 2014
    Nice use of fallacy in your reasoning. You attacked me instead of the developer who has made the grievous error of deleting all game progress.

15. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Well since you asked what dev is going to do to keep customers (you) happy, I dont see hows it attacking to ask whatd make you happy. Btw if you ask me youre the one attacking. I think youve made your point already.

16. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    You sir, are being an asshole. I'm sure the dev did not intend to wipe your progress. Mistakes happen, get over it. You are making this out to be a much bigger deal than what it actually is. You were able to get a fantastic game for 2 dollars, no reason to whine like a 2 year old because of a hiccup with the update. It is not easy trying to develop a game, and there will always be bumps in the road. Try to have some humility and forgive people once in awhile, you will notice that people might actually respect you and enjoy your company after that.

In the meantime, why don't you just play something else until the issue gets worked out, so you don't have to worry about replaying the game and losing your progress.

17. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Finally started playing this. I bought it a couple weeks back when it came out. Had no idea it was this fun! I'm absolutely loving the tiny guns and puzzles to progress. I hate having to leave a gun behind. But so far the levels have everything I need to proceed. :)

18. mephiozo

Jul 29, 2013
    Male
    #78 mephiozo, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    I assume after writing a 1 star review "DO NOT SUPPORT THIS DEVELOPER" you feel much better now ...

19. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Okay everybody...stop the name calling.

It's obvious this was an honest mistake. A developer is not going to intentionally shoot himself in the foot and disrupt his fan base. Conversely, the outbursts show that this is a fan base that cares about this game. Either wait for a possible forthcoming solution or playthrough a second time.

TBH, a second playthrough isn't as difficult. Also, if you're stumped the dev was kind enough to post a link of walk-throughs earlier in the thread.

20. skylined87

skylined87 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2014
    Amen brother. :)