Universal Prison Life RPG (by Nob Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. BluzCrow

BluzCrow Member

Sep 21, 2013
    So more than half of the 5 star ratings were by the developer .....

2. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    They like their game.

3. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    absolutely agree to add own prisoner feature!! please consider this option dev. thanks!!!

4. nobstudio

nobstudio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 8, 2011
    game developer
    singapore
    Non Studio is a one man studio, there is only one warden, me!

Noted. Will try to add a customize prisoner feature after I am done reading all the confiscated d.i.y magazines.

5. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Attempted coup fails.

The personalized feature sounds good, perhaps after certain challenges completed will unlock that feature?

6. nobstudio

nobstudio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 8, 2011
    game developer
    singapore
    I am thinking and designing this in my afternoon nap dream.

Meanwhile, let's take a look at how the new inmates are doing in the first day of Prison Life RPG.

suicided: 131
    Released: 76
    Die of Poor Health: 66
    Murdered for cheating in Gambling den: 22
    Escaped:18
    Captured during escape: 6
    Died during escape: 4
    Parole: 2

Wow, so many dead bodies.

7. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    I was LOL'ed when I read the statistics! Plenty of first day prisoners try to escape! This game have so many ways of ending!

@Nobstudio, I also found some game center achievements naming are incorrect such as "title_released" ?

8. Luckithroe

Luckithroe Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    This is such a cool concept, I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to the dev for bringing together such an innovation in gaming. I hope you keep it moving forward, if it requires additional charges for content packs so be it. I paid for version 1 and perhaps some updates but if you make significant updates outside of concluding the original base concept I would prefer to pay for an enhancement over splitting it into a second game (I.e prison life RPG 2).

Thanks again!

9. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Okay. First off: love this game.

Second: how else can I gain health besides going to the infirmary? I tried to get there by picking a fight and winning, which only got me put in solitary. Halp!

10. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    ludka33 you're send to the solitary only if the fight happens in front of the guards so if you don't want to spend the time there, just avoid fighting in public. For fighting or killing other inmates without consequences, just do it during the shower time. There are no guards. If you need to go to solitary (when you're performing task for the gang), that's the right choice than. Anyway, refilling your health is easier by food and not only during the lunch, but with apples or bread from the store (both at low prices e.g. 7-8$) so it's basically the first thing to do: go shopping. Food for health, DIY magazine for happiness. And you also gain a little health (together with energy and happiness) after successful shower.

11. javamex

javamex Well-Known Member

Which device recommended for?

This looks intriguing and I notice it's universal -- which device, iPhone or iPad, would people recommend installing on? Is there any tangible advantage to the large screen with this game?

12. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    I didn't try it on my iPhone yet, but it's portrait mode only so I guess it doesn't really matter. Should be enjoyable enough on smaller device as well.

13. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    I play only on my iphone 5s. Plays perfectly. Easy to read, easy to see. Works great.

Edit: oh, and thanks for the reply mac! Didn't even THINK about food.

14. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Before pressing the Solitary button, you can also tap on another inmate and try to blame it on him (Useful Skills:
    Steal; Stealth; Disguise; Lock Pick: +8/+8/+10/+5
    or ask for ask for Help (Relation of 45+ required) and pay money to see if you get helped (do it especially when you have 2 prisoners and at least $30).

15. maiyr

maiyr Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Survived both with clown and kenny, but died twice with gimlee. Really enjoying this game. Looking forward to a possible create your own convict, and maybe sandbox mode.

16. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

Dear dev, äh excuse me, dear warden,
    Thanks for this great game. Did now finish the game with Gimlee, Clown and Uncle Three and reached all goals. In every playthrough i had to use a different strategy. I look now forward to use a harder level character. This game has really a great replay value. After 12 hours with 3 characters i still have 97 left.
    I wrote you a nice review on the german appstore and gave you a 5/5. have a nice day.

P.s. It's obviouse the reviewer at pocket gamer only had 10 minutes to play your game. Otherwise he would not have written such a crap.

17. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Or maybe he didn't receive his bribe. :)

You should have an easy time getting all the skills with Bat Man (at least that's how I did it). He has a lot of money, high strength and that is a powerful combination.

PS: With Batman -> Escape using Helicopter and abandon Alfred. :D

18. maiyr

maiyr Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Wish there was a way to keep increasing my stats, after using the only time buys. That and a way to increase energy for those with longer sentences.

19. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    well I bought the game and playing as KennyG now I know it's early on as iv only played for a few hours but pretty blown away how awesome it is.

20. ludka33

Jan 12, 2013
    Dear warden dev-meister,

A suggestion for future sequals... Minigames for the jobs. Gambling is a poker minigame, a boxing minigame, etc.

Might make for a huge game (I'm not a dev, myself), but it could make for a very cool game.

If it's impossible, I apologize for the silly suggestion.

#